About this event
PCA-GGR AX Test and Tune #1: Sunday, April 2, 2023 @ Salinas Airport sponsored by Porsche Redwood City
Driving instructions are not available at this event. Do not register if you have no or little autocrossing experience.
This test and tune event is a non-points paying event. This event will help you familiarize with the new venue and afford you the opportunity to finetune your car performace.
- Event Capacity - 80
- Registration opens on March 11th at 8:00 AM.
- Registration fee for this event is $50.
- Registration closes at midnight on Wednesday, March 29th or when limit of 80 participants is reached.
- Autocross site is located in a restricted area within the airport facility. Entry and exit to event site is limited to morning hours between 7:00 AM and 8:15 AM and then for one hour after conclusion of the event.
- This is an all day event.
- Sandwiches will be provided by the clubs for this event.
- Live timing during the event will available at the GGR live timing web site: PCA GGR Live Timing Website
- More information on GGR Autocross can be found at the official web site: PCA GGR Autocross Website
- More information on GGLC Autocross can be found at the official web site: Golden Gate Lotus Club
- 7:00 am: Gates Open
- 7:30 to 8:00am: All participants must check-in at the gate
- 7:30 - 8:15 am: Cars tech inspection in paddock
- 8:40 am: Mandatory Drivers meeting
- 9:00 am: First car on course
- Break for a lunch around noon time for approximately 30 minutes
- There will be two run sessions - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Cars will be run in two groups.
- All times are estimated and may be adjusted at the discretion of the AX Chair.
What to bring:
- Folding Chair
- Painter's tape or printed numbers for car numbers. Car numbers should be visible from a 75' distance.
- Sunscreen, hat, layers for cooler mornings and warm afternoons (NO RED Clothing)
- It is driver's responsibility to bring a safe car to the event. In preparation of the event please confirm your car meets PCA Autocross Safety Inspection Checklist
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED with a 2010 or newer Snell certification. Few loaner helmets are available to borrow during the event.
- All drivers must have their car inspected at inspection station before start of the event. Driver without car and helmet inspection stickers and withoutt car number displayed on both sides of the car will forfeit his/her run(s) until the issue is resolved.
- All drivers MUST WORK at an assigned worker position. Most worker positions require standing for over an hour per shift. Dress appropriately for working outdoors.
- No drones allowed
- No pets allowed
- No Alcohol, drugs or firearms permitted!!!
For any questions please contact GGR Autocross Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an all day event. Participants are required to take part in both Morning and Afternoon sessions.
Multi-driver cars (sharing a car with another driver) are allowed, but each driver must register separately. Only one driver/car combination is allowed in each run group during practice autocross.
ALL drivers MUST WORK at an assigned worker position during practice autocross.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED with a 2010 or newer Snell certification. Few loaner helmets are available.
Drivers are responsible for bringing a safe car to the event. Cars must be mechanically sound, in good running condition with no major leaks, and the interior must be empty of anything that could fly about during the event.
Drivers without pre-assigned GGR seasonal number are allowed to select a number from the available list, which becomes their seasonal number, pending verification of availability.
Car number, car class, run group and work assignment information will be listed two days prior to the event in the "Attendee List" section of this event.
Our events run rain or shine, including maintaining the work assignments. Refunds are not provided for inclement weather.
DRONES ARE PROHIBITED at PCA events. Violators will be reported to Law Enforcement.
No Guns (or Firearms), Alcohol or Drugs permitted. Violators will be reported to Law Enforcement.