About this event
*Please note: This drive is open to current BMW CCA members ONLY & will have a limit of 45 cars.
We are excited to announce that our famous driving tours are back again! The 2023 Long Beach Coast Drive!
This drive starts at the Krispy Kreme in Beaverton. We head out in groups up Skyline drive and down past Pumpkin Ridge. First stop is the old logging town of Vernonia. After that we will follow the hills and valleys to the Elk reserve just past Jewell. Last leg takes us through Astoria and over the fantastic bridge to Washington. We will finish will be Long beach Washington. Total drive time is about 3 Hours. We need to be on the road early to get there by lunch time.
Have lunch and shop in town or go to the beach. (We enjoy Lost Roo) After lunch explore the North Head Lighthouse and the Cape Disappointment Lighthouse. Bring a Kite the wind is great here. Back in Astoria we like to climb the Astoria column. Incredible panoramic views of the Columbia and coast. ($5.00 fee per year to visit.) They sell balsa wood planes to fly off the top of the column Cheap fun for the whole family at $1.00 each.
Arrive no earlier than 8:00 AM. We will have a mandatory Drivers’ Meeting at 8:30 AM to explain the route and safety rules. We will head out shortly thereafter.
If you have a minor with you, we will need an in person signature/wet ink signature on the waiver, please make sure to find us.
- All *drivers* MUST be pre-registered online (by Aug. 11th) and be a current BMW CCA member. No "Day Of" registration is allowed. And no "guest" drivers are allowed.
- You do not need a separate registration for any passengers in your vehicle BUT all drivers AND passengers need to sign the online waiver prior to the event. (see #4)
- Registration is limited to 45 cars.
- ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS MUST SIGN THE WAIVER PRIOR TO THE EVENT. WHICH IS SEPERATE FROM THE REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT. THERE IS A LINK TO IT AFTER YOU FINISH REGISTERING FOR THE DRIVE.
- Drivers and passengers should stay with their cars until check-in is complete.
- Drivers meeting is mandatory.
- You do not need a separate registration for any passengers in your vehicle BUT all drivers AND passengers need to sign the separate online waiver prior to the event.
- ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS MUST SIGN THE ELECTRONIC WAIVER PRIOR TO THE EVENT. WHICH IS SEPARATE FROM THE REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT. THERE IS A LINK TO IT AFTER YOU COMPLETE THIS REGISTRATION, AS WELL AS IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL. If you do NOT get a confirmation email, you are NOT registered for the Drive.
How the Electronic SpeedWaiver works:
It all happens on the participants’ personal cell phones. No physical contact is required.
Request an electronic waiver via text message, using the Electronic SpeedWaiver link.
Sign the waiver using your own smartphone. No sharing is required.
Show your digital credential at the event.