About this event
PCA-SVR is proud to present the 2022 Autocross School. Autocross is the perfect venue for learning what your car can really do, as well as developing your car control skills, in a very safe and controlled environment. If you have an interest in learning how to drive your Porsche at its limits, this event will provide you with a comprehensive classroom session followed by hands-on driving instruction that prepares drivers for participation in autocross events.
This is a two part/day event:
- Day1: (Sunday, 03/6/2022) Ground School held at Porsche Rocklin (MAP)
- Day2: (Saturday, 03/19/2022) AX School held at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, CA (approx 90mi north of Sacramento)
- Registration (closes at 11:00 pm on Feb. 26th, 2022. Registrations received after the capacity has been reached will be added to the wait list.
- Price for the Autocross School and the Autocross (both events) is
- $100 for PCA Members and
- $120 for Non-PCA Members.
- PCA members dirving Porsches will receive preference in registration. Non-member non-Porsche drivers will be put on a wait list until 10 days prior to the event.
Part 1: Ground School held at Porsche Rocklin
- Agenda: Classroom instruction covering car safety, tech inspection, driving techniques, what to expect at event and more ....
- 9:15 - 9:45 am: Arrive and check in
- 10:00 am - 12:00 pm: Instruction
- 12:00 pm - 12:30 pm: Lunch Break
- 12:30 pm -3:00 pm: Instruction
- Lunch will be provided
Part 2: Autocross Driving School held at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, CA.
- Prerequisite: *** Students must have attended Ground School to participate.
- Agenda: After check-in and tech inspection we will have four driving exercises: Braking, Slalom, Skid Pad, and Turn Exercise. You will be assigned to a group for these exercises. After a short break for lunch, each driver will run the course several times. All participants will be assigned a driving instructor for the day. More information will be provided as we get closer to the event.
- 7:00 am: Gate Opens
- 7:30 - 8:15 am: All participants MUST check-in at Registration Trailer
- 8:00 - 8:30 am: Cars tech inspected and Instructor-led walk
- 8:40 am: Mandatory Drivers meeting and group assignments
- 9:00 am: Grid cars to assigned exercise groups
- 12:00 pm: Break for lunch
- 12:30 pm: Timed Autocross
Drivers are required to bring their own lunches for the Thunderhill portion of the event. There is also a cafe on site to buy lunch.
What to bring:
- A Big Smile on your face
- Snell 2010 or newer rated helmet
- Lunch, extra snacks & drinks as applicable. (The club does provide bottled water)
- Folding Chair
- Painter's tape or printed numbers for car numbers
- Sunscreen, hat, layers for cooler mornings (No RED Clothing as this can be mistaken as a red flag)
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED with a 2010 or newer Snell certification. Only a limited number of loaner helmets will be available.
- No drones allowed
- No Alcohol or drugs permitted!!!
- For any questions please contact the Autocross Chair: John Leet at: email@example.com
Autocross is the perfect venue for learning what your car can really do, as well as developing your car control skills, in a very safe and controlled environment. But beyond the intellectual appeal of those reasons, the bottom line is, IT’S A BLAST! Prior to attending the class, you can familiarize yourself with the basics on the PCA Zone 7 autocross page.
When registering, you will be asked to select a car number. Pick your preference from unreserved numbers available.
For any questions please contact the AX Chair: John Leet at: firstname.lastname@example.org