2022 GFAFB Charity EventGrand Forks Air Force Base
About this event
Thanks for checking out the Badlands Region SCCA. On the weekend of August 6/7, 2022 we will be hosting a SCCA Solo / Autocross on Grand Forks Air Force Base, which is just West of Grand Forks, ND on HWY2. The event this year will benefit Pawsivity, see link Below. The full registration cost of every participant from this event will of the event will be donated.
Anyone who wished to access the base as either a participant and/or spectator/guest will need to be pre-vetted by the Air Force. Pre-vetting ends on July 28th. Information on being pre-vetted can be found on our Facebook Page. If you have your own access to the base(aka Military Credentials), you do not need to be vetted for base access.
To get pre-vetted for GFAFB Access - Please email the below to email@example.com:
- Full Name - (First, Middle, Last)
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- Drivers License # and State that it was issued from
- Last 4 of SSN
- If you are from Canada - We will need Passport #
For more information on the Badlands SCCA and this event, please locate our page on Facebook. There is an event page that will contain more information, and we will make a number of updates the week of the event on the public page.
Our Charity for this event will be:
A couple things to note:
- Please be onto the Air Base no later than 900am so you can check in and get your car tech'd, course walk, and be ready for the 10am Drivers Meeting.
- If you are new and have never been to an event before, please let the person at the van know when you check in. They can find someone to go over the basics with you before the event.
- All participants are required to have their own helmet that is snell rated(M or SA 2010 or newer). We do have a select number of loaner helmets available(with Drivers License as collateral).
- All cars must pass a tech inspection prior to the event, tech will close at 945am. We hope to do tech / registration / check in right where you access the site.
- If you are not a regular participant and are not sure where you car classes, you can look up in the SCCA rule book, or we will run a catch all class - NC for those who do not wish to class their car.
- If you need help classing your car, please email our club's email or make a post on the Facebook Page. One tip when looking in the SCCA Rulebook is using (CTRL + F, and searching your car model ex: Mustang, Miata, WRX)
- Trucks/SUVs are not allowed
- Unless they are an SCCA Member that has prior approval, minors are not allowed to drive or ride in cars on course.
Event Entry Fees:
$25/Day - SCCA Members
$25/Day + $20 for non SCCA Members. During registration you will have to pick which days you plan to attend, and the SCCA Weekend Membership Option.
If you have further questions or need help with classing please contact us at one of the below options:
•Badlands SCCA Facebook Page
Notice to Participants: In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures are being developed and will be put into place for events going forward.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, both on-track and off, and to make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home.
While on site please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.