About this event
CHILDREN’S BOOK RUN RALLY
A charity road rally benefiting the Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children
December 8, 2018
The challenge of a Road Rally is to follow a prescribed course at legal speeds and to read signs and landmarks along the route to find answers to questions supplied by the organizers. This is not a speed event, but a fun drive on all paved roads in North Texas. You will have some tasks to perform along the way, which will earn you points toward a trophy. The rally will start at the Pack Automotive Museum. While waiting to register, browse the hundreds of gorgeous old and/or significant cars in the Pack collection. This museum is not open to the public, so don't miss this opportunity.
We are not raising money for Scottish Rite, but collecting children's books for them in time for Christmas. Each person in the car should contribute two books, for any age child. Last year we collected over 200 books for them. This year, rather than turning the books in at the start, you will keep them in your car to give in-person to a representative of the hospital, who will meet you at a specified location on the rally route.
- Starting Place: Pack Automotive Museum, 2070 Diplomat Dr., Farmers Branch, TX 75234
- Registration: 9:30am to 10:30 am on Rally Day
- Novice meeting & Safety Briefing: 10:30 am
- Cars leave the start: 11:00 am plus your car number
- Length: 52 miles (~3 hours)
- Finish: Red Lobster just 4.5 miles from the start as the crow flies
- Rally type: GTA (fun run). A clipboard and pencil is all you need
- Route: paved roads North Texas
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Teams of three or more cars may form to compete for highest average score. Each car must run its rally independently, with no collaboration with other cars during the rally.
- Four classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies).
- Rally entry fee*: $30.00. $5 discount for SCCA Members. You must pay with registration here. $5.00 late fee if not preregistered.
- Rally Master: Sasha Lanz.
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules a few days before the event. We encourage entrants to pre-register at least a couple of days in advance, to allow time to review the rules. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue.” The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the fifth and final event in the 2018 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series. This rally is sanctioned as a Divisional Rally by SCCA, and is a part of the National SCCA RoadRally Championship. Sanction Number 2018-DG-41-05.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
* Beginning with the 2018 Children’s Book Run Rally, we are increasing the rally entry fee from $25 to $30 (SCCA members continue to receive a $5 discount). Through frugal use of resources and generous contributions of time and effort by our volunteers, we managed to maintain the same entry fee for around 15 years! However, we’re no longer able to cover the inevitable rising costs for printing, awards, gas, supplies and other items that go into designing and conducting a rally. We appreciate your understanding and hope you will continue to come out for what we think you would agree is a lot of fun for the money
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, or at registration.