About this event
NASCC presents the 3 Hour Ironman and 7 Hour Endurance Race
This event is subject to Alberta Government Orders and AHS Guidelines allowing Castrol Raceway to be open.
There will be no on-site registration and all entries will be online using MotorsportReg. Please familiarize yourself with all NASCC Covid-19 rules and guidelines as outlined in the NASCC Covid Action Plan.
Credit Cards will not be charged until a few days before the event.
- Team Entry is $700 for 7 hour race or $300 for 3 hour Ironman
- Teams entered in the 7 hour Endurance race will earn Endurance Race points.
- Teams entered in the 3 hour Ironman race will earn Ironman Race points.
- Race will be 7 hours or 3 hours which ever is selected and they will be run concurrently.
- Maximum of 2 hour driver stints with a minimum of 6 minute pit stops when fueling.
- There will be no extra charge for multiple drivers of the car. Maximum of 4 drivers per Team for 7 hour race and 3 drivers per Team for 3 hour race..
- If one of your drivers is a student from the License School your team qualifies for a $80 discount.
- Transponder rentals will be available for $30
- 2021 NASCC Endurance Racing Supplemental Regulations can be found at: http://nascc.ab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Endurance-Racing-2021-Supp-Regs-1.pdf
- Endurance Race Classes will be as the 2021 NASCC Endurance Racing Supplemental Regulations: E1, E2, and E3.
E1 = Fastest 33% of cars entered – Usual lap times of 1:30 to 1:34.0 at Castrol
E2 = Next fastest 33% of entered cars – Usual lap times of 1:34.01 to 1:37.0 at Castrol
E3 = Bottom 33% of entered cars – Usual lap times of 1:37.011 to 1:45 at Castrol
If you need help determining your Lap Time Classing at Castrol please contact us.
Tires will be open for the 3 Hour Endurance Race. There will be no more than 4 people allowed in each teams hot pits.
NASCC will be holding an Endurance Race Licensing School from 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm, May 15, 2021 at Castrol Raceway. Drivers must take this school to qualify for a WCMA Endurance Race License if you do not have an existing WCMA Race License. The School is classrom based training that will be held in the Eurasia Classoom at Castrol Raceway. The school will not have any on-track driving portion and just covers the basics to go Endurance Racing on May 16th, 2021. There may be a guided Track drive and orrientation.
Check the NASCC website for the latest schedule. www.nascc.ab.ca
Car & Driver Requirements:
Drivers must be familiar with all WCMA Technical and Sporting Regulations, see website http://www.wcma.ca/new/racing/racing-forms/
Drivers must be familiar with the NASCC Supplemental Regulations. See http://nascc.ab.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Endurance-Racing-2021-Supp-Regs-1.pdf
Minors (under 18) must have both parents sign a “minor waiver” in advance and bring to registration.
There will be no on-site registration and all entries will be online using MotorsportReg. Please familiarize yourself with all Covid-19 rules and guidelines before hand especially Technical inspection.
A driver who does not have a Amateur, Endurance or Ice Racing WCMA License can qualify for a single event Endurance License by attending the endurance racing orientation session on Firday or Saturday evening.
Race cars must be properly prepared, following WCMA 2021 Technical Regulations
Snell SA 2010 or newer helmets required, along with a HANS device or FIA approved equivalent
Race Suits, gloves, shoes must be of approved, fire retardant materials; suits must be SFI3-2A/3 worn with fire retardant underwear, or SFI3-2A/5, or FIA homologated multi-layer. No clothing should be made in whole or part of Nylon