About this event
The GGLC's 2012 classes are based on car model and tire compound. An indexing system applies to the Lotus classes to compensate for car variations. Use the GGLC class index finder at http://www.gglotus.org/ggautox/classify.html to calculate your class index points. If you want to compete for season points in a non-Lotus car you need to know your SCCA Solo-2 (autocross) class. Use http://moutons.org/sccasolo/index.shtml for reference.
First 5 morning runs count towards the point series for each GGLC club member. 1 second penalty per cone hit. Afternoon are timed fun runs.
This event takes place at Marina Airport, California.
Check the GGLC site for more information.
You can join Golden Gate Lotus Club as part of this event registration.
Our 2012 season is sponsored by Dietsch Werks
Note - Only participating GGLC members can register during first week of registration. During this first week if you can not proceed to registration (past this page) and you believe you're a club member in good standing (membership dues are paid) this means your club membership on this site is not confirmed. Send us email to clear this up.
You can follow this link to join Golden Gate Lotus Club. If you decide to join the club to be able to register for our events early remember you need to do this in advance because membership application processing takes time.
Club members are also given preference on the waitlist.
Note- You must be club member in good standing prior to event registration opening to be eligible for these privileges.
Event fee is $60 for club members and $70 for others and includes one lunch order.
After first week (reserved for existing club members) of registration any non-member can join the club by choosing GGLC($60) + Membership($25) options on sign-up form.
See you at the Autocross!
GGLC AUTOCROSS FORMAT
GGLC Autocross events will have a limited number of drivers to allow drivers to get a large number of runs. Drivers are broken into three run groups A, B, and C. The groups rotate between working, running, and resting. All drivers are required to work in both morning and afternoon sessions. We don't allow half-day sign-ups.
3 Run Group configuration
Session Run Work
#1 A B
#2 B C
#3 C A
#4 A B
#5 B C
#6 C A
WHAT IS NEEDED & RULES:
- Bring water, there's no water on-site.
- Sun-screen is a must if you're prone to burning. It gets windy, so bring a warm jacket.
- Helmets are required, DOT or better. A few loaner helmets will be available.
- All occupants (driver and passenger) must have a helmet and seat belt on while on course.
- Age limit is 18 to drive, 16 to ride, drivers must have valid driver's license.
- Speed limit within the AutoX site is a maximum of 15 MPH
- Only GGLC members can compete for points. Others should only register choosing fun/practice option provided.
- GGLC members running for points must properly fill out their car class information. Remember, we will score your points using indexed times based on this information. It is your responsiblity to enter correct information. When unsure please contact us for clarification. See below on details of indexed times calculation.
- Incorrect car classification may lead to artifically low indexed times which in turn will unjustly place you ahead of the others. If this happens and others protest event organizers will correct results once the truth is established.
- We use permanent number system throuout entire year race season and don't allow duplicate numbers. Acceptable numbers are given from the pool 1...999. Leading zeroes are ignored (i.e. 042 and 42 is the same number). Once the number is used it stays with that driver as long as you actively participate in our events (if you don't show up for over a year we may revoke the number and give it to some one else).
- If you want to use your own car numbers or want to change number please contact us to make sure your desired number is not taken already by some one else.
- Chuforia graffix is the official graphics provider for the GGLC. You can order numbers or any other car graphics at this link.
- If you don't have your own number answer "yes" to relevant question when registering.
- If you drive at the event you're required to honor your work assignment. Senior drivers (70+) are not required to work but may choose to do so if they wish.
- If you sign up for event you are required to honor your work assignment for entire day. If you have some kind of emergency situation please work this out with event chair so that your position can be covered.
- 7:00-8:00 Arrival & Set-up
- 8:00-8:40 Check-in, Tech inspection & Course Walk-Thru
- 8:40-9:00 Driver's Meeting (Mandatory)
- 9:00-12:00 Morning runs - Groups alternate Running and Working
- 12:00-12:45 Lunch
- 12:45-4:15 Afternoon runs - Group alternate Running and Working