About this event
PCA REDWOOD REGION AUTOCROSS #5
Sunday, November 21, 2021 @ Sonoma Raceway Paddock
**This event is especially for newcomers. No car classification required. No Zone 7 points accrue.**
*** Waivers ***
1.) You will be required to sign an electronic liability waiver from SpeedWaiver: https://pcaredwood.speedwaiver.com/vnpot
*** Course Map ***
Will be posted. Please print a copy as copies will not be available onsite.
Max attendance is 40 drivers. Subsequent registrations will be put on the waitlist.
Registration opens on November 11 at 5 pm.
Note: COVID-related procedures will be in effect to ensure the safety of all participants. Please review the guidelines HERE.
- Registration closes at midnight on Friday, November 19, 2021, or when limit has been reached
- The price, to be paid through MotorsportReg.com will be $50, but can be discounted to
- $30 with a $10 discount extended to current PCA members and an additional $10 discount if driving a Porsche.
- FIRST-TIME AUTOCROSSERS PAY ONLY $10 (TEN DOLLARS!) TO ATTEND. THIS EVENT IS ORIENTED TOWARDS YOU!
- If there is a second driver in the same car they must be registered separately and assigned a different car number.
- This is an all-day event. No morning -only or afternoon-only drivers permitted.
- NO walk-up registrations will be accepted. All drivers must register here prior to closing of registration
- The location for this event is Sonoma Raceway Paddock area. Location details can be found HERE.
- More information on autocross rules be found at the official web site: HERE
- 7:00 am: Gates open
- 8:00 to 8:45 am: All participants must check-in at the registration trailer
- 8:00 - 9:15 am: Cars tech inspected in paddock
- Cars must be presented and ready for tech by no later than 8:45am
- 9:15 - 9:30 am: Course walk
- 9:30 am: Mandatory drivers meeting
- 10:00 am: First car on course
- Break for lunch ~noon-ish (~30 min).
- We will have a morning session and an afternoon session. Depending on the size of the run groups and how efficiently we all work together between run groups we will strive to get a minimum of 8 runs throughout the day. Let's all work together and make things run efficiently and smoothly, so we can maximize our time.
- All times are estimated and may be adjusted at the discretion of the AX Chairs.
What to bring:
- Water (Sonoma Raceway does have drinking fountains and a cafeteria)
- Hat and sunscreen
- Folding chair
- Magnets or painter’s tape for car numbers. Bring a bright contrasting colored painter’s tape. (e.g., No blue tape for blue cars.) Please have car numbers LARGE enough to be visible by worker stations and the trailer
- Snell M or SA rated helmet. Helmets rated 2010 and newer are acceptable but 2010 helmets will not meet requirements in 2022. If you are considering purchasing a helmet, an SA2020 helmet is recommended, which will be good until 2031. Loaner helmets ARE available for this event but may need to be shared.
- All drivers must check-in at the trailer and display assigned car number(s) before moving to grid.
- All drivers will be assigned to a worker position. The majority of worker positions require standing for approximately one hour per shift. Dress appropriately for standing outside in the weather.
- In-car instruction is encouraged and allowed. COVID vaccination status must be disclosed if there are two individuals in one car. If there are two persons in one car, one must be an Instructor.
- There will be a guided course walk and instruction available to new drivers to ensure they are able to safely navigate the course.
- No drones allowed
- No alcohol or drugs permitted!
Questions? Contact Autocross co-Chairs:
- Unvaccinated participants must show proof of negative Covid test within the last 72 hours of the event. Masks/face coverings are REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES, COVERING NOSE AND MOUTH for unvaccinated participants.
- Only vaccinated participants can share a car.
- This event takes place at Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma, CA.
- More information on Redwood Autocross can be found at the official website: PCA Redwood Autocross Website
- This event is not a Zone-competitive event. Therefore, car classification is NOT required for this special AX. If desired, information on Zone 7 rules and car classification can be found at the ZONE 7 website: PCA ZONE 7 RULES AND CAR CLASSIFICATION
Cars will be teched prior to the drivers' meeting. Please remove all loose items from inside the car and trunk/frunk and apply your car numbers.