About this event
Fast Line Track Day
Putnam Park Road Course
5251 S Country Rd 550 E
Greencastle , IN 46135
Group Description and Passing Rules.
- Novice Group is for experienced street riders looking to improve their skills and become safer riders. Passing is limited to straights only. Wait for a Wave-by to pass rider coaches. Make sure to leave 6ft of room when making passes.
- Intermediate Group 1 is for riders with some track experience who are looking for a moderate pace and, are familiar with the flags, pit in/out procedures. Passing limited to straights and on the outside in corners. Pass coaches on their left. No Wave-by necessary. Make sure to leave 6ft of room when making passes.
- Intermediate Group 2 is for experienced track riders comfortable with passing and being passed. Passing is allowed on straights, outside, and inside in corners. Pass coaches on their left. No Wave-by necessary. Make sure to leave 6ft of room when making passes.
- Advance Group is for track day veterans and licensed racers. The pace will be accelerated with safe passing allowed in every section of the track. Make sure to leave 6ft of room when making passes.
- Remember track days are not races. There is no reason to make a dangerous pass. All reports of dangerous riders will be taken very seriously. Do not “stuff” other riders into turns. If you are stuck behind a group of slower riders and are getting frustrated, please come into the hot pit lane and let the Marshall know you want some space. You will then be released back on to the track
- All bikes must pass technical inspection prior to admittance to the track. If your bike does not pass tech inspection, you will not receive a refund. It is your responsibility to have your bike prepared prior to riding on the race track.
- Tires and brakes must be in good condition. Tires should be at least 50%+ of new condition. Any tires that are bluing from excessive wear will be disallowed. We will have on-site tire service at most events, so if your tires don't pass, you may have the opportunity to put on replacement tires to pass tech. Please contact us to confirm tire service will be available at your event.
- All glass, headlight, turn signals, and plastic lenses must be taped over or removed. Side mirrors removed for all groups if possible.
- All center stands must be removed. We recommend removal or safety wire of kick stands, if not kickstand kill switch must be operational.
- All machines must have an operational handlebar mounted kill switch/button and self-closing throttle in good working condition.
- Advanced and Intermediate group riders must use water, water wetter, or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice. Automotive ethyl glycol based coolants are not allowed.
- All valve stems must have caps.
- Wheel balance weights must be well secured and duct taping is required.
- License plates must have bolts taped or be removed.
- Advanced and Intermediate riders only must safety wire oil drain plugs, oil filter, and oil fill caps. Novice riders will not be bumped to intermediate until bike is properly safety wired.** No K&N oil filters in all groups **
Rider Gear Requirements
- Damage free BSI,ECE-2205, DOT, or SNELL full-face helmet with face shield.
- Riding boots that fully cover the ankle.
- Gauntlet-style gloves with full wrist coverage.
- One or two piece leathers. Two piece leather suits must fully zip together for Novice, Intermediate, and Advanced groups.
- Advanced and Intermediate group riders are required to wear back protectors. Soft back pads sewn into suits do not meet the requirements.
Putnam Park Road Course
Mount Meridian, IN