About this event
Join Audi Club Northwest at The Ridge Motorsports Park on Saturday and Sunday, August 13-14, for Strassenlage 2022 sponsored by Toyo Tires!
Registration for Strassenlage (that's German for handling!) will open Wednesday June 29, 2022, at 6:00PM.
If you've not yet completed a Driver Skills event, this event does NOT have a Driver Skills component. Drivers must have attended at least one ACNW event or equivalent from another club or high performance driving school. Non-solo drivers who have attended previous events will have Instructors in their right seats to help them hone their skills on-track. For those who are signed off Solo but are interested in improving their skills, Instructors are also available upon request (please note when you register).
The club will be paying for overnight security at the Ridge, so you are welcome to camp at the Ridge Friday and Saturday night. Vehicles may be dropped off any time after 5:00PM on Friday.
Registration includes lunch. Guest lunches are available as well. Note: When meals are a part of our events, ACNW will attempt to accommodate special dietary requirements if requested. However, meals are provided by third parties and circumstances may not always enable ACNW or its vendors to meet every special dietary need.
- Alderbrook Resort, 7101 E State Route 106, Union, WA 98592. Phone: (360) 898-2200.
- Little Creek Casino Resort, 91 W State Route 108, Shelton, WA 98584. Phone: (360) 427-7711
- Shelton Inn, 628 West Railroad Ave, Shelton, WA 98584. Call (800) 451-4560 and mention "Ridge Motorsports Park" for a special discounted rate.
- Super 8, 2943 Northview Circle, Shelton, WA 98584. Call (360) 358-3793 and mention "Ridge Motorsports Park" to receive a discounted rate.
RV/tent camping will be permitted at the track.
Please read the 2022 Strassenlage Driver Handout and ACNW HPDE Event Information for Drivers documents posted on ACNW's Driving School Materials page. This information may change, so please re-read before the event.
You need to be a member of Audi Club North America to drive at this event*. If you’ve not yet joined the club, you can get in the club by clicking here.
Drivers must have participated in at least one ACNW Driver Skills event or equivalent from another club or high-performance driving school. Non-solo drivers who have attended previous events will have Instructors paired with them to help them hone their skills on-track. All drivers must be at least 16 years of age.
*Reciprocal instructors from BMWCCA Puget Sound Chapter and PCA Pacific Northwest Region may instruct and drive without an ACNA membership.
Release and Waiver of Liability:
Everyone must sign the Release and Waiver of Liability and Communicable Disease Spectator and Participant Release forms online for Audi Club Northwest’s insurance coverage prior to coming to the facility. We recommend that you initiate this process using the SpeedWaiver invite on the first page of the registration form (add your mobile/cell number and click “Yes” for the ‘Check in faster, sign the waiver on your mobile device’ question).
If you choose to initiate the SpeedWaiver process later, or if you want to also sign on behalf of a minor, use can use this link to do so.
The full text of this Release and Waiver of Liability is on the last page of the registration form, and can also be found on the ACNW's Driving School Materials page.
In addition, you will need to sign an online waiver from the Ridge prior to attending the event. We will provide that information to you when we get it.
Convertibles lacking rollover protection are not permitted in ACNA High Performance Driving Schools (HPDE, lapping, or any events held “at speed”). Vehicles with removable hardtops or retractable hardtops lacking a rollover protection system are also not permitted at high-speed events. Convertibles with factory-installed rollover protection (either fixed or deployable) meet the ACNA minimum requirement for high-speed events and are acceptable, subject to approval by chapter leadership and event staff. We strongly recommend driving with the soft-top up or the hard top installed; otherwise, SFI and/or FIA approved arm restraint system(s)must be used.
High Center of Gravity Vehicles:
High center of gravity vehicles (truck, van, SUV-Sport Utility Vehicle, CUV-Crossover Utility Vehicle, SAV-Sport Activity Vehicle) are not permitted in Audi Club Driving School events held “at speed” (DE-Driver Education, HPDE, instructed or non-instructed lapping, track days), except those models included in the ACNA Vehicle Participation Exception List found in the ACNA Driving School and Event Guidelines document. These exceptions include Audi Q3/Q5, BMW X1/X3/X5, Porsche Macan, Cayenne, for example.
Audi Club North America policies for convertibles and high center of gravity vehicles are posted on the ACNW's Driving School Materials page under ACNA Driving School and Event Guidelines for your review.
Approved helmets are required to be worn when on track at this event. Approved helmets include only SA2015 and SA2020 Snell-rated helmets. SA2010 and M (Motorcyle) and K (Karting) helmets are no longer approved. We have 25 SA2015 and S2020 club helmets in various sizes available for rent ($25) on a first come, first serve basis.
Safety Inspection Policy:
For every event, ACNW requires two (2) signatures on your Vehicle Safety Inspection Checklist form. View this form here.
- The signature at the bottom is yours. It is your car, and we need you to take responsibility for its safe condition and operation.
- It is ACNW’s expectation that your car will be inspected per the areas of emphasis on the Vehicle Safety Inspection Checklist form, by someone in addition to you. This should be a dealer, a local automotive shop, or any other person you believe has the technical knowledge and experience to thoroughly inspect your car for safety. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to confirm that your car is safe to operate at the event, and ACNW strongly encourages you to be honest about your own mechanical abilities/knowledge. Should you feel capable and confident in inspecting your own vehicle, it is permissible for the second “Inspected by” signature to be your own.
- View the entire Safety Inspection Policy and Procedure here.
Please bring a signed paper copy of your Safety Inspection Checklist to registration to hand in on the morning of the event.