About this event
2023 ST LOUIS SOLO DRIVER’S SCHOOL
The Solo leadership team is pleased to announce that the 2023 Solo Drivers School is scheduled for April 30, 2023 at Family Arena in St Charles, MO. The school is an introduction to the sport of autocross (Solo) with the all day driving school focusing on the basic skills involved in autocross. The school begins at approximately 7:30AM with registration and a brief drivers meeting. Students will spend the day receiving one-on-one instruction in autocross driving techniques from experienced autocross drivers from the St. Louis Region of the SCCA. At the discretion of the instructor, the student typically drives on their own during the latter part of the day. The school is expected to run through 4:00PM. Lunch will be provided. If drinks other than water are preferred participants should bring their own. With the exception of lightning, we will hold the school regardless of weather conditions so participants should be prepared for a variety of conditions to include rain gear/umbrella and sunscreen.
Attendance is limited to twenty-four students and may be further limited due to instructor availability. There will be a waitlist in the event we can accommodate more students. Preregistration is required; no walk-ups will be allowed to participate.
* Any driver with a valid driver’s license who has competed in less than a full autocross season (St. Louis Region SCCA and/or any other car club) may participate. More experienced drivers just looking for additional seat time or instruction may also participate. However, novice drivers will be given priority. This requirement may be waived at the discretion of the event organizers.
* Students must provide their own car. If you have a co-driver it is limited to two drivers per car.
* Helmets are required. The latest SCCA Solo helmet standards are available on the SCCA national "Solo Rules" page:
Helmet Certification Allowances. Loaner helmets will be available at the event.
* All students will be required to sign the standard SCCA insurance waiver or have an active SCCA Annual Waiver.
* Students under age 18 will be required to complete the SCCA Minor Waiver that requires signatures from BOTH parents/legal guardians in front of an adult SCCA official or notary public. Students will not be allowed to complete the school without a properly filled out SCCA Minor Waiver form. The form may be completed at the event but will still require BOTH parent's signature unless documentation confirming sole custody is presented.
* Registration for the school will also include registration for the next regular points event at no extra charge but non-SCCA members will be required to pay the weekend membership fee of $15 for that event.
Planning for this year’s school is being finalized; however, the entry fee will be $125.00. Non-SCCA members will be required to pay a $15 WEEKEND MEMBERSHIP FEE at the time of online registration. Contact the event chairman, Todd Benne, at TeamSolo@stlscca.org for more information.
Note: Once available slots are filled we will have a wait list in the event of cancelations. The school fills up quickly so early registration is recommended.