About this event
About this Event
Welcome to registration for San Diego Chapter Autocross.
BIG NEWS! After 3 years off, Autocross is BACK! If you have autocrossed with us before, below are the major changes.
Our new autocross location is North Island Credit Union Amphitheater in Chula Vista.
NEW HALF-DAY OPTIONS
You now have 3 options for your autocross day, regardless of car class. You may register for:
- MORNING session, 7am - Noon
- AFTERNOON session, 11am - 4pm
- ALL DAY, 7am - 4pm
NEW CAR CLASSES
Cars will be placed in Class A, B, C, D, E, F, X (non-BMW), or GOLD (Instructors).
NEW DRIVE SESSION
If you signed up for a HALF DAY, you will drive all of your laps in ONE session. If you signed up for ALL DAY, you will drive in ONE session in the morning and ONE session in the afternoon.
NEW WORK SESSION
If you signed up for a HALF DAY, you will only work ONE session. If you signed up for ALL DAY, you will work ONE session in the morning and ONE session in the afternoon.
Awards will be given after the morning session AND after the afternoon session.
We have access to the indoor, permanent bathrooms of the Amphitheater. No more porta-potties!
If you’d like lunch at the event, please purchase lunch when you register. Morning and Afternoon participants will be having lunch together at the same time.
See www.sdbmwcca.com for a calendar of future driving events with the San Diego Chapter.
- Helmets: Must be Snell SA or Snell M, 2015 or later. If you don’t have a helmet, you can rent one from us at the event for $10. If running an open-wheeled car, a full face helmet and visor are required.
- Noise Limit: All cars MUST be under a 95dB noise level—we will be checking! Over 95dB = no autocross.
- Rain: We run rain or shine. You’ll learn more and your tires will wear less!
- Members Only: You must be a BMW CCA member to participate. Join online at www.bmwcca.org in advance.
- Car Tech: Your car must pass an on- site tech inspection the day of the event.
- Vehicle Restrictions: Due to rollover concerns, some tall vehicles are not allowed (vehicle must be wider than it is tall, may not have a live axle, and may not have a lifted suspension.) No two- or three-wheeled vehicles.
- Register Online Early: We usually fill all the spots prior to the event, so register online early.
- Drivers must have a valid driver's license, and drivers under age 18 must have a waiver signed by parent or guardian available at the gate.
- Drivers may not take passengers other than identified Instructors. Passengers riding with Instructors must be aged 16 or older.
- Cancellations: Registration can be canceled 4 days before the event for a full refund. Any cancellations after the cutoff but before the event starts will result in a 50% credit for a future event. No-shows on the day of the event will not receive a refund or credit.