About this event
ARPCA presents our first of two events at The Pittsburgh International Race Complex!
The Allegheny Region of the Porsche Club of America will be hosting a Driver’s Education Event at the PittRace Complex on Saturday and Sunday, Jun 4 and 5, 2016.
Pittsburgh International Race Complex (PittRace) is located just a 20-minute drive north of the Pittsburgh airport and is easily accessed just off of the PA Turnpike. The circuit was expanded in 2015 and is now 2.75 miles in length. The track has over 90' of elevation change and 19 turns and will challenge even the most experienced driver. If you have previously only driven the old circuit you owe it to yourself to experience the new; you will not be disappointed.
Upgrades to the facility and cart track continue including curbing, paddock upgrades, paving the road to spectator hill and power connections in the paddock. PittRace is becoming a destination track, the new track layout is a challenging circuit that provides a thrill for all skill levels. This is a great opportunity to learn more about your car and enhance your driving skills. Our club has a long history in making sure that first timers feel especially welcome! Helmets available at this track, so if your car passes tech, you could participate (see details in the Track area of ARPCA.com)
Would you like to instruct? - If you are not currently an Approved Instructor for the Allegheny Region and would like to instruct please contact Drake Core, our chief instructor: email@example.com to discuss your credentials.
Saturday evening immediately following the school, we will have a complementary social event in the paddock to swap stories and tall tales. Additional details to follow.
Note this information has changed for 2016.
- HELMET – 2010 or 2015 SNELL rating REQUIRED with SNELL sticker attached. SNELL SA standard strongly recommended. DOT-rated helmets are not acceptable. Please do not arrive with a SNELL 2005 helmet, as you will not be allowed to participate!
- SEATBELTS – As a minimum the vehicle shall have the OEM restraints. If you have chosen to install 5 or 6-point harnesses, be mindful that the proper installation of these will require several changes to the automobile to create a safe occupant system. Harnesses must include an anti-submarine strap and be mounted in an approved manner consistent with the harness manufacturer instructions. A seat designed for use with harnesses will have pass-throughs for the correct routing of the harness; both through the back and seat. Equal restraint systems are required for both driver and passenger. Harnesses will be checked for expiration date compliance. Any expired harness will be granted a “one-time pass” to participate in that event but vehicle will not be allowed to be used at subsequent ARPCA events without replacement.
- SEATING REQUIREMENTS – ALL participant vehicles must have TWO seats with equal restraints for the driver and passenger. This applies to all run groups (including instructors). Please do not register if you don’t have a car that will meet this standard. There will be no exceptions or special dispensation given for this rule.
- ROLL BAR – All “non-fixed-metal” roofed cars must have OEM rollover protection (e.g. 996 and later Cabriolets, Boxsters etc.) or a proper roll bar that passes the “broomstick test”. Convertibles will run with the top up or occupants will wear arm restraints.
- AGE – Drivers must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license.
- CO-DRIVER – If two drivers will be sharing a car, only one of them may be a novice.
- CAR SAFETY – The driver of the vehicle is responsible for the proper preparation and operation of the vehicle. All registered drivers will receive a link to ARPCA’s Tech Inspection form, which is to be completed, signed and brought to the event. All non-instructor-driven vehicles will be required to pass tech inspection at the track. No refunds will be given for failure to pass tech inspection. You will be allowed to remedy any failed items and resubmit your vehicle for approval.
- THE OPINIONS OF THE INSTRUCTOR WITH REGARDS TO SAFETY TAKES PRECEDENCE OVER STUDENT OPINIONS – The instructor assigned to the student will have the final say with regard to the operation of the car while on the track. This encompasses both the actual driving by the student as well as operation of the car and its’ equipment (e.g. data acquisition and/or cameras and recording devices). Be advised that the Chief Instructor(s) are much more likely to take the side of the instructor than that of the student in matters that involve a difference of opinion regarding the operation of the car while on the track.
- CARS THAT ARE NOT PERMITTED – All open-wheeled cars are prohibited. Cars with fenders attached to the suspension (e.g. Lotus 7/Caterham) and not attached to the body of the car in at least two locations are prohibited.
Should there be any question about the suitability of a vehicle please contact the ARPCA Safety/Tech chairman at Safety@ARPCA.com.
Be alert for new safety procedures in 2016! Details will be emailed to drivers closer to the events.
Tell us about your abilities.
In order to place you correctly, please make sure your driving resume is up to date in Motorsport Reg. A suggested structure is below:
Please make sure that your logbook of experience in your member profile is up to date. We will use this information to evaluate your ability and to correctly place you into your run group.
Costs and Options:
- Driver Registration Cost: $425.00
- Instructor Registration Cost: $ 100.00 (for ARPCA - approved instructors who drive the event)
You will be asked for a credit card when you register. We will charge your credit card after your registration has been reviewed and approved by the event chairs on or around April 19, 2015.
You may adjust your registration on-line. Any additional charges will be reviewed and charged as appropriate to your credit card. Any refunds will be subject to the standard cancelation policy outlined in the cancelation section for this event.
Our refund policy has changed.
Our refund policy: We do not charge your card until 45-days in advance of the event. After that date, the cancellation fee is $100.00, until 2 weeks before the event.
No refunds are provided fourteen (14) days in advance of the event.
- Changes can be made for free until April 19, 2016
- Your credit card is charged April 19, 2016
- One Hundred dollar ($100.00) cancel fee in effect April 19, through May 21, 2016
- No refunds provided after May 21, 2016.
Note: Event occurs rain or shine. June 4, 2016