About this event
PCA REDWOOD REGION AUTOCROSS #4
Sunday, April 17, 2021 @ Thunderhill Raceway Park
***Note: THIS ZONE EVENT IS PART OF A 2-DAY EVENT, co-hosted by Sacramento Valley Region. Register separately through SVR for Saturday 10/16
***A dinner is planned for Saturday evening following the autocross. REGISTER FOR DINNER HERE
Max attendance is 65 drivers. Subsequent registrations will be put on the waitlist. Attendees must be fully vaccinated or show proof of negative Covid test within 48 hours.
**Course Map for Sunday is posted here**
Note: COVID-related procedures will be in effect to ensure the safety of all participants. Please review guidelines HERE.
- Registration closes at midnight on Wednesday, October 13, 2021 or when limit has been reached
- The price, to be paid through MotorsportReg.com will be discounted to
- $75.00 with a $10 discount extended to current PCA members and an additional $10 discount if driving a Porsche.
- If there is a second driver in the same car they must be registered separately and assigned a different car number.
- NO walk up registrations will be accepted. All drivers must register here prior to closing of registration
- If you plan to Camp or RV at Thunderhill - there will be a $20 charge per person per night, please register through SVR
- The location for this event is at Thunderhill Raceway Park. Location details can be found HERE.
- More information on PCA-RR Autocross and its venue can be found at the official web site: HERE
Registration opens on September 24, 2021 at 7 pm.
- 7:00 am: Gates open
- 7:15 to 7:30 am: All participants must check-in at the registration trailer
- 7:30 - 8:00 am: Cars tech inspected on grid
- Cars must be presented and ready for tech by no later than 7:45 am
- 8:00 am: Instructor-led course walk begins
- 8:15 am: Mandatory drivers meeting
- ~8:30 am: First car on course
- ~12:00 pm: Break for lunch (~30 min)
- We will have a morning session and an afternoon session. Depending on the size of the run groups and how efficiently we all work together between run groups we will strive to get 6-8 runs throughout the day if not more. Let's all work together and make things run efficiently and smoothly, so we can maximize our time.
- All times are estimated and may be adjusted at the discretion of the AX Chairs.
What to bring:
- Water (the club does provide some water)
- Hat and sunscreen
- Folding chair
- Magnets or painter’s tape for car numbers. Bring a bright contrasting colored painter’s tape. (e.g., No blue tape for blue cars.) Please have car numbers LARGE enough to be visible by worker stations and the trailer
- Snell M or SA rated helmet. Helmets rated 2010 and newer. Loaner helmets are NOT available.
- All drivers must check-in at the trailer and display assigned car number(s) before moving to grid. No exceptions, if driver fails to have their assigned numbers displayed upon staging run you will be pulled off and forfeit run(s) until numbers are resolved. If you have any questions regarding this policy during the event, please see an AX Chair.
- All drivers MUST WORK at an assigned worker position. The majority of worker positions require standing for approximately one hour per shift. Dress appropriately for standing outside in the weather.
- In-car instruction will be allowed if both participants have been fully vaccinated.
- No drones allowed
- No alcohol or drugs permitted!
Questions? Contact Autocross co-Chairs:
Drew Powers or Stacy O'Connell
Thunderhill Covid Requirements:
- NO SPECTATORS - drivers/riders and crew ONLY.
- NO ANIMALS
- Body count limit per track = 200
- The Thunderhill Grill is OPEN
- Anyone entering the park will be required to sign a communicable disease waiver in addition to the general liability waiver.
- Temperatures will be verified by a non-contact infrared thermometer upon entry to the park, and anyone who measures over 100.4°F will be not be admitted.
- Children are included in the body count and are not recommended. If children must be present, they will not be allowed to wander unsupervised. Keep them in your pit area.
- Please treat local businesses with care, caution and respect if you have a reason to visit them. The town of Willows is thankful for your business but understandably concerned about exposure.
- This event takes place at Thunderhill Raceway Park in Willows, CA.
- Live timing during the event will available on the Redwood live timing website
- More information on Redwood Autocross can be found at the official website: PCA Redwood Autocross Website
- More information on Zone 7 Autocross can be found at the official website: PCA Zone 7 Autocross Website
- Information on Zone 7 rules and car classification can be found at the ZONE 7 website: PCA ZONE 7 RULES AND CAR CLASSIFICATION
Note: The classification rules have completely changed in 2021. The new groups are As-Delivered, Optioned, Prepared and Unlimited. Please see the rules on how to classify your car properly HERE.
If you do not have a car number officially assigned, we will assign one to you. Car number conflicts will be resolved at registration. If you did not receive the car number desired, contact Grady Garter, Zone 7 AX Chair.
Car classifications are for competitive purposes. If you are not running for zone class points or other competitive reasons, place yourself in the FUN category.
For questions about classifying your car, please contact Drew Powers or Brant Ballantyne.
Spending the weekend? Search nearby Thunderhill Raceway hotels here.