About this event
PCA REDWOOD REGION AUTOCROSS #2
Sunday, September 17, 2023 @ Thunderhill Raceway Park
Worker Assignments: TBD
Course Map: 2023-09-17 - Thunderhill RR AX #2 - Driver.pdf
There will be a group non-hosted dinner on Saturday night where we can share stories of the day. You can add your name to the list on the SVR registration page
- Registration closes at midnight on Wednesday, September 132023-09-17 - Thunderhill RR AX #2 - Driver.pdf , 2023, or when a 65-registrant limit has been reached
- The price, to be paid through MotorsportReg.com is:
- $80.00 with a $10 discount extended to current PCA members and an additional $10 discount if driving a classified Porsche
- MSR will add a $2.00 service charge at checkout with this fee going to MSR directly
- If there is a second driver in the same car they must be registered separately and assigned a different car number
- This is an all-day event. Participants are required to take part in both Morning and Afternoon sessions
- NO walk-up registrations will be accepted. All drivers must register here prior to the closing of registration
- Spending the weekend? Search nearby Thunderhill Raceway hotels here
- Planning on camping at Thunderhill on Saturday night? Thunderhill charges $20 per person per night and you can sign up on Redwood's or SVR's registration page
- The location for this event is Thunderhill Raceway Park. Location details can be found here
- 7:00 am: Gates open
- 7:30 to 8:00 am: All participants must check in at the registration trailer
- 8:00 - 8:30 am: Cars tech inspected on grid
- Cars must be presented and ready for tech by no later than 8:15 am
- 8:30 am: Instructor-led course walk begins
- 8:45 am: Mandatory drivers meeting
- ~9:00 am: First car on course
- ~12:00 pm: Break for lunch (~30 min)
- We will have a morning session and an afternoon session. Depending on the size of the run groups and how efficiently we all work together between run groups we will strive to get 6-8 runs throughout the day if not more. Let's all work together and make things run efficiently and smoothly, so we can maximize our time.
- All times are estimated and may be adjusted at the discretion of the AX Chair.
What to bring:
- Water (the club does provide some water)
- Hat and sunscreen
- Folding chair
- Magnets or painter’s tape for car numbers. Bring a bright contrasting colored painter’s tape. (e.g., No blue tape for blue cars.) Please have car numbers LARGE enough to be visible by worker stations and the trailer
- Snell K, M or SA-rated helmets rated 2010 and newer. Loaner helmets are NOT available.
- All drivers must check in at the trailer and display assigned car number(s) before moving to grid
- All drivers MUST WORK at an assigned worker position. The majority of worker positions require standing for approximately one hour per shift. Dress appropriately for standing outside in the weather
- In-car instruction will be provided for new drivers
- No drones allowed
- No alcohol or drugs permitted
Questions? Contact Autocross Chairs:
- Please treat local businesses with care, caution and respect if you have a reason to visit them. The town of Willows is thankful for your business but understandably concerned about exposure.
- This event takes place at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, CA.
- Live timing during the event will be available on the Redwood live timing website
- More information on Redwood Autocross can be found on the PCA Redwood Autocross page
- More information on Zone 7 Autocross can be found on the PCA Zone 7 Autocross Website
- Information on Zone 7 rules and car classification can be found on the ZONE 7 website: PCA ZONE 7 RULES AND CAR CLASSIFICATION
Rules and classification are governed by PCA Zone 7. Classing your car is highly encouraged. Please see the rules on how to classify your car properly HERE.
If you do not have a car number officially assigned, we will assign one to you. Car number conflicts will be resolved at registration. If you did not receive the car number desired, contact Brant Ballantyne, Zone 7 AX Chair.
If you are not driving a Porsche or decide to not classify your car, place yourself in the FUN category.