About this event
ARPCA fall 2019 Driver Education (DE) event at Mid-Ohio
Saturday and Sunday Sep 7-8, 2019
Advanced Solo Lapping Day on Friday Sep 6, 2019
Are you new to track driving? Never driven with ARPCA? We have a long history of making everyone feel welcome! All ARPCA DE events are a great opportunity to drive your car on a fun and challenging track and enhance your driving skills.
There will be a Track Tour on Friday evening, starting at 5:25 pm led by one of our senior instructors. This is focused on track orientation for new drivers; everyone is welcome to attend. Contact Carol at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Advanced Solo Lapping Day
Advanced Solo Lapping is Friday. Instructors are not provided, therefore a demonstration of a high level of track driving experience and skill is required to qualify. Lapping day drivers are also required to register for the weekend DE.
Approved ARPCA Instructors are automatically accepted. If you have previously attended an ARPCA Lapping Day event at this track you will be accepted.
For all others, indicate your interest in attending lapping day when completing the registration form. Please make sure your logbook of experience in your member profile is up to date. We will use this to evaluate your ability to qualify. We may also ask for a recommendation from the Chief Instructor of your Region and will contact you by e-mail if we need your CI’s contact information. Lapping days are operated as open track days and we are very careful to only have qualified participants at these events. This precaution is done to insure the enjoyment but primarily the safety of those who will be sharing the track on Friday.
If you are not currently an approved instructor for ARPCA and would like to instruct for us at Mid-Ohio, please contact Dave Palmer at email@example.com.
Costs and Options
- Driver Registration: $425
- Instructor Registration: $100
- Lapping Day: $250
- Garage Rental: $100 (for 1 bay of the 2 bay garage which can fit two cars nose-to-tail)
Payment and Refunds
Our payment policy: We charge your card immediately upon registration.
You can cancel your registration through MSR and the Track team will process any credits in a few days.
Our Refund policy:
* Cancellation fee through July 31, 2019: $25
* Cancellation fee Aug 1, through Aug 17, 2019: $100
* No refunds after Aug 17, 2019
* No refunds for mechanical failure
* No refunds for failing tech inspection
* No refunds for weather
* No refund if track management closes the circuit.
Mid-Ohio is located near Lexington, OH, just off of I-71 between Cleveland and Columbus. Like Watkins Glen, it has a long history of hosting many of the major road-racing series races dating back to 1962. Although limited in total elevation change the track is known to be very technical and challenging and will put any drivers' car control skills to the test. This event will sell out so be sure to register early. We would hate to see you on the wait list and be disappointed!
Safety information for 2019!
Basic Safety and Tech Information
SPECIAL NOTE - head and neck restraint device is now required for all cars with
5 or 6 point harnesses installed
Please review the following as there have been changes made since last year!
HELMET – 2010 or 2015 SNELL rating REQUIRED with SNELL sticker attached. SNELL SA standard strongly recommended but SNELL M helmets are acceptable. DOT-rated helmets are not acceptable.
- If you have a SNELL 2005 or earlier helmet you will not be allowed to participate!
SEATBELTS – As a minimum the vehicle shall have OEM restraints. If you have chosen to install 5 or 6-point harnesses, be mindful that proper installation will require several changes to create a safe occupant system. Harnesses must include an anti-submarine strap and be mounted in an approved manner consistent with the harness manufacturer instructions. A seat designed for use with harnesses will have pass-throughs for the correct routing of the harness; both through the back and seat. Equal restraint systems are required for both driver and passenger. Harnesses will be checked for expiration date compliance. Any expired harness will be granted a “one-time pass” to participate in that event but vehicle will not be allowed to be used at subsequent ARPCA events without replacement.
- If you have a 5-pt or 6-pt harness, a "head and neck" restraint is now required!
- If you have anything other than OEM, 5-pt or 6-pt harness installed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- SEATING REQUIREMENTS – All participant vehicles must have TWO seats with equal restraints for driver and passenger. This applies to all run groups (including instructors).
- CONVERTIBLES – All “non-fixed-metal” roofed cars must have OEM rollover protection (e.g. 996 and later Cabriolets, Boxsters) or a proper roll bar that passes the “broomstick test”. Convertibles will run with the top up or occupants will wear arm restraints.
- AGE – Drivers must be at least 18 years old and possess a valid driver’s license.
- SHARING A CAR – Two drivers sharing a car must be registered in two different run groups.
- CAR SAFETY – The driver is responsible for proper preparation and operation of their vehicle. All registered drivers must print and bring ARPCA’s Vehicle Safety Inspection form (ARPCA Vehicle Safety Insp Form), which must be completed and signed by a third-party automotive repair/inspection facility no more than 30 days before the event. All non-instructor-driven vehicles will be required to pass tech inspection at the track. No refunds will be given for failure to pass tech inspection. You may remedy failed items and resubmit your vehicle for approval.
- INSTRUCTOR OPINIONS WITH REGARD TO SAFETY TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER STUDENT OPINIONS – The instructor assigned to the student will have final say regarding the operation of the car while on the track. This encompasses the student's driving and operation of the car and its’ OEM and/or other equipment. Be advised that the Chief Driving Instructor is likely to side with your instructor rather than you in matters involving a difference of opinion regarding the operation of the car on track.
- CARS NOT PERMITTED – All open-wheeled cars are prohibited. Cars with fenders attached to the suspension and not attached to the body of the car in at least two locations are prohibited.
Contact the ARPCA Safety/Tech chairman at Safety@ARPCA.com. with any questions about the suitability of a vehicle.
Tell us about your abilities:
In order to place you correctly, please make sure your driving resume is up to date in Motorsport Reg. A suggested format is below:
Please make sure your logbook of experience in your member profile is current. We use this information to evaluate your experience and track driving abilities to correctly place you into your proper run group.