About this event
AXS Autocross Series at Atlanta Motorsports Park is open to anyone age 16+ with a valid drivers licences. The AXS Autocross Series will run on the same days as the Main Track Summer Series. Register early (>2xweeks) and save $15. (1) Free Lunch included for anyone registered 3-days before the event.
All drivers will be grouped based on power to weight (PPP Scale) and whether or not they are Stock/Modified. We are using the honor system and you will fill out a self tech form upon registering. We will tech according to SCCA rules for any group of 6 or more drivers that want to follow SCCA rules, otherwise all vehicles must pass a basic safety tech and quick visual to verify their competition subclass. We reserve the right to send a car back across tech if a complaint is filed.
- PPP Score (Pounds Per Pony)
- Calculated: (Curb Weight) ÷ (Horsepower), EV’s (-1) to final score
- Classes: Street Stock(PPP), Modified(PPP)
- Stock: Must be stock with OEM tire size and street tires. can run any aftermarket cold air intake or cat back exhaust. Over the counter flash tunes are OK, but must be reported on your self tech form and you must add the claimed +HP gains from the tuners website to your cars stock HP (as reported by the manufacturer).
- Modified: A car is considered modified if it has any aftermarket parts (other than CAI, Catback exhaust, or ECU Flash tune) that have replaced stock OEM parts with the intention of improving performance. This includes anything that improves power, handling or aerodynamics of the vehicle.
- Electric Vehicles (EVs): If 6 or more EV’s drivers want to breakout (Group E) into an EV only class, we will follow SCCA EVX rules. Otherwise will follow (-1) penalty when calculating PPP Score.
- Sub-Classes (PPP Score):
- (Stock) Group A = 1.0-4.9
- (Stock) Group B = 5.0-6.9
- (Stock) Group C = 7.0-8.9
- (Stock) Group D = 9.0-10.9
- (Stock) Group F = 11.0-12.9
- (Stock) Group G = 13.0-14.9
- (Stock) Group H = 15+
- (Mod) Group A = 1.0-4.9
- (Mod) Group B = 5.0-6.9
- (Mod) Group C = 7.0-8.9
- (Mod) Group D = 9.0-10.9
- (Mod) Group F = 11.0-12.9
- (Mod) Group G = 13.0-14.9
- (Mod) Group H = 15+
Track and Penalties:
A cone course will be set up in the paddock. Drivers will start from a stand still in the designated starting area and will drive the cone course as fast as they can trying to avoid knocking over any cones and coming to a complete stop before time is counted. Any cone(s) knocked over during a run will result in a 1.0s penalty being added to the run time. All cars will stage single file and drive first come first serve until time is up. Once finished with a run, each car will go to the back of the line and wait for their next run. If enough drivers are participating, groups will be separated into assigned times. Track layout will change each month.
Eligibility and Pricing:
Anyone 16+ years of age with a valid (US) drivers license is eligible to participate. Cars must pass a basic safety check to make sure they have functional seat belts, are road worthy and have no unsecured items in or outside the car. All drivers must have a Snell rated helmet manufactured within the last 15 years. Helmets available for rent at Discovery Parts.
AMP Club Members: $75
Non Members: $85
Addiational Lunch Ticket: $15 (purchase)
Drivers will compete for two prizes. Best in Class and Best Delta. We will follow SCCA guidelines for awarding Podium awards, meaning there must be at least 2 people competing in a class for a 1st place to be awarded. We have 16 podiums (48 awards) up for grabs each event and will crown a season champion at the end of the year!
- Best in Class: Fastest (up to 5) drivers in each subclass. Lowest time after penalties. Fastest time can be from any run during the day.
- Best Delta: Most consistent (up to 5) drivers. Closest score to Zero wins. No classes, all drivers competing against each other.
- Score = [Final Run] - [(Run 1+Run 2+Run 3) ÷ 3]
- Season Points: Each event score season points calculated; Points = 100 – 900 * [(your time – best time in class) / best time in class]; Best 6 out of 8 events count towards season total. Highest score after 8 events wins the class championship.
** AXS will be run RAIN or SHINE **
** Registration Fees are not refundable **
** We will allow one grace application of the fee paid towards another race for cancellation, within that calendar year only **
AXS Autocross Series at Atlanta Motorsports Park is open to anyone age 16+ with a valid drivers licences.
If you have any questions about rules or qualifications. Please contact the AMP Race Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mandatory Drivers Meeting: 9:30AM (Located 2nd Floor of Club House in the Show Room)