2017 Spring Grand Prix
Rocky Mountain Vintage Racing-RMVR
Registration closed May 10, 2017 11:59 PM on May 10, 2017 11:59 PM MDT Registration ends May 10, 2017 11:59 PM on May 10, 2017 11:59 PM MDT Registration opens January 26, 2017 12:00 AM on January 26, 2017 12:00 AM MST Registration runs from January 26, 2017 12:00 AM to May 10, 2017 11:59 PM
It’s time to Spring forward into racing season again! RMVR is back at our home track for the annual Spring Grand Prix race at High Plains Raceway.
We’ve all said it: “I’ll work on my car…next weekend.” and then buried it under the car cover for six months. Well, that weekend has arrived. Time to throw off the cover and hit the track! Always a great opener for our series, it’s also a perfect chance to shake down and test your car to make sure it and you are ready to compete this season. Your fellow friends and racing family want you to join the in fun at High Plains Raceway. And don't forget to get your Annual Tech done BEFORE you get to the track. Here's more info on how and where to get that done.
Spring has sprung, so get your springs, gears, and motors revved up for a great start to the 2017 racing season! And what better way to start, than racing to celebrate Moms for the Mother’s Day Race! This year is shaping up to be a great racing season, and as always, RMVR is pleased to have so many great folks volunteering and some great racers showing their talents.
- As usual, Saturday & Sunday, Worker Rides during lunch break, an opportunity for RMVR racecars and Precision cars to do some lapping while providing rides for Corner Workers.
- The event this year will have a “Fun Race” at the last sessions on Saturday – “Age before Beauty!” Everyone will be grided according to age – the older you are, the better your grid position!
- After racing on Saturday, let the party begin! The best opportunity to meet fellow racers and drivers.
- And don’t "rush" off anywhere Saturday evening. We will be screening the great racing movie “Rush!”.
Run Groups This Weekend
- Group 1:- Formula Fords / Wings and Things / Sports Racers
- Group 2 - Small Bore Production Cars
- Group 3 - Formula Vee
- Group 4 - Mid and Big Bore Production Cars
Sunday May 14th, 2017
- 7:00 am- Chapel
- 8:00 am- Driver’s Meeting (if necessary)