About this event
PCA REDWOOD REGION AUTOCROSS #1
Sunday, May 15, 2022 @ Thunderhill Raceway Park
***Note: THIS ZONE EVENT IS PART OF A 2-DAY EVENT, co-hosted by Sacramento Valley Region. Register separately through SVR for Saturday 5/14
Max attendance is 65 drivers. Subsequent registrations will be put on the waitlist.
- Registration closes at midnight on Wednesday, May 11, 2022, or when limit has been reached
- The price, to be paid through MotorsportReg.com will be discounted to
- $75.00 with a $10 discount extended to current PCA members and an additional $10 discount if driving a Porsche.
- If there is a second driver in the same car they must be registered separately and assigned a different car number.
- NO walk-up registrations will be accepted. All drivers must register here prior to the closing of registration
- Spending the weekend? Search nearby Thunderhill Raceway hotels here.
- If you plan to Camp or RV at Thunderhill on Saturday night - there will be a $20 charge per person per night, payable through MSR
- The location for this event is Thunderhill Raceway Park. Location details can be found here.
Registration opens on April 21 at 12 pm.
- 7:00 am: Gates open
- 7:15 to 7:30 am: All participants must check-in at the registration trailer
- 7:30 - 8:00 am: Cars tech inspected on grid
- Cars must be presented and ready for tech by no later than 7:45 am
- 8:00 am: Instructor-led course walk begins
- 8:15 am: Mandatory drivers meeting
- ~8:30 am: First car on course
- ~12:00 pm: Break for lunch (~30 min)
- We will have a morning session and an afternoon session. Depending on the size of the run groups and how efficiently we all work together between run groups we will strive to get 6-8 runs throughout the day if not more. Let's all work together and make things run efficiently and smoothly, so we can maximize our time.
- All times are estimated and may be adjusted at the discretion of the AX Chairs.
What to bring:
- Water (the club does provide some water)
- Hat and sunscreen
- Folding chair
- Magnets or painter’s tape for car numbers. Bring a bright contrasting colored painter’s tape. (e.g., No blue tape for blue cars.) Please have car numbers LARGE enough to be visible by worker stations and the trailer
- Snell M or SA rated helmet. Helmets rated 2010 and newer. Loaner helmets are NOT available.
- All drivers must check in at the trailer and display assigned car number(s) before moving to grid.
- All drivers MUST WORK at an assigned worker position. The majority of worker positions require standing for approximately one hour per shift. Dress appropriately for standing outside in the weather.
- In-car instruction will be provided for new drivers
- No drones allowed
- No alcohol or drugs permitted!
Questions? Contact Autocross co-Chairs:
- Please treat local businesses with care, caution and respect if you have a reason to visit them. The town of Willows is thankful for your business but understandably concerned about exposure.
- This event takes place at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, CA.
- Live timing during the event will available on the Redwood live timing website
- More information on Redwood Autocross can be found on the PCA Redwood Autocross Website
- More information on Zone 7 Autocross can be found on the PCA Zone 7 Autocross Website
- Information on Zone 7 rules and car classification can be found on the ZONE 7 website: PCA ZONE 7 RULES AND CAR CLASSIFICATION
Note: The classification rules have changed in 2021. The new groups are As-Delivered, Optioned, Prepared and Unlimited. Please see the rules on how to classify your car properly HERE.
If you do not have a car number officially assigned, we will assign one to you. Car number conflicts will be resolved at registration. If you did not receive the car number desired, contact Brant Ballantyne, Zone 7 AX Chair.
Car classifications are for competitive purposes. If you are not running for zone class points or other competitive reasons, place yourself in the FUN category.