2014 Tire Town SCR Autocross Championship #7Michelin Proving Grounds
About this event
Join us for Tire Town South Carolina Autocross Championship #7 at the incomparable Michelin Proving Grounds near Laurens, SC.
Anyone age 18 or older with a valid US drivers license is welcome to participate. Our apologies to our younger drivers. The age limit is a Michelin rule.
|Saturday, September 27|
|Course Open for Walking||7:30 AM - 9:00 AM|
|Registration||7:30 AM - 8:30 AM|
|Tech Inspection||7:30 AM - 8:45 AM|
|Novice Course Walks||8:30, 8:45, 9:00 AM|
|Driver's Meeting||9:15 AM|
|First Car Off||10:00 AM|
|Fun Runs||3:00 PM - 4:00 PM (time permitting)|
$50.00 (price includes SCCA Weekend Membership)
NOTE: There is a $5.00 additional fee for on-site payment, even if you have pre-registered.
NOTE: Join SCR-SCCA today (first-time members only) and we'll waive your entry fee! Go ahead and register without paying. Then go to SCCA.com and join now (if you're under age 25, be sure to select the discounted "First Gear" membership). E-mail your membership confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll credit your event registration.
Metal Contact Rule: This is the most pristine expanse of asphalt you will ever see. Michelin works very hard to keep it that way, and insists that we do the same. Therefore, there can be absolutely no metal touching a hard ground surface. Please bring wooden planks to stick under jacks, jack stands, scattered car parts, etc.
Good news! The Gamecock Chapter will be selling pizza on site. $2 per slice and $.50 for drinks. Cash only please.
- When you register, MotorsportReg will verify your SCCA membership status against the National Office's member database. If you do not have a valid membership, you must select the "Weekend Membership" option before you will be allowed to complete your registration.
Your First Name, Last Name, and Member Number in MotorsportReg must match what is on your SCCA Membership Card:
- You can check your MotorsportReg info by clicking the "My Account" tab, then "Edit Clubs" and editing the information under "SCCA - South Carolina Region - Solo"
- You can check your SCCA membership info (and edit how your name looks on your card) by logging on to ams.scca.com
- If you are having trouble registering, or if you recently joined SCCA and your membership is still pending, please contact email@example.com.
- This event is held under the 2014 SCCA Solo Rules (PDF). Please refer to Appendix A of the Solo Rules to confirm you have the correct class for your car.
- Please review the SCR Supplemental Rules for IMPORTANT details on event procedures.
- All participants must sign both a Michelin Release and Waiver and an SCCA Release and Waiver form. Minors (under age 18) must have a Minor Release and Waiver form signed by a parent in order to attend the event as a spectator. This may be printed IN COLOR and signed and notarized in advance. No one under the age of 18 is allowed to participate as a driver or a passenger.
Sound Control and Event Conduct
- The sound limit for this event will be 103 dBA at 50 feet from the edge of the course. Cars with open exhausts that have not been checked for sound recently should consider coming prepared to make modifications (in many cases a downturn will help tremendously) in case you exceed the sound limit on your first run. We will not allow any car to continue if it has two consecutive readings over 103 dBA. See the SCR Solo Supplemental Rules for further details.
- Please note that even though our rules already prohibit any kind of reckless behavior, we need to be especially careful this weekend about burnouts, excessive acceleration or noise when leaving the site, and other things that will draw unwanted attention to ourselves. Thanks for understanding!
- For single driver, single class cars only one- or two-digit numbers will be allowed (0 - 99). If desired, drivers of the same car but in different classes (i.e., open and ladies) may use the same car number.
- Where there are two drivers in one car, in one class, then the second driver will be 100 plus the first driver's number (i.e., 99 and 199).