About this event
RMVR Competition and Performance Driving Schools
CAUTION: If you take this School, you will become addicted to speed!
Seriously, the acclaimed RMVR Drivers' School is
The greatest racing value around. Period!
It will be held May 1-2, 2021 at Pikes Peak International Raceway in Fountain, Colorado. Be forewarned: Entries for this year's school will be limited to 80 students in order to ensure a quality experience. First come, first serve so don't hesitate to sign up early to be assured of being accepted and even better, get the Early Bird pricing!
- In addition to Sat./Sun. activities, there will be a classroom session on Friday evening from 5:30 to 7:00. Please plan on attending.
- We will have a skid pad available to all drivers on Friday afternoon from 1:00 till 4:30. There is no charge, and it is open to students and instructors.
- Also, note that the RMVR Registration Desk (to check in, sign waivers, etc.) will be at the bottom of the Stairs to the classroom building from 2:00-6:00 pm on Friday as well as Sat. morning. Really best to get signed in on Friday evening.
For answers to most common questions about the School, take a look at the Drivers' School Weekend FAQs. For even more detailed information on how the weekend works, check out the Drivers' School Student Manual. The information packets below contain even more valuable information, including how to proceed with this registration if help is needed. All this info can be downloaded and reviewed before you register.
When you do register, you will choose from one of three concurrent Schools:
- There are two different Competition Groups. Both are intended for those seeking a full Competition License with the goal of becoming a regular RMVR racer with a vintage eligible race car. You can chose between either of the two Competition Groups; One is for Open Wheel racecars and another is for Production based racecars. It's the same classroom curriculum for both, just separate run group track sessions. Here is the packet with much more detail: Competition School information packet
- The Performance School is more popularly known as a High Performance Driving Experience (HPDE). It.is intended for those who don't currently have a vintage eligible race car but wish to gain the skills, the confidence and the ability to better control their street cars, or who just want to release their inner Mario! Performance School students have their own run group track sessions, their own classroom sessions, and their own instructors. This packet will provide all the details: Performance (HPDE) School information packet
URGENT UPDATE! As of 4-8-2021 the Performance Driving (HPDE) School Entries is on a Wait List basis. ---- Registrations for our Performance Driving (HPDE) School have have exceeded our wildest expectations. Thus we have had to cap the entries and cannot commit to more Performance (HPDE) students at this time. However, if you register you will go on a Wait List. So, PLEASE go ahead and register to get in line for when cancellations happen. The good news is, there are always cancellations. When there is a cancellation, the first name on the Wait List will be immediately notified that a slot has opened up and you'll be confirmed for the HPDE school. It is unfortunate that we have to take this action. It was necessary to make sure that we give students the quality school which they deserve and for which we are known. Everyone that had signed up for the Performance School (HPDE) prior to 4/6/2021 is confirmed. Please call or email me if you have any questions or would like to know where your name is on the wait list. Thanks for your understanding. Lynn Fangue Chief Driving Instructor 303 263-7920 email@example.com.
Yet another update -- A new added feature for the weekend! A lapping day on Friday is now available and garages can be rented for the weekend. Both are purchased directly from PPIR. Here the link to purchase either or both. A great way for anyone to extend their track time for the weekend.
Entry Fees (To be charged to your credit card after the race weekend.):
"Performance (HPDE) School" - The Early Bird Entry is only $325. After April 1, 2021, the cost will be $350. Registration closes 4/23/2021.
- "Competition School" - The Early Bird Entry is only $450. After April 1, 2021, the cost will be $500. Registration closes 4/23/2021.
- All entrants become a full RMVR Member for the 2021 season at no additional cost.
Lynn Fangue, RMVR Chief Driving Instructor, and Brad Leach will be integral to the weekend. Daren Schauls will be the Event Chair. If you have questions, please feel free to contact any of them:
- Lynn or Brad at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Daren Schauls at email@example.com
RMVR uses MotorsportReg(MSR) for event entries. If you are unfamiliar MSR, here are instructions and hints. Basically, if you don't have an MSR account, you need to create one to be able to register for the School. If the Instructions don't help, please call RMVR's Administrator, Iris, 303-319-3062 for help.
If you wish to work this event as a marshal/volunteer, please do so HERE.
If you are an experienced RMVR driver with a Competition License and want to be Instructor for the weekend, please continue with registration and select the "Be An Instructor" option. There is no entry fee or cost to you for helping instruct. But we need you to register to assist us in assigning students..
Ready to have fun?
Hit "Continue" below to register for the time of your life!
RMVR requires a fuel cell for all cars entering the Competiion School. They are not required for the Performance School cars.
Cancellation Policy: Call 303-319-3062 for all cancellations. No charge for cancellations 10 days before the event. (None of your registration fees will be charged). For cancellations after that, a $50 cancellation fee will be charged. No refund for "No shows" (and we thank you for your donation).