About this event
Join Audi Club Northwest at Area 27 On Tuesday September 5th and Wednesday September 6th for Ausflug 2023 Presented by Toyo Tires!
We've set the table once again to bring you the rare opportunity to drive two days at an amazing private facility in the heart of Canadian wine country!
Area 27 is a world class circuit designed by F1 world champion Jacques Villeneuve to be the ultimate driver’s track. The 3-mile track features multiple elevation changes, 16 corners including banked and blind corners, and 4 high-speed straightaways.
Normally you have to pay tens of thousands of dollars to join the track as a member to experience the track, but we’re giving you this chance to drive it two days, back-to-back for much, much less. The gorgeous clubhouse features views of the track and surrounding area from either the indoor, climate controlled second floor with glass walls or the 2500 sq ft patio. The paddock is large, well maintained and will be available to leave your trailers and equipment overnight.
For those of you who can’t get enough track time or will be traveling with families, there is an excellent go kart track at the facility. For the wine fans, this is the place to be. With over 170 wineries in the Okanogan Valley region, there is surely something to please most any oenophile.
The town of Oliver is a short five-minute drive from the facility and offers food, gas and lodging options. Around a 30-minute drive away, the town of Penticton offers more lodging, several breweries, excellent food and, you guessed it, more wineries! Penticton is also sandwiched between two beautiful lakes, Skaha Lake and Okanogan Lake. Activities include swimming, paddling, boating, jet skiing, hiking, biking and more.
This event will be limited to vetted solo drivers only, as no instruction will be available (we will be conducting lead-follow laps for the first session on Saturday to get everyone familiar with the circuit). Only the first 60 drivers will have the chance to take part in this special opportunity.
Please email the event masters Jim Wegielewski or Alex Bradley with any questions.
You need to be a member of Audi Club North America to drive at this event*. If you’ve not yet joined the club, you can get in the club by clicking here.
Area 27 has a strict 3 day track day attendance limit for non-members within a calendar year. Please ensure you will not be in violation of this rule before registering.
Drivers must be signed off solo and run in the faster run groups with their respective clubs, and will be vetted with their club's Chief Driving Instructor before being confirmed in to the event.
*PCA-PNWR members and reciprocal instructors from BMWCCA Puget Sound Chapter and PCA Pacific Northwest Region may drive without an ACNA membership.
Release and Waiver of Liability:
Everyone must sign the Release and Waiver of Liability and Communicable Disease Spectator and Participant Release forms online for Audi Club Northwest’s insurance coverage prior to coming to the facility. We recommend that you initiate this process using the SpeedWaiver invite on the first page of the registration form (add your mobile/cell number and click “Yes” for the ‘Check in faster, sign the waiver on your mobile device’ question).
If you choose to initiate the SpeedWaiver process later, or if you want to also sign on behalf of a minor, use can use this link to do so.
The full text of this Release and Waiver of Liability is on the last page of the registration form, and can also be found on the ACNW's Driving School Materials page.
Approved helmets are required to be worn when on track at this event. Approved helmets include only Snell SA2015, EA2016, or SA2020 certified helmets. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. You can rent a helmet on the registration form.
Convertibles lacking rollover protection are not permitted in ACNA High Performance Driving Schools (HPDE, lapping, or any events held “at speed”). Vehicles with removable hardtops or retractable hardtops lacking a rollover protection system are also not permitted at high-speed events. Convertibles with factory-installed rollover protection (either fixed or deployable) meet the ACNA minimum requirement for high-speed events and are acceptable, subject to approval by chapter leadership and event staff. We strongly recommend driving with the soft-top up or the hard top installed; otherwise, SFI and/or FIA approved arm restraint system(s)must be used.
High Center of Gravity Vehicles:
High center of gravity vehicles (truck, van, SUV-Sport Utility Vehicle, CUV-Crossover Utility Vehicle, SAV-Sport Activity Vehicle) are not permitted in Audi Club Driving School events held “at speed” (DE-Driver Education, HPDE, instructed or non-instructed lapping, track days). Area 27's policy is more expansive, so all high center of gravity vehicles AND those listed in the ACNA Vehicle Participation Exception List found in the ACNA Driving School and Event Guidelines document are excluded from this Event.
Safety Inspection Policy:
For every event, ACNW requires two (2) signatures on your Vehicle Safety Inspection Checklist form. View this form here.
- The signature at the bottom is yours. It is your car, and we need you to take responsibility for its safe condition and operation.
- It is ACNW’s expectation that your car will be inspected per the areas of emphasis on the Vehicle Safety Inspection Checklist form, by someone in addition to you. This should be a dealer, a local automotive shop, or any other person you believe has the technical knowledge and experience to thoroughly inspect your car for safety. Ultimately, it is your responsibility to confirm that your car is safe to operate at the event, and ACNW strongly encourages you to be honest about your own mechanical abilities/knowledge. Should you feel capable and confident in inspecting your own vehicle, it is permissible for the second “Inspected by” signature to be your own.
- View the entire Safety Inspection Policy and Procedure here.
Please bring a signed paper copy of your Safety Inspection Checklist to registration to hand in on the morning of the event.
- Cancellations received prior to the end of day 8/7/2023 will be 100% refunded.
- No refunds or credits will be given if cancelled after the time stated above or if you do not attend the event.
- It is the attendee’s responsibility to prepare and bring a vehicle that is safe for the event and meets the club’s safety and technical requirements. There will be no refunds for mechanical failure.
- No refunds will be issued due to halting an event for any reason - rain, incident, etc.