About this event
Join us for the 2022 ALL-IN Classical at the Hallett Motor Racing Circuit
Proudly brought to you by the Lone Star Chapter BMW Car Club of America and Apex Driving Academy
Saturday, September 17th – Sunday, September 18th, 2022
Hallett Motor Racing Circuit is a 1.8 mile, 10 turn road racing course located in the rolling Osage Hills of Northeastern Oklahoma.
The Lone Star Chapter (LSC) of the BMW Car Club of America (CCA) aka LSC BMWCCA and Apex Driving Academy proudly present the 2022 ALL-IN at Hallett Motor Circuit. This Saturday and Sunday (Sept. 17th - 18th) event, will consist of a High Performance Driver Education (HPDE) School and Time Trials (TT)
The HPDE School will give you the opportunity to drive your own car at speed and to experience the potential of the unique combination of car and driver. It is safe, demanding and most importantly FUN! All students will alternate between classroom sessions and time on the track with an instructor. The individualized instruction is a key to this program that has been developed over decades and compares very favorably with commercial schools costing many times more. Our experienced instructors have come from racing, auto crossing and BMW CCA Instructor schools.
The TT will give the Advance Solo Students and Instructors, the opportunity to compete for best lap times, basic on your car classification. TT will run in a separate run group with transponders attached to each car for live lap timing by a BMW CCA Club Racing Timing Steward. Participants can either use their own transponders or rent one for the event from LSC BMWCCA. Cars are classified by Power to Weight ratio, with consideration for tire compounds and aerodynamic enhancements. There are seven (7) car classifications. Trophies will be awarded to each class winner and there will be an opportunity for contingency prizes.
Link to join BMWCCA: Join BMWCCA
All drivers and all makes of cars are welcome to register.
Convertibles and Retractable Hardtops: CONVERTIBLE DRIVERS, including Retractable Hardtops please pay particular attention to the convertible rules event requirements section! If you are found driving a convertible per the rules, you will be asked to go home, and no refund will be allowed.
Please reach out to event registrar through this motorsportreg.com system with any questions BEFORE registering in a convertible.
Cancellation Details: Cancellations must be done by emailing the registrar, Ben Qureshi @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellations received before the cancellation date (August 19th at 11:59 PM) will be charged $100.00 per driver - no exceptions and no matter how many days have been registered. Our event policy is that there are absolutely NO refunds for cancellations requested on or after August 20th.
HIGH PERFORMANCE DRIVER EDUCATION (HPDE)
- Registration for Novice or Intermediate Students will be $ 500.00
- Registration for Advanced Students will be $ 450.00
- Time Trial Advanced Students will be $550.00.
- Time Trial Instructors will be $100.00
- A refund of $50.00 for those who own their Transponders.
- Covered Garage Spaces are available directly thru the track contact : Jennifer Stephens 918-356-4814 or E-mail
Students are assigned to one of three run groups.
IDENTIFICATION OF THE RUN GROUPS
NOVICE/BEGINNER: Either no experience driving on a road course in a HPDE environment or typically less than 4 days participating in a credible HPDE school. To be promoted to the next level you must demonstrate competency skills to your instructor.
INTERMEDIATE: You have been previously promoted to the intermediate level while participating in a credible HPDE school. This will have to be verifiable by either documentation, or if there is no documentation, a check ride by a qualified instructor or the event Chief Driving Instructor (CDI) is required. To be promoted to the next level you must demonstrate competency skills to your instructor.
ADVANCED/Solo: Drivers are considered advanced level drivers that have considerably more experience than intermediate level drivers and have been driving solo in Advanced groups for several recent events. This will have to be verifiable by either documentation, or if there is no documentation, a check ride by a qualified instructor or the event CDI is required.
THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR SELECTION OF YOUR RUN GROUP
You will select the run group that you have your most recent documented and verifiable experience from your MotorsportReg.com profile. The event CDI reserves the right to review your driving history and reassign you to the appropriate run group.
Driving Experiences, like the M School - BMW Performance Center or Exotic Car Driving do not count towards your HPDE experience. These events are considered to be an introduction to HPDEs.
All students are assigned instructors. Instructors will be giving in-car instruction to Novice Students and Intermediate Students. No exceptions.
Instructors at their discretion can promote the student to the next class and/or qualify to solo driving.
Instructor qualification is subject to verification by our event Chief Driving Instructor (CDI), Doug Wirth.
- Time Trial Advanced Students will be $550.00.
- Time Trial Instructor add-on will be $50.00
- A refund of $50.00 for those who own their Transponders.
TT DRIVER QUALIFICATION
Time Trials (TT): Drivers are considered a level above Advanced/Solo drivers. You may have to drive the Pole Position at the start of the session and understand your responsibilities, be comfortable with passing with or without a point by on any part of the track. If you are not on the Pole Position, you must understand to position yourself within the starting lineup. You also must understand the basic strategies used in TT. Here are 4 great video links to understanding what TT is about.
During the first drivers meeting you maybe ask a question to validate that you have view these videos, be prepared. Hint the first video is important.
Entrance into TT will have to be verifiable by either documentation, or if there is no documentation, a check ride by a qualified instructor or CDI or Club Race Chair or Member of the LSC BMWCC TT Committee member is required. Members of the LSC BMWCC TT Committee are qualified Instructors and have been thru and passed the BMW CCA Club Racing Competition School. The aforementioned have the right review your driving history and reassign you to the appropriate HPDE run group. Instructors are automatically approved for entrance into TT after reading the material.
The Lone Star Chapter of the BMWCCA does have a TT rule set that is unique to the chapter and does supersede the BMWCCA TT Rules. These rules are being developed and will be made available before the event.
LSC BMWCCA TT CAR CLASSIFICATION
Information below will assist you in determining which sub-group your car is classified in. Detailed information can be found here:
(Note: Time Trial Calculator will download as an Excel file. Open file and "Enable Editing", then the form can be used to calculate your class)
TT Registration Process
During the registration process for TT you will input:
- Car manufacturer, model, and year.
- Car Number * (you pick your own).
- Your Time Trial Class, from the LSC BMW CCA Time Trial Classification Calculator.
- If you need a transponder.
- If you have a transponder, input the serial number.
Note About TT Car Numbers
* During the event your car numbers must be display on sides of car and back (trunk area) for Timing Scoring and flaggers to view. Side numbers must be at least 8 inches high and the number in the back of the car at least 3 inches high. You will also need to display your class near each number location, preferably under the number.
CONVERTIBLE DRIVERS - Please pay particular attention to the convertible rules below!
PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE DOCUMENT BEFORE YOU REGISTER - It contains valuable information about the school, registration, and the rules of the day. Forms mentioned in this text are immediately available via the links. You might want to print it for future reference
- Students must be 16 years of age or older with a valid driver's license - no exceptions.
- All PAYING drivers must be BMWCCA members with active/paid BMWCCA memberships or associate memberships in their name.
- Convertibles are define as either having a soft or folding hardtop or removable tops. If you show up with an convertible per the DRIVING EVENT MINIMUM STANDARDS COMPLIANCE ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURES (see link below) to the event, you will not be allow on the track and no refunds.
- Convertibles that have a full cage, not just a roll bar, such as a Spec Miata or a Spec Boxter are permitted. The key here is having a full cage which is found approved race cars. If you don't understand what a full cage is, chances are your convertiable does not meet the requirements.
- Lotus Elise and Corvettes with a targa roof are allowed.
- The specific reference can be found here under the DRIVING EVENT MINIMUM STANDARDS COMPLIANCE ENFORCEMENT PROCEDURES which begins on page 14 of the PDF file. Rollbar requirements start on page 16.
- If after reading these convertible requirements and you still have a question about your convertible's eligibility ask.
- Trucks, Pickups, Vans and SUVs including all BMW X SAV's are not permitted at this Driving School.
- ALL STUDENT VEHICLES MUST HAVE A SEAT FOR BOTH THE DRIVER AND THE PASSENGER WITH EQUAL RESTRAINS. We would strongly prefer that Instructor vehicles also have two equivalent seats so that you are able to take your students on-track for instructional ride(s). If a student/instructor car has a racing seat with a multi-point harness for the driver, the same should be present in the passenger seat.
- NO RIDERS other than registered instructors are permitted IN A STUDENT VEHICLE at-speed, even in the highest Advanced run group. Non-participant (visitors or guests) riders are only permitted on-track at-speed in instructor vehicles during BMWCCA events. Riders must be over 16 years of age, must have signed the waiver and have a wristband indicating they have done so, No passengers/riders are permitted in vehicle rear seats on-track at-speed at any time.
This is NOT a Racing School: Our Driving School mission is to improve your driving skills while having fun. Our goal is to teach you safe driving skills and habits in a controlled situation. We hope what you learn will benefit you in your normal day-to-day driving, especially when confronted with emergency situations. We will emphasize the relationship of the driver and vehicle, how to make them function in unison, and give you the opportunity to learn your limitations and expand your capabilities. Our Instructors have a lot of driving experience to mentor students. Only registered and approved instructors are permitted in student vehicles. Personal coaches are not permitted on-track with students.
Students are assigned to three different run groups - NOVICE, INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED. NOVICE and INTERMEDIATE run group students will each have an instructor for the weekend. Advanced students new to our events may start the weekend with an instructor/evaluator for a check ride. All run group assignments will be reviewed by the Chief Driving Instructor (CDI) and run group assignment adjustments may be made at his sole discretion. Please make sure your user profile is up-to-date with your current email address and phone number in case the CDI needs to reach out to you with questions.
Driving School Requirements: To maximize your track time and insure you get adequate instruction, the event is run on a tight schedule. Adherence to the schedule requires your cooperation and will allow us to get through the preliminaries quickly. Gates to the track will open at 6:30 AM, and registration begins at 6:45 AM. You must arrive in sufficient time to be unloaded, prepped and ready for the driver's meeting at 7:15 AM. You must stop at the gate to sign the waivers and check-in. All individuals entering the track property must sign the Release and Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk and Indemnity Agreement. You must read it carefully and understand what you are signing. We also recommend that you show and discuss the waiver with your spouse. Minors are allowed in the facility, but both parents or guardians must sign a Minor's Waiver Form on their behalf at the track. After signing the waivers, proceed immediately to
the paddock area and unload everything from your car, glove compartment, storage bins and trunk. Please remove floor mats, loose change, radar detectors and everything that is not firmly attached. A properly secured spare tire may remain in the car if you choose. Be sure to arrive with a full tank of fuel. Bring plenty of water (1 gallon per person) or other hydrating drinks. Water is best! Also bring a folding chair, hat, sunscreen, appropriate clothes (including long cotton pants for when driving) and protection from the wind and weather. Be ready to attend the mandatory Driver's Meeting at 7:15 AM. This is the most important meeting of the day!
Mandatory Vehicle Inspection Prior to Event A technical inspection is required of all cars, and must be completed prior to the school. This is to check the condition of your vehicle, especially the parts that will be critical for an event like this. Tech inspection forms must be downloaded from the forms page here. Most safety equipment will be checked: tires, brakes, brake fluid, battery hold-downs, seat belts and more. If there is any doubt about the condition of your equipment, have it replaced. New tires are not required or necessarily recommended. The inspection can be completed by your mechanic (expect a charge) and should be done about 20-30 days before the event in case any issues are found that must be resolved. DO NOT PUT THIS OFF! History has shown that many drivers who wait until the last few days to have their car inspected usually find a major issue that can't be resolved before the event - resulting in cancellations and forfeited registration fees. It is also strongly recommended that your vehicle have a new set of brake pads and rotors that are in good condition as this track is high speed and very demanding on brakes and brake systems. If you wait until the last few days before the event and find that your car will not pass the technical inspection and you can't get it corrected in time, you may be subject to a significant cancellation penalty or forfeiture of entry fees. Instructors may conduct their own technical inspections but must still turn in the form at check-in.
Helmets and Safety: Safety is our first priority. You should have your own driving helmet. You can use M-rated (motorcycle) or SA-rated (auto racing) helmets, but they must be certified SNELL 2015, SNELL 2015, or SNELL 2020 helmets only! If it is rated properly there will be a SNELL 2015, SNELL 2015, or SNELL 2020 sticker on the outside of the helmet, or on the inside (may be beneath or behind the padding). Be advised that many helmets have a DOT rating which will not be accepted unless it also has the SNELL 2015 (or newer) rating sticker on it. SNELL 2000, 2005 and 2010 rated helmets are no longer valid. Both students and instructors are required to wear approved (per the above) helmets while on the track. Cars, drivers and instructors judged to be operating in an unsafe manner will be removed from the track and no refunds will be given. No glass beverage containers are permitted at any time. No alcoholic beverages are permitted on the premises while cars are on the track. Students are not allowed to take passengers on the track at any time -- absolutely no exceptions. Only registered students and instructors are allowed to drive on the track.
Medical Information: Please complete the medical information form that will be kept on file for the on-site medical personnel in case of an emergency. Please fold the form in half, tape/staple and write your name on the outside for quick access. These forms are for emergency use only, and are shredded after the event. Separately from this form, you are required to inform us of any condition that might impair your ability to perform the tasks expected of a student in this school, impede your ability to communicate with your instructor, or that would impair your ability to exit the vehicle in case of an incident. If you are pregnant, we require the approval of your physician and that your spouse also sign a waiver.
Cancellation Details: Cancellations must be done by emailing the registrar, Ben Qureshi @ email@example.com. Cancellations received before the cancellation date (August 19th at 11:59 PM) will be charged $100.00 per driver - no exceptions and no matter how many days they have been registered. Our event policy is that there are absolutely NO refunds for cancellations requested on or after August 20th.
Waitlist: If you are one of the first on the waitlist, please have your car ready with a passing technical inspection and be ready to go. Assume you might get in! When an opening becomes available we will contact those on the waiting list in the order they registered.
Remember that it is your responsibility to:
- Have a technical inspection performed on your car
- Bring your completed Tech Inspection Form
- Bring your completed Medical Information Form
- Bring your helmet, lots of water, sunscreen, hat, full tank of gas, money for lunch
- Read the Schedule and be sure you arrive on time to prepare your car and attend the MANDATORY DRIVERS MEETING
BMWCCA announces ON-TRACK INSURANCE COVERAGE!
Are you insured on track? Now you can be! Good news for track rats: The BMW Car Club of America has announced a partnership with Lockton Risk Services to provide a high-performance driving event insurance program, delivering affordable insurance to the many BMWCCA enthusiasts involved in performance driving events. Click Here...
More information on what to expect at an HPDE (shamelessly borrowed from the Rocky Mountain BMWCCA Chapter)
- Read Mark Winey's article about his first driving school experience
- View David Jobush's 2007 driving school introduction video
Make sure that all of your contact information is correct within your MotorsportReg.com profile including:
- Your full name
- Your current and valid BMWCCA membership number is entered into your profile (will be verified with BMWCCA National).
- Your current home /mailing address (in case of cancellation/refund requests)
- Your phone number including cell/mobile number
- Your emergency contact information - name and phone number
- Your driving history showing driving school events you have completed. This is particularly important if you have not participated in any BMWCCA driving school events within the Texas region. This will help us gauge your experience so that we can ensure you meet the requirements, and to ensure you are registered in the correct student run group
For questions regarding the event, contact the Co-Event Coordinators, our Event Co-Chairs, Audrey Wiseman @ Audrey's E-mail or Steve Hodges @ Steve's E-mail or the Event Registrar registrar, Ben Qureshi @ firstname.lastname@example.org