About this event
Come run with us at Mid-Ohio!
We will be renting garages so you can hide from the elements - be it sun or rain!
We're going to have a special guest, Dennis Macchio who runs the Bertil Roos Racing School attending the event. He will be available for one-on-one discussions.
If you are not currently a Certified Instructor for the Allegheny Region and would like to apply please contact Bruce Graham, our chief instructor: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your instructing CV.
Safety & Car Requirements
- HELMET - 2005 or later SNELL rating required (sticker must be attached - look inside helmet). SNELL “SA” recommended. A helmet with only a DOT rating is NOT acceptable. (Note: new requirement; 2000-rated helmets NOT ACCEPTABLE!)
- Seatbelts - As a minimum the vehicle shall have the OEM restraints. If the participant chooses to install 5 or 6 point driving harnesses, four point harnesses are not allowed with the exception of the Schroth DOT approved 4 point harness, the harnesses must include an antisubmarine strap and be mounted in an approved manner consistent with the manufacturer’s instructions. The Harness System must be used in conjunction with a seat which has the supplied routing holes for the shoulder and anti-submarine belts. The use of H-style shoulder belts is no longer allowed by PCA. Equal restraints are required for driver & passenger.
- Seating requirements - ALL participant vehicles must have TWO seats with equal restraints for the driver and the passenger. This applies to ALL run groups, including instructors. If you do not have a car that qualifies under this rule, please don't apply. If you show up without a second seat or without equal restraints, your car will fail tech inspection and you will not be allowed on the track. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS and NO REFUNDS.
- Roll bar - Open air vehicles must have OEM, operational, roll over protection OR properly installed roll bars that meet the broomstick rule, i.e., must be taller than driver & also provide protection for passenger. Arm restraints required for driver and passenger for open vehicle operation.
- Sunroofs - must be fully closed on track.
- Tires - minimum - 3/32" tire tread depth for street tires.
- Clothing – minimum requirement - long sleeve 100% cotton shirt, long 100% cotton pants, leather or canvas shoes.
- Age - Drivers must be 18 years or older with valid driver's license.
- Co-Driver - No more than one novice driver per vehicle.
- Noise - No open exhausts - (100dB limit)
- Car Safety – the driver of the vehicle is responsible for the preparation and proper operation of their vehicle. All registered drivers will receive ARPCA’s Safety Inspection Form, updated for 2011, which is to be completed, signed, and brought to the track. All vehicles will be required to pass a safety inspection at the track. Failure of this inspection will not result in a refund of your registration fee. You will be allowed to remedy any problems and resubmit your vehicle for approval.
Cars that are not permitted: All open wheeled cars are prohibited. All cars with an open cockpit like a Lotus 7 or Caterham are pr
ohibited. All cars requiring methanol based fuels are prohibited. Should there be any question about the suitability and safety of a vehicle, the final determination will be made by the Chief Instructors/Safety Chair
Saturday Evening Dinner
Come join us Saturday evening for dinner. You will be able to relax and enjoy good food with old and new friends.
Costs and Options:
Costs and Options:
- Driver Registration Cost: $385
- Instructor Registration Cost: $0 (only ARPCA - approved instructors)
- Lapping Day Cost: $180
- Garage Rental: $100 per vehicle - 2 vehicles per garage
- Dinner Costs: $35 Adult, $15 Child under 10
You will be asked for a credit card when you register. We will charge your credit card after your registration has been reviewed and approved by the event chairs.
You may adjust your registration on-line. Any additional charges will be reviewed and charged as appropriate to your credit card. If refunds are appropriate (eg. for canceling dinner reservations) they will be made via check. Any refunds will be subject to the standard cancellation policy outlined in the cancellation section for this event.