About this event
Powered by The Great Plains, Iowa, Rocky Mountain, St. Louis and Heartland (formerly Kansas City) chapters of the BMW Car Club of America
Time Trials is back! Requires solo driving history. All time trial registrations are subject to approval by the Time Trial steward.
Transponder required, rental units available during registration.
COMPLEMENTARY Saturday Night BBQ Dinner for all participants and volunteers by the Iowa chapter's own chef Don Van Lengen, followed by the famous straight-line autocross runs on the NHRA drag strip at Heartland Park
Speed Secrets Bonus
- Ross Bentley from Speed Secrets is one of the top driver coaches in the world, and he's supported our event for years. All FOC registered participants and instructors will receive a coupon code for 50% off to sign up for Ross' Speed Secrets Weekly e-newsletter. With famous and not-so-famous guest contributors, along with Ross' weekly tips, advice, and stories, the reading is entertaining and educational.
- All registered FOC participants will also have access to the Virtual Track Walk and turn by turn webinar we recorded last year that will help you to learn the nuances of navigating the 2.5-mile course at Heartland Motorsports Park.
Default mode will be in-car instructing, with lead-follow instruction available as needed.
No previous experience necessary for HPDE participation. Must be 18 with valid driver's license. We will have Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced run groups. Run groups are scheduled to receive multiple track sessions per day.
Fee Schedule for High Performance Driving School (HPDE) and Time Trials. Openings will be filled as they are received, by registration date.
- $429 Saturday-Sunday HPDE: This includes 2-days of instruction and track sessions. This is a two-day school; one-day registrations by pre-approval only.
- $429 Saturday-Sunday Time Trials: For Group 1/Advanced-Solo students.
- $529 Friday-Saturday-Sunday HPDE: Group 1/Advanced-Solo students can participate in an extra day to improve their skills. Fee is for all three days.
- $529 Friday+Saturday-Sunday Time Trial: For Group 1/Advanced-Solo students. Get some practice in on Friday for Time Trials on Saturday and Sunday.
- $150 Instructor 3 day HPDE
- $275 Instructor Friday+Saturday-Sunday Time Trial: While the organizers will do their best to organize schedules so that instructors can run Time Trials, it can make for a very busy weekend.
Club Membership Required due to IRS regulations. Memberships are available during registration. BMW ownership NOT required. Associate members are welcome, as are guests of current members. Participation as a volunteer does not require membership. More information regarding membership is available at www.bmwcca.org/join.
- $60 Transponder Rental for Saturday-Sunday Time Trials
- $25 Drag Strip Runs
- $25 Event T-Shirt
- $150 Garage: These can be split amongst your friends. Garages are available on first-come, first-served basis and are limited in number. Once they are gone, that's it - they are gone!
- $58 Annual BMW CCA membership (required to participate)
The event schedule will be announced shortly. The high performance driving school and time trials will run Saturday and Sunday, with Friday available for pre-approved advanced students and instructors.
Please watch flatoutclassic.com for more information.
Our host hotel this year is the Super 8 at Forbes Landing.
A big thanks to this year's event sponsors. They help to keep the cost down for all of us so be sure to support them!
Bimmerworld • Hawk Brakes • Ross Bentley Speed Secrets • European Car Co of Wichita • Clearbra of Wichta & Ozark • Big Mission Automotive of Denver
BMW CCA driving schools are designed to teach drivers how to safely improve their driving abilities and explore their cars’ capabilities. Students, using their own cars, get one-on-one instruction from experienced instructors. Our overriding emphasis is on safety, and safely learning how to control the car in emergency and higher performance conditions. The school is conducted on a paved, closed, and controlled course to minimize risk to persons and equipment. HPDE instruction is not a racing school, practice or preparation for racing, and it is not a timed, competitive event or speed contest. Even though we try to minimize risk, there is an inherent risk of damage to your car and injury to yourself. Please be certain that you are willing to accept this risk before registering for the school.
Cancellation/Refund Policy - PLEASE NOTE:
The organizing clubs incur significant cost and risk when scheduling events. The club will be faced with many expenses even if participants cancel. As a result, we have instituted the following policy.
Cancellations completed prior to 05/14/22 COB (1800 CDT) will not incur a fee.
Any cancellation after COB on 05/14/22 will have a 20% fee (rounded up to nearest whole dollar amount) applied to all cancellations.
Starting 05/21/22, cancellations will have a 50% fee (rounded up to nearest whole dollar amount) applied to all cancellations.
Tech Inspection Required
- Make sure to get your tech inspection done before the Flat Out Classic weekend. Brake fluid flush within last 6 months required.
You must bring a Snell Foundation-rated M2015 or SA2015 (or newer) helmet. Students who do not have an approved helmet, or whose cars do not pass a track side safety check will not be allowed on the track and no refunds will be made. Loaner helmets are not available.
All drivers must be at least 18 years of age by the event date for HPDE and time trial events.
All driving participants must possess a full, valid, non-suspended, and current state driver’s license.
All participants, volunteers, and guests will be required to sign an insurance company form waiving their rights to sue. A copy of the waiver is in the information packet. If you would like to read a copy prior to submitting this application, you may request one by contacting the Driving School Registrar.
All makes and models of cars are welcome, provided they pass a pre-event safety inspection and a track side safety check.
Convertibles must have full roll bars, at least two five-point harnesses and must be approved in advance on a case-by-case basis.
If you have any medical condition that requires consideration under the Americans With Disabilities Act, please indicate that on the registration form.
Each driver must register separately even if sharing a car. No more than two drivers per car. Shared cars may be required to run back-to-back track sessions
Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions. We want to make sure this is a great experience for you. Thank you.