38th Deutsche Marque Concours d’EleganceOccoquan Regional Park
About this event
Sunday, May 1st, 2022 (Rain date is Sunday, May 15th)
38th Deutsche Marque Concours d’Elegance
Occoquan Regional Park, 9751 Ox Road, Lorton, VA 22079
This year’s 38th Annual Deutsche Marque Concours d’Elegance is billed as the Potomac Porsche Club’s premier annual concours. Hosted along with the DC Region’s Mercedes Benz Club and BMW Club for its 38th year, this is a great time to view some of the area's nicest German automobiles. Bring your Porsche out to the show to compete for awards and to display. The all-day event is complete with car displays, food and merchandise vendors and followed by an awards reception.
Registration starts now and closes on April 20 at midnight.
REGISTRATION INCLUDES ONE "WINE AND CHEESE AWARDS RECEPTION" TICKET. Additional Wine and Cheese Awards Reception tickets are available at $15 each.
THERE IS NO CHARGE OR NEED TO REGISTER TO ATTEND THE CONCOURS AS A SPECTATOR.
The entry fee for the concours is $40 per judged car or $15 to display a car.
Potomac Porsche Club Concours Chairs Gary Sidell and Dr. John Klish have chosen a diverse and highly qualified group of judges. The judges, led by our head judge and former Concours Chair John Truban, will be scoring cars based on cleanliness of the exterior, interior, engine and trunk compartments, as well as on the owner’s history with the car and its overall impact. We do not score the undercarriage of the car. We have designed the car classes to allow for the widest range of Porsche automobiles to compete and be shown.
This year’s Deutsche Marque will be awarding Class Awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. We will also be awarding five Grand Awards, listed below. The Best of Marque Award will be given to the top scoring Porsche on the show field. This winner will then compete against the Mercedes Benz and BMW recipients for The Spirit of the Deutsche Marque Concours Award – the top honor.
You must pre-register as there will be no onsite registration.
The official website for the 38th Deutsche Marque Concours d’Elegance is:
- 8:30 AM - Field opens to show participants for placement onto the field.
- 9:00 AM - General admission begins.
- 10:00 AM - All cars whose owners wish them to be judged must be registered, and cars placed on the field. If you would like to be judged, PLEASE have your car on the field by 10:00 AM. We do our best to judge everyone consistently and fairly and can do this best if we have sufficient time. Thank you!
- 10:30 AM - Judging begins.
- 2:30 - 3:00 PM - After the judging is completed, scores are tallied, and winners determined, we will announce winners at the wine and cheese reception.
- 3:00 PM - Wine and Cheese Reception - Awards for all clubs will be presented at the Wine and Cheese Reception.
The Spirit of the Deutsche Marque Concours Award – chosen by the Porsche Club, BMW Club and Mercedes Club Chairmen from the three Best of Marque winners. Given to the top German Automobile that best exemplifies the spirit of the Deutsche Marque Concours.
- Best of Marque Award
- Chairman’s Award
- Most Significant Porsche Award
- Best Design Award
- People's Choice Award
- 356 (All Years)
- Early Air-cooled 911, 912 (1964-1976)
- Mid Air-cooled 911 (1977-89)
- Late Air-cooled 911 (1990-1998)
- Modern 911 (1999-2011)
- Current 911 (2012-current)
- 924, 944, 968, 928
- Modern Production (Cayenne, Macan, Panamera).
- Outlaw Class (For all Porsches that have been noticeably modified from original specifications)