About this event
*Please note: This drive is open to current BMW CCA members ONLY & will have a limit of 45 cars.
We are excited to announce that our famous driving tours are back again! The Clackamas Ramble is a member favorite even when there is rain, hail and sun. This is a great tour to kick off our driving tour season. All your favorite parts will remain along with new areas not explored before.
From Carver Park, we will head for the Highlands of Oregon City where we will get our first taste of rolling twisty roads. From there we will explore foothills of the Cascades which are richly timbered and we will see many farms along the way. There are agricultural farms, animal farms and even Christmas tree farms to see. We will meet up with the Molalla River and follow it into the Recreation Area where we will take a 10 minute break at Three Bears Campground. Scenic pastoral views are the backdrop for the next curvy section. At Scotts Mills we will take a 10 minute break to rest in the park. Afterward we will head north where we will drive over Missouri Ridge, and down to Molalla. The fun continues in the hills of Fernwood. Then it’s just minutes to Springwater Road and the View Point Restaurant for conclusion of our Drive and an optional no-host lunch (note: attendees pay for their own food and beverages).
Note: The two bathroom breaks in the middle of the driving tour consist of vault toilets.
Arrive no earlier than 8:00AM. We will have a mandatory Drivers’ Meeting at 8:30 AM to explain the route and safety rules. We will head out shortly thereafter.
- All *drivers* MUST be pre-registered online (by April 7th) and be a current BMW CCA member. No "Day Of" registration is allowed. And no "guest" drivers are allowed.
- You do not need a separate registration for any passengers in your vehicle BUT all drivers AND passengers need to sign the online waiver prior to the event. (see #4)
- Registration is limited to 45 cars.
- ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS MUST SIGN THE WAIVER PRIOR TO THE EVENT. WHICH IS SEPERATE FROM THE REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT. THERE IS A LINK TO IT AFTER YOU FINISH REGISTERING FOR THE DRIVE.
- Drivers and passengers should stay with their cars until check-in is complete.
- Drivers meeting is mandatory.
- You do not need a separate registration for any passengers in your vehicle BUT all drivers AND passengers need to sign the separate online waiver prior to the event.
- ALL DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS MUST SIGN THE ELECTRONIC WAIVER PRIOR TO THE EVENT. WHICH IS SEPARATE FROM THE REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT. THERE IS A LINK TO IT AFTER YOU COMPLETE THIS REGISTRATION, AS WELL AS IN YOUR CONFIRMATION EMAIL. If you do NOT get a confirmation email, you are NOT registered for the Drive.
How the Electronic SpeedWaiver works:
It all happens on the participants’ personal cell phones. No physical contact is required.
Request an electronic waiver via text message, using the Electronic SpeedWaiver link.
Sign the waiver using your own smartphone. No sharing is required.
Show your digital credential at the event.