About this event
REGISTRATION CLOSES 11 PM Thursday, May 12. If you want to attend, you can register at the track. Please call Terry Watson at 443-462-7834
HPDE -Time Trials- Racing - Enduro
All makes and models welcome!
Join us at Buttonwillow Raceway for our May event. We have lots of run groups, including High Performance Driver Education (HPDE), Time Trial/Time Attack, Wheel to Wheel racing, and our annual 2 hour Endurance race. You will get about 2 hours of track time each day. Buttonwillow has great facilities, including RV parking, garage rentals, excellent cafe, showers, a go-kart track, and more. The grassy areas are perfect for pitching a tent/umbrella and relaxing between runs. The 3-story tower offers a great vantage point to see the whole track, especially the Endurance race.
Our run groups:
- HPDE: For people who have not driven on the track before or who are uncomfortable driving solo. This will be a highly controlled driving training environment, including classroom and in-car instruction.
- Solo Group: Passing only on straights and only with a point-by. This is for people with roughly 1 to 7 track days or who think they would be uncomfortable with less restrictive passing.
- Point-By Group: Passing is allowed anywhere on track but only with a point-by. This is for people who have about 7 to 20 track days.
- Open Passing Group: This is for people with 20-plus track days or drivers with race or race school experience.
- Race: Wheel to wheel racing action
- Enduro: Our annual 2 hour endurance race on Saturday. You can drive it all yourself, or with up to two other co-drivers. Entry fee is for the car, regardless of team size. This year’s Endurance event will run from 4 PM to 6 PM, and will include a qualifying session on Saturday afternoon.
We will run the full track, configuration 13, which includes the Bus Stop along the back side. This will level the playing field a bit between the high horsepower cars and the small cars.
Saturday Night Barbecue dinner at the Willow Ranch, 6:30 PM. Bench racing, tall-tale telling, great food & friends!
Accommodations - Motel 6 Central. Tell them you’re with the Alfa Romeo Club, and code: 453330, to get the Club room rate of $45.99, Single or Doubles.
You can find more details at: http://www.aroschpd.org/events/2011/may2011_bw.html
AROSC - Taking it to the track since 1972!
Quick summary of required safety equipment:
Required Safety Equipment:
All Time Trials & HPDE Cars:
- Factory seat belt in good working order.
- Snell 2000 or better helmet.
- Gloves - leather or Nomex. No holes or synthetic materials.
- Natural fiber clothing extending from neck to wrist & ankles.
- Convertibles: Must have Roll bars extending 2” above top of helmet. “Factory” or “street” bars acceptable for HPDE & Solo groups only.
Additional Equipment, Point-by Time Trials cars:
- Five point harness if car is 1999 or older, or heavily modified.
Additional Equipment, Open Passing Time Trials and Race cars
- Five point harness.
- Fire extinguisher
- Nomex driving suit (Race).
- Full cage (6 pt min) with some exception (Race).
- Arm Restraints, open cars (Race)
Please refer to the AROSC Self Tech form for complete information:
AROSC Members Only Discount Code:
MEM 2 DAY for full weekend sign-ups.
MEM 1 DAY for one day sign-ups.