2023 PCA-GGR Autocross #2 - Zone 7 eventCrows Landing
About this event
PCA-GGR AX #2: Sunday, March 26, 2023 @ NASA Crows Landing Airport sponsored by Porsche Redwood City
This is a Zone 7 autocross event. Information on Zone 7 autocross program can be found at https://zone7.pca.org/autocross
- Event Capacity - 80
- Registration opens on March 10th at 8:00 AM.
- Registration fee for this event is $100. A $15 discount is available for PCA members driving their Porsches to the event.
- Registration closes at midnight on Wednesday, March 22nd or when limit of 80 participants is reached.
- Cancellations by Wednesday, March 22nd will not be charged. Registration fees are non-refundable after this date.
- This is an all day event. Morning only or afternoon only participants are not allowed.
- Car sharing - drivers sharing a car will run in different run groups.
- Multiple passengers in a car - atleast one person needs to be an authorized GGR autocross instructor.
- Walk-in registration will be permitted ON-SITE at the day of event pending availability. Mobile device and MSR user account are required for on-site registration. Cash will not be accepted at the event.
- Live timing during the event will be available at the GGR live timing web site: PCA GGR Live Timing Website
- More information on GGR Autocross can be found at the official web site: PCA GGR Autocross Website
- GGR car classification information can be found at the GGR web site: PCA GGR Autocross Rules and Forms. Note: Michelin Sport Cup 2 series tires are considered as treadwear UTQG 180 rated tires in our classification system. Please classify your car accordingly if you are using these tires.
- Speedwaiver site location for this event (for visitors): https://pcaggrax.speedwaiver.com/oqwc
Schedule (tentative - subject to change):
- 7:00 am: Gates Open
- 7:30 to 8:00am: All participants must check-in at the gate
- 7:30 - 8:15 am: Cars tech inspection in paddock
- 8:40 am: Mandatory Drivers meeting
- 9:00 am: First car on course
- Break for a lunch around noon time for approximately 30 minutes
- There will be two run sessions - one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Cars will be run in two groups.
- All times are estimated and may be adjusted at the discretion of the AX Chair.
What to bring
- Chair and Umbrella
- Painter's tape or printed numbers for car numbers. Car numbers must be visible from a 75' distance.
- Sunscreen, hat, layers for cooler mornings and warm afternoons (NO RED Clothing)
- Note: Food choices are limited in the neighborhood. Club will provide lunch to all participants.
- It is driver's responsibility to bring a safe car to the event. In preparation of the event please confirm your car meets PCA Autocross Safety Inspection Checklist
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED with a 2010 or newer Snell certification. Few loaner helmets are available.
- All drivers must have their car inspected at inspection station before start of the event. Driver without car and helmet inspection stickers and withoutt car number displayed on both sides of the car will forfeit his/her run(s) until the issue is resolved.
- All drivers MUST WORK at an assigned worker position. Most worker positions require standing for over an hour per shift. Dress appropriately for working outdoors.
- In-car instructions require permission of Chief Instructor, except where the instructor is a member of the same household.
- No drones allowed
- No Guns (or Firearms), Alcohol or drugs permitted!!!
- For any questions please contact GGR Autocross Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
New non-PCA Drivers may request permission with Autocross Chair (email@example.com) to register to confirm autocrossing experience.
Refunds for erroneous registrations are at the discretion of the Autocross Chair.
This is an all day event. Participants are required to take part in both Morning and Afternoon sessions.
Multi-driver cars (sharing a car with another driver) are allowed, but each driver must register separately and be part of the same household. Only one driver/car combination is allowed in each run group.
ALL drivers MUST WORK at an assigned worker position.
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED with a 2010 or newer Snell certification. Few loaner helmets are available.
Drivers are responsible for bringing a safe car to the event. Cars must be mechanically sound, in good running condition with no major leaks, and the interior must be empty of anything that could fly about during the event.
Drivers without pre-assigned GGR seasonal number are allowed to select a number from the available list, which becomes their seasonal number, pending verification of availability.
Car number, car class, run group and work assignment information will be listed one day prior to the event in the "Attendee List" section of this event.
Our events run rain or shine, including maintaining the work assignments. Refunds are not provided for inclement weather.
DRONES ARE PROHIBITED at PCA events.
No Guns (or Firearms), Alcohol or Drugs permitted. Violators will be reported to Law Enforcement.