2017 WMR "Original Unrestricted" Double RegionalGrattan Raceway
About this event
Western Michigan Region of the Sports Car Club of America
The 2017 "Original Unrestricted" Double Regional
(A Runoffs Qualifying Event)
to be held at
June 24 & 25, 2017
Come on out to Grattan Raceway for our "Original Unrestricted" Double Regional on 6/24 and 6/25! Once again this year we are offering our popular three race format (two regional races and a seven lap qualifying race for the second regional). Don't forget about Grattan’s famous track party on Saturday evening with Que It Up serving as our caterer.
Download a copy of the Entry Packet as it contains the entry form, the supps, the race groups, schedule and race officials.
Once again, WMR will employ an MSR feature called "deferred payment". This will allow folks to enter the event now and be billed later. As a result, we won't charge your credit cards until 6/17.
Sanction Numbers: 17-RQ-4830-S, 17-RQ-4831-S
· 2-mile, 12 turn road course with every type of challenge you could want
· Complete repaving finished in 2011
· Approximately 50 feet of elevation change
· Grattan's famous "Q-It-Up" dinner for workers, drivers and crew included with entry
· Express Check-in (registration and tech combined) for eligible cars/drivers
· Garages ($120) and paved paddock spaces ($20) available
· Friday test sessions available ($100 half day, $160 full day)
· Onsite camping for available ($15 for one night, $25 for two nights, $30 for three nights)
· Free camping for workers
· Only 180 miles from the IL / IN border on I-94
· Race Monitor live event timing for crew and spectators
· Blind Apex in-car T&S data for drivers
· “The TWR Jaguar team preferred Grattan to all other courses for testing their IMSA cars” na-motorsports.com
Questions: Please make all calls before 9pm ET.
· Contact Race Chair Dayle Frame (517.889.1117; firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any general questions.
· Contact Marilyn Russell (260.338.0134; email@example.com) if you have any registration related questions.
Entry Fees will be the same as last year.
$240 for one race, one car, one class
$350 for both races, one car, one class
$515 for both races, one car, two classes
Group 1 - FA, FB, FC, CFC, FE, FM, FS, ASR, P1, P2, S2000
Group 2 - ITA, ITB, EP, FP, HP, GTL, SPU, STU, STL
Group 3 - AS, GT1, GT2, GT3, GTA, ITR, ITE, SP, STO, T1, T2
Group 4 - F5, F6, FF, CFF, FV, FST
Group 5 - B-Spec, ITS, ITC, IT7, SM, SM5, SRF, SRF3, SR, T3, T4
Saturday: Each race group will get a 15 minute practice session, a 20 minute qualifying session and a 15 lap (or 30 minute) race.
Sunday: Each race group will get a 7 lap (or 20 minute) qualifying race and a 15 lap (or 30 minute) race.
All drivers must have a current SCCA membership and a current / valid regional competition license from SCCA or any of the organizations listed in GCR 3.1.5.C. Any driver who is in the process of renewal, or needs confirmation of such, must contact the Chief Registrar (Marilyn Russell; 260.338.0134; firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to 9p Thursday 6/23 for National Office verification. A $5 fee will be charged for this service.
After online registration ends at 11:59p on 6/17, entries can be made by contacting the Chief Registrar (Marilyn Russell; 260.338.0134; email@example.com) with a $50 late fee. Payment (entry and late fee) will be collected at the track. For courtesy’s sake, please make every effort to alert the registrar of your intent to enter the event. A $25 collection fee will be added to any check refused for any reason. All refunds will be mailed within 30 days of the event and will be by check.