About this event
Join us for a weekend of #funwithcars in the Parking Lot Too Tough To Tame!
Saturday: South Carolina Autocross 2020 Championship #4
Sunday: SEDiv Duelcross
If you have previously signed up for a 2020 Season Pass, you are automatically registered for the Saturday AutoX. If you want to DuelX too, click through to add it to your registration.
Duelcross is a unique event where you race actual people, not a clock. You and another driver are both on the track at the same time, but not wheel-to-wheel. One driver is halfway around from the other on a full-loop course, first one back to his own starting line wins the match.
You only have to beat that one other guy (or girl)… this time. Two judges decide the match. Both must agree without consultation. If they don’t, or they can’t decide, a rematch is automatic.
Win your match and you keep going through a double-elimination bracket – that means you have to lose twice before you’re out of the contest. There are also at least two practice runs in the morning, so everyone gets a minimum of four runs. If you keep winning, you get more runs as you advance through the brackets.
Brackets are set up in larger combined classes. You may see SS, AS, BS and FS all in one “Bigbore” bracket, for example. You enter your regular class. Pre-entry is required! Brackets are established in advance. Trophies will be determined by the number of entries but we will award at least three.
There is no clock (most of the time), there’s no 2-second pylon penalty. The pylon rule is the same as a regular autocross (standing, touching the box). If you hit a cone, the other competitor has to hit a cone in order for you to be back on even footing. The competitor with the fewest cones wins.
Two drivers can still share a car. Brackets are set up to separate them as much as possible. If codrivers end up paired in a match, that match is run on stopwatches. The first driver’s time is not announced until the second driver is on course. The fastest driver advances. Since there is no direct comparison between the drivers, cones will be added as a two second penalty.
Within the brackets, lanes and pairings are by a poker chip drawing. If there is enough difference between cars, there will be an offset start to help keep the pairing equal. The offsets are not negotiable. All pairings for the practice runs will be heads up.
|AutoX: Saturday, November 14, 2020|
|Registration||7:30 AM - 8:45 AM|
|Tech Inspection||7:30 AM - 9:00 AM|
|Course Open for Walking||8:00 AM - 9:00 AM|
|Novice Course Walks||8:30, 8:45, 9:00 AM|
|Driver's Meeting||9:30 AM|
|First Car Out||10:00 AM|
|Fun Runs (time permitting)||3:00 PM - 4:00 PM|
Duelcross Sunday, November 15:
Arrive early and plan on being there all day. The schedule is:
8 to 9 a.m. – Registration/tech/coursewalk
9 a.m. – driver’s meeting
9:30 a.m. to noon (approx.) – practice (grudge matches allowed)
Competition begins immediately after a short break
*Event Schedule is Subject to Change
|Saturday AutoX Only||$40.00|
|Sunday DuelX Only||$75.00|
|2 Days, AutoX + DuelX||$95.00|
|Non-SCCA Members Weekend Membership REQUIRED||$15.00|
NOTE: Join SCCA today as a South Carolina Region member (first-time members only) and we'll waive your Autocross entry fee! Go to SCCA.com and join now (if you're under age 25, be sure to select the discounted "First Gear" membership). Then, e-mail your membership confirmation to email@example.com. Register for the event without paying and we'll credit your event registration.
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY. Due to Covid-19 there will be no onsite registration, no sob stories, no exceptions. There won’t even be anyone in the van to whine to or bribe.
- When you register, MotorsportReg will be verifying your SCCA membership status against the National Office's member database. If you do not have a valid membership, you must select the "Weekend Membership" option before you will be allowed to complete your registration.
- Your First Name, Last Name, and Member Number in MotorsportReg must match what is on your SCCA Membership Card:
- If you are having trouble registering due to this new feature, or if you recently joined SCCA and your membership is still pending, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thanks for your patience as we implement this new process! This will make our on-site registrars even faster and more efficient, so we appreciate you working with us!
- This event is held under the current SCCA Solo Rules.Please refer to Appendix A of the Solo Rules to confirm you have the correct class for your car.
- Please review the SCR Supplemental Rules for IMPORTANT details on event procedures.
- All participants must sign an SCCA Release and Waiver form. Minors (under age 18) must have a Minor Waiver printed in color and signed by BOTH parents. Look for the form labeled "SCCA Minor Notary" or "SCCA Minor SCCA Official".
Sound Control and Event Conduct
- The sound limit for this event will be 99 dBA at 50 feet from the edge of the course. This limit will be strictly enforced. Cars with open exhausts that have not been checked for sound recently should consider coming prepared to make modifications (in many cases a downturn will help tremendously) in case you exceed the sound limit on your first run. We will not allow any car to continue if it has two consecutive readings over 99 dBA. See the SCR Solo Supplemental Rules for further details.
- Please note that even though our rules already prohibit any kind of reckless behavior, we need to be especially careful this weekend about burnouts, excessive acceleration or noise when leaving the site, and other things that will draw unwanted attention to ourselves. Thanks for understanding!
- For single driver, single class cars only one- or two-digit numbers will be allowed (0 - 99). If desired, drivers of the same car but in different classes (i.e., open and ladies) may use the same car number.
- Where there are two drivers in one car, in one class, then the second driver will be 100 plus the first driver's number (i.e., 99 and 199).