About this event
WOSCA is pleased to host the 2023 CASC Ontario Regional Autoslalom Championship!
(Events #4 & #5 of the WOSCA Summer Series)
- The main runway and taxiway will be used for the course on Saturday, reversed with modifications on Sunday
- Pre-registration and pre-payment is MANDATORY and day of entries may not be allowed. Registration closes at 08:00 p.m. on Friday July 14 (for Saturday & Both Day entries) and 08:00 p.m. on Saturday July 15 (for Sunday only entries).
- All waivers will be through Speedwaiver and as such there are no more paper waivers. Crew, volunteers and spectators must sign online as well but do not need an MS Reg account. You can provide your guests the following link so they can sign: https://casconautoslalom.speedwaiver.com/
- Entry fees:
- $80 per single day and $140 for both days. Both days are scored cumulatively for the championship.
- Trophies will be awarded on Sunday afternoon.
- We use SCCA classing. The Canadian Autoslalom rulebook can be found at http://solosportcanada.ve1hul.ca/files/2023Appendix-A-SCCA-CAR-Index.pdf
- If you need help with classing or registration, please email the registrar.
- The events will NOT stop for lunch to ensure our daily target of 6 official runs per day. Please use the food truck or plan to bring your own lunch. There will be Kosheri Express on Saturday (Egyptian cuisine) and My Big Fat Food Truck on Sunday (American/Canadian cuisine) from lunch to dinner time.
- Portable toilets will be on site.
- Registration check-in will be in the paddock.
- There will be no official course walk after the drivers meeting. Get there early enough to do the walk. Wheeled transport is not allowed on the course (scooters/bikes/etc). You can use wheeled transport beside the course, just not between the cones.
7:00: Check-in Opens (receive Marshalling Assignments)
8:30: Check-in Closes/Driver's Meeting
9:00: Marshalls to Positions/Competitors Line Up
9:30: First Car on Course
Green - course area (may not be all used)
Yellow - grid
Red - paddock
Black - camping
- The course will be set up Friday night but competitor check-in will not be open on Friday night. On-site camping check in will be open Friday night at 5pm. Cost will be $5/person/night. RV drop-off arrivals must stop at the front office for directions at the right side after the gate.
- The Airfield is a functioning airport and is NOT closed Friday evening. As a result, it is imperative that you DO NOT drive on the air strips at this time.
- As per Federal Ministry of Transport requirements, no drones will be allowed.
- We are restricted to very specific areas of the airport. If you are caught outside of the permitted area, you will be asked to leave by WOSCA or Centralia.
- No taking photos of aircraft on the property
- No pets are allowed
- High-visability vests are required for marshalling duty. Please bring one with you. Limited quantities may be available for $5 each
- Supplementary regulations for this event will be posted shortly.
- FIA 8860-2010 (not valid after 31.12.2023)
- FIA 8859-2015
- FIA 8860-2018 and ABP
- Snell 2020 SA, or 2020 M
- Snell 2015 SA, or 2015 M
- Snell 2010 SA, 2010 SAH, or 2010 M (not valid after 31.12.2023
- SFI Foundation 31.1/2015
- SFI Foundation 31.1/2010 (not valid after 31.12.2023)
- ECE R22.05 (expiry: ten years after date of manufacture as noted on unaltered, helmet label)
- Helmets homologated to Snell M, ECE 22.05, and ECE R22.05 standard are not acceptable for use in vehicles equipped with roll cages.
- Helmets may be either open faced or closed face. They must be in good condition both inside and outside and never subjected to a crash or other severe impact.
- All vehicles must display numbers and class letters on both sides, which must be readable by Timing & Scoring, Course, and Grid workers at all times.
- Only one set of numbers and class letters may be visible while the vehicle is running.
- Each digit making up the number must be a minimum 15 cm high and 2.5 cm wide throughout, tape or shoe polish in an contrasting colour is acceptable.
- Example of a properly identified vehicle
Directions To Centralia Airport: