About this event
June 10, 2016
The deferred payment option was turned off today. All registrations from this point forward will be charged at the time you enter the information.
June 3, 2016
ATTENTION ALL COMPETITORS - we are limited to 62 cars on track at any one time. Both Group 3 and Group 5 are almost at capacity. Check the entry list before you enter to make certain your class is not already full. We are sorry if the grid you wanted to enter is full...
VARAC is proud to be hosting our 37th Annual Vintage Racing Festival, entitled the 2016 CANADIAN HISTORIC GRAND PRIX
1st race class entry $595 (additional class entries available for a discount)
Optional Thursday test day $250
Optional Thursday orientation or instructed lapping sessions $295
$95 Late fee kicks in on June 1st!! Make sure we receive your payment before then.
This is the premier vintage racing event in Canada, including classes for Vintage (cars built before 1962), Historic (cars built before 1973), and Classic cars (cars built before 1996), as well as a Monoposto and Wings and Slicks.
We are very pleased to have two "guest" grids; The Toyo Tires F1600 Championship and the Formula Vee Spectacular (including the Millers Oils Formula 1200 Series and the Challenge Cup Series).
The event also includes the following special attractions:
- 2016 Grand Marshall, Canadian Champion Ludwig Heimrath
- "Flat 6 vs V8 : European Engineering vs North American Power" 30 minute feature race on Saturday open to all Flat 6 or V8 engined cars
- "VARAC Grand Prix" 30 minute grand finale race open to all vintage, historic and classic cars (under 2500 lbs)
- Legends of Motorsport panel discussion on Sunday - meet and mingle with legends of Canadian motorsports
- MG & Triumph Challenge;
- Simms Cup Trophy for MGs
- Group 44 Inc Trophy for Triumphs
- “Mini Meet North” all weekend – Canada’s largest Mini gathering
- Field of Dreams Car Show” on Sunday – welcoming hundreds of sports cars, classics and hot-rods, owners and car clubs from far and wide featuring Canada’s largest on-track parade open to car show participants and featuring discounted park admission for entrants.
- on track touring sessions available over the lunch hour on Saturday and Sunday
New for 2016:
- Friday night Paddock Tour for competitors, crew and track workers - a light dinner social event not to be missed
- Saturday's "Brats and Dogs" reception in the Canadian Tire Motorsports Park conference centre open to all competitors, crew and track workers - dinner(cash bar)
As always, free weekend camping courtesy Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
http://varac.ca/chgp/2016-chgp/ for more information.
Questions on the event? Contact Ted Michalos at CHGP@varac.ca or call 1-844-214-1892
- All Drivers must hold a valid competition license with CASC-OR, another organization under ASN Canada, a Vintage Motorsports Council club, or a recognized sanctioning body under FIA, etc. with a current medical date.
- Entrants that do not hold a Vintage Racing License or have not competed in a Vintage Event are required to participate in the Driver Orientation Program on Test Day June 16, 2016