About this event
Welcome to Trillium's Advanced Driving Schools for 2024 at CTMP's Grand Prix track.
- April 19-21
- June 21-23
- September 13-15
- October 25-27
On this site, you may purchase multiple events for a pre-season bulk discounted price. These packages are intended for Student (advanced, intermediate, novice) and pre-approved Solo registrations only. Instructors are to register on each individual event registration site.
Christmas and Novice First-timer discounts cannot be used on pre-season packages. They can only be used on individual event registrations.
- April: http://msreg.com/TrilliumCTMPDEApril2024
- June: http://msreg.com/TrilliumCTMPDEJune2024
- September: http://msreg.com/TrilliumCTMPDESeptember2024
- October: http://msreg.com/TrilliumCTMPDEOctober2024
NEW FOR 2024: We are offering additional options for pre-approved Solo, including Saturday-only and Sunday-only 1-day packages and Friday/Saturday 2-day packages.
Note that these packages are for pre-season purchase only, and are only available until March 31, 2024. After that date you will need to register for each event individually.
At each event, Saturday and Sunday will consist of on-track and classroom sessions for all levels of drivers, novice through advanced, as well as pre-approved solo. Friday lapping is only available to pre-approved Solo and Instructors. Friday lapping is also open to A-group students with extensive previous experience at CTMP, and have been previously signed-off at CTMP.
If you are an A student and wish to attend on Friday, please confirm eligibility by sending an email to email@example.com to get approval before registering. A-group students are also required to be registered for the Saturday/Sunday DE and will be assigned an instructor for Saturday/Sunday.
- To attend this event, you must be a regular or associate member of BMW CCA, with dues paid up, or a current member BMW Clubs Canada.
- You must be 18 years of age or older and have a full driver's license (not a provisional or learners permit), which is not suspended or revoked.
- If your track driving record does not appear in Driving Evals, you will need to send a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume must detail:
- Your current driver proficiency level (novice, intermediate, advanced, Solo, and SLIP Level if you have one)
- The make, model, year, and modifications to your car
- Driving/racing organizations and tracks you have experience with
- The total number of track days you have run over how many years
- The type of events (driving schools, club days, open lapping, race schools, time trials, etc.) that you have run.
- If you have been signed off to drive solo, but are not pre-approved A-Solo, Group S, etc., how long ago and approximately how many track days you have been signed off to solo
- The name and email address for two references (e.g., HPDE Chief Instructor, driving instructor/coach or licensed racer)
In addition, please note the following requirements, prerequisites and conditions:
- You must bring an approved and signed pre-event Technical Inspection Form. Your car must be inspected by a licensed mechanic according to all of the criteria on the club's technical inspection form. At the time of your inspection you must ensure your mechanic completes and signs the form. This inspection should be completed no earlier than 4 weeks before the driving school. A separate technical inspection is required for each and every driving school you attend. You must present the completed and signed form on the morning of the first day of the driving school. Without a completed and signed form, you will not be allowed out on the track.
- You must bring an approved and signed BMW CCA waiver
- PLEASE NOTE: CARS EQUIPPED WITH COLLISION AVOIDANCE BRAKING SYSTEMS AND/OR LANE DEPARTURE CORRECTIVE SYSTEMS: These systems must be turned off prior to entering the track for each track session.
- Open-top cars: Convertibles and cars with T-tops or Targa tops are allowed only if they have fixed roll-over protection AND pass the "broomstick" test. Pop-up roll-over protection is not permitted. Note that the BMW CCA broomstick test is different than the PCA test. All such vehicles must have arm restraints and are to be worn by both the driver and passenger. Hardtop convertibles with the top up and cars with T-tops and Targa tops installed will be treated as non-convertible. Please confirm compliance ahead of time by emailing email@example.com, providing a photograph of a side view of the vehicle with driver seated and with helmet on.
- BMW SAV’s are allowed only in the novice group.
- Hybrid / Electric vehicles: As a result of the specialized requirements for fighting battery fires, Li-ion battery powered vehicles (hybrid or full electric) are not allowed until the necessary support capabilities have been implemented.
- Vehicles not permitted include: Open-wheeled cars, trucks (including light trucks, i.e. pickups), vans (including minivans), non-BMW SUV/SAV’s, cross-overs, military vehicles, delivery vehicles, three-wheeled vehicles, motorcycles, etc. Basically, anything that isn't a coupe, gran coupe (i.e. sedan without a b-pillar), sedan, station/sport wagon, hatchback, or compact is prohibited.
*Please note Trillium Chapter reserves the right to restrict any vehicle from participation if we believe there is an unacceptable safety risk to either the driver and/or other participants.
- Helmets required: Helmets must meet the Snell SA2015 or SA2020 standard. A very limited number of loaner helmets are available at the track. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. Please note an 'M' helmet does not mean Motorsport. It means Motorcycle.
- Occupant safety: The driver and passenger seats and seat belts must be functionally equivalent. This means if your driver seat has a 5-point harness, your passenger seat must also have a 5-point harness.
- Apparel: Long pants and sleeved tops are mandatory on track, no tank tops, no open shoes. Synthetics are strongly discouraged (cotton or silk highly recommended).
- Passengers: Student drivers are NOT permitted to carry any passengers while on track, or during skid pad/autoslalom exercises, except for Trillium approved instructors. Instructors are the only drivers permitted to carry passengers in their cars, such as school students or guests.
- Refunds: Fees are fully refundable up to 15 days prior to the event. Please note the club is not responsible for currency fluctuations. There are no refunds for cancellations at 14 days or less.
- Driver substitutions: Not allowed.