2023 RMVR Race Against Kids' CancerHigh Plains Raceway
About this event
The Race Against Kids’ Cancer (RAKC) is an exhilarating weekend of vintage car racing in partnership with our charity partner, The Morgan Adams Foundation. This is the 13th anniversary of this incredible event, and it promises to be another fantastic event for both racers and spectators alike! This year’s RAKC will honor and celebrate the 60th anniversary of Formula Vee racing with a special Veevergnügen festival (a spoof on VW’s Fahrvergnügen). All Formula Vees with a current logbook and annual tech are welcome and encouraged to join us! In addition to the featured formula vee group, the race weekend will include small and big bore production cars, open-wheel formula fords and fast formula/sports racer run groups.
In addition to fantastic racing, this special festival will include:
- A test and tune track day dedicated to RMVR and RAKC participants is available for Friday, July 28, 2023. You'll need to Sign up HERE with HPR for this extra day of track time.
- An opportunity to buy a “ticket to ride” on track at speed in a race, sports, or exotic car.
- An after-race party on Saturday evening with dinner available for purchase, live music, a silent auction, and fun rides around the track in the HPR bus!
- Event T-shirts to all entrants fundraising/donating $50 or more.
- Special prizes and awards for top racers and fundraisers, and much, much more!
Best of all, proceeds from the RAKC event benefit The Morgan Adams Foundation, a local non-profit that funds pediatric cancer research to develop new therapies and life-saving treatments for kids battling cancer.
This event is FREE to the public. It is RMVR’s biggest and most fun event of the year and you won’t want to miss it! Bring your car and your family/friends and join us for a wonderful weekend of racing on a highly technical and exciting track, while helping kids with cancer! Register Today!
NEW THIS YEAR there can be a CO-DRIVER for your car. You must already be registered for the two-day event for a CO-DRIVER to then register to drive your car. Your co-driver must log-in under their username and password and sign up using the Optional CO-DRIVER choice. (They should NOT sign up for the weekend entry.) Cost for them is $50. Current Membership required, as always.
ALSO NEW THIS YEAR an added Run Group dedicated to "Fast Formula & Sports Racer" cars: Our RMVR Regular Run Groups are: Small Bore Production cars, Mid-Big Bore Production cars, Formula Ford, Formula Vee. This year RMVR is inviting select Faster Formula and Sports Racer cars from other race organizations to come race with us! This added dedicated run group will be anchored by all our existing faster RMVR vintage Open-Wheel/Sports Racer cars (e.g. Air-cooled FSV, FB, SRs, F5000 etc.). Invited cars include all Post ’81 Formula Fords * SRs (Kent and Fit powered), FC/F2000 (Pinto powered), S2000 (Pinto powered), water-cooled FSV, Formula Mazda, and SCCA FX/FC/FE/FE2/ESR . These invited Formula or Sports Racers must have a current logbook and annual inspection from a VMC organization, SCCA, or NASA. When entering these invited Post '81 cars, please select "Post-'81 Formula & SRs" when prompted as the class.
ENTRY FEES: Your credit card isn’t charged until after the race weekend so SIGN UP HERE NOW for the Full Two-Day regular competition weekend!
- $385 - “Early Birds” registering before July 7, 2023
- $410 – registering between July 7, 2023 and July 19, 2023
- $485 - “Fence-Sitter’s” registering after July 19th
Online Registration closes July 25 at midnight. After this, call or e-mail RMVR Admin, Linae Schakel (email@example.com; 303-319-3062, to arrange late entry. Last minute phoned-in or at-event registrations are $560
Tech: Don't forget to get your Annual Tech done BEFORE you get to the track. Here's more info on the benefits to you of doing this and how/where to get it done.
Marshal & Volunteers: If you wish to work this event as a marshal or volunteer, please sign up HERE.
Saturday Dinner: There will be Saturday night dinners available for purchase when registering to race. If spectating, you can purchase dinner tickets on Saturday at the Morgan Adams tent in the paddock.
Donate to The Morgan Adams Foundation: You can donate to MAF when registering by adding your donation to your entry. If you aren’t entering the race, you can donate to MAF HERE.
Event Chair: Kirk Peterson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303-588-5794
Cars which DO NOT have an RMVR logbook: Drivers must hold a valid up-to-date medical exam AND a current Competition License. Cars must be prepared to conform to that organization’s preparation and safety rules. Entrants must present a self-inspection RMVR Event Tech Inspection Form at regsitration.
- Production Race cars without an RMVR or VMC logbook: Such cars are welcome. Please select "Exibition" as the car's class when entering.
- Invited Post-'81 Formula and Sports Racer cars: Includes post ’81 Formula Fords (Kent and Fit powered), FC/F2000 (Pinto powered), S2000 (Pinto powered), water-cooled FSV, Formula Mazda, and SCCA FX/FC/FE/FE2/ESR. The invited Formula or Sports Racers must be from a VMC organization, SCCA, or NASA. Please select "Post-'81 Formula & SRs" as the car's class when entering.
For CO-DRIVERs: If you are sharing a car with another driver for the weekend as a CO-Driver, the owner of the car must register first. The second driver can then register for the event using the "CO-DRIVER" entry option. You'll need to select the shared car/driver (who will have already entered). The second driver MUST also go thru registration Saturday morning and have a valid competition license and medical.
"Double-Driven" Cars: As always, will require each driver to make a regular weekend race entry, one for each particpant, each driving the car in their own Run Group.
Please double check the transponder number listed in the car's profile to be sure it is correct.
When entering you might be required to pay a membership fee in order to complete your registration. It will be good for the entire year. After Labor Day, that RMVR membership will be good for all of the following year.