About this event
You are invited to Texas for ONTO Fall, an SCCA National GTA (games, tours and adventures) rally. This will be a course-following rally with the scoring questions designed to determine if you followed the correct course and/or applied the rules correctly. All “traps” are carefully looped so you do not get lost if you err. Our Rally Master, Liz Witt, adds: “I'm incapable of putting on a rally without the tricks reminiscent of the trap rallies I loved many years ago--Rustler's Run and Heart of Dixie and others I've long forgotten. So, there are plenty. And some nice roads. Would love to have you come. October in Texas is usually beautiful.”
The rally will start and end in McKinney, Texas on the northeast edge of the Dallas Metroplex and will traverse the paved back roads of Collin County.
The challenge of a Road Rally is to follow a prescribed course at legal speeds and to read signs and landmarks along the route to find answers to questions supplied by the organizers. It is not a contest of speed or racing.
- Registration and Starting Place: Spring Creek Barbeque, 1993 N Central Expy, McKinney, TX 75070. It’s on the NW corner of US75 and US 380.
- Registration: 8:00 am to 8:45 am on Rally Day
- Safety Briefing (everyone must attend): 9:05 am
- Cars leave the start: 9:30 am plus your car number
- Length: approx. 125 miles (~6 hours max before incurring penalty)
- Finish: Spring Creek Barbeque, 1993 N Central Expy, McKinney, TX 75070
- Rally type: GTA (fun run). A clipboard and pencil is all you need
- Route: paved roads in Collin County
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Four classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies).
- Rally entry fee: $30.00. $5 discount for SCCA Members. You must pay with registration here. $5.00 late fee if not preregistered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rally Master: Liz Witt.
Registrants will be emailed a draft of the rules shortly after pre-registering. The final version of the rally rules will be emailed at least one week before the event. We encourage entrants to pre-register as early as possible. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
ATTENTION: In preparation for this rally, consider attending a Rally School to be held on October 5th. ONTO Fall will have a number of course following problems, many based on the Main Road concept. We will cover Main Road rules in detail in the class. Check MotorsportReg.com for details.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the fourth event in the 2019 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a National Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 2019-RRNG-7786.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from email@example.com, or at registration.