About this event
This will be a points event for club members. Three timed runs, counting towards the point series for each GGLC or Club111 club member. With fun runs (timed) for the rest of the day. Non club members think of this as a fun/practice event . 1 second penalty per cone hit .
This GGLC Autocrosses will take place at the Great America, Centennial Parking Lot in Santa Clara California. The site is located at 4920 Centennial Blvd . in Santa Clara.
Check the GGLC site for more information.
You can join Golden Gate Lotus Club as part of this event registration.
Sponsored by Silicon Valley Autogroup- www.siliconvalleyautogroup.com/ They will be providing a nice carted BBQ lunch (Grilled Tri-Tip Beef, Chipotle Chicken, Garden Burgers) and all the fixings. Along with the award to the season winners
Note- Only participating (GGLC, Club111 ) members can register during first two week of registration (open to non-members 9/25). During the first two weeks if you can not proceed to registration (past this page) and you beleive you're a club member in good standing (membership dues are paid) this means your club membership on this site is not confirmed. Send us email to clear this up.
You can follow this link to join Golden Gate Lotus Club. If you decide to join the club to be able to register for our events early remember you need to do this in advance because membership application processing takes time.
Club members are also given preference on the waitlist.
Note- You must be club member in good standing prior to event registration opening to be eligible for these privileges.
See you at the Autocross!
GGLC AUTOCROSS FORMAT
GGLC Autocross events will have a limited number of drivers to allow drivers to get a large number of runs. Drivers are broken into four run groups A, B, C and D and the groups rotate between running, working and resting. All drivers are required to work.
Typical Run/Work Group Order:
- "A" runs, "C" works
- "B" runs, "D" works
- "C" runs, "A" works
- "D" runs, "B" works
WHAT IS NEEDED & RULES:
- Bring water, there's no water on-site.
- Sun-screen is a must if you're prone to burning. It gets windy, so bring a warm jacket.
- Helmets are required, DOT or better. A few loaner helmets will be available.
- All occupants (driver and passenger) must have a helmet and seat belt on while on course.
- Age limit is 18 to drive, 16 to ride, drivers must have valid driver's license.
- Speed limit within the AutoX site is a maximum of 15 MPH
- Only GGLC or Club111 members can compete for points. Others should only register choosing fun/practice option provided.
- GGLC or Club111 members running for points must properly fill out their car class and tire (PAX) information. Remember, we will score your points using indexed times based on this information. It is your responsiblity to enter correct information. When unsure please contact us for clarification. See below on details of indexed times calculation.
- Incorrect car class and tire (PAX) information may lead to artifically low indexed times which in turn will unjustly place you ahead of others. If this happens and others protest event organizers will correct results once the truth is established.
- We use permanent number system throuout entire year race season and don't allow duplicate numbers. Acceptable numbers are given from the pool 1...999. Leading zeroes are ignored (i.e. 042 and 42 is the same number). Once the number is used it stays with that driver.
- If you want to use your own car numbers or want to change number please contact us to make sure your desired number is not taken already by some one else.
- Chuforia graffix is the official graphics provider for the GGLC. You can order numbers or any other car graphics at this link.
- If you don't have your own number answer "yes" to relevant question when registering.
- If you drive at the event you're required to honor your work assignment.
- If you sign up for event you are required to honor your work assignment for entire day. If you have some kind of emergency situation please exercise common cortesy and work it out with event chair so that your position can be covered.
- 7:00-8:00 Arrival & Set-up
- 8:00-8:40 Check-in, Tech inspection & Course Walk-Thru
- 8:40-9:00 Driver's Meeting (Mandatory)
- 9:00-12:00 Morning runs - Groups alternate Running and Working
- 12:00-12:45 Lunch
- 12:45-4:15 Afternoon runs - Group alternate Running and Working
Members of GGLC or Club111 club can choose to compete for points in one of the 3 classes:
||Cars allowed||Class Index|
|Elise/R-Comp||Elise or Exige on Race-Compound tires (SLICKS, FULL-RACE, LIGHT-RACE)||0.856|
|Elise/Street||Elise or Exige on Street Tires||0.856|
|Open||Virtual class for all other car makes/models. Choose appropriate SCCA Solo-2 Class to make your indexed time come out right.||varies|
If you want to compete for season points in Open class you need to know your SCCA Solo-2 car class. Check out this page for reference.
TIRE and CAR indexing rules (PAX selector)
for those competing in our classes we will rank your indexed times. When you register please choose appropriate PAX depending on your tires and car (for Elise/Exige).
Indexed time (also called PAX time) is your raw (clocked) time multiplied by the Class Index and by Tire/Car Index.
|PAX selector||Examples||Tire/Car Index|
|SLICKS||competition only, no DOT rating, Yokohama Slicks||1.000|
|FULL-RACE||Hoosier A6, Kumho V710||0.983|
|LIGHT-RACE||Yokohama A048; Toyo RA1, R888; Kumho V700 or similar||0.972|
|Street Tires||Yokohama AD07, Falken RT-615 or any other street||0.950|
|Slicks (FI)||Elise or Exige with forced induction (Elise S, Exige S, Cup car, ForceFed) on slicks||1.013|
|FULL-RACE (FI)||Elise or Exige with forced induction (Elise S, Exige S, Cup car, ForceFed) on full race tires||0.995|
|LIGHT-RACE (FI)||Elise or Exige with forced induction (Elise S, Exige S, Cup car, ForceFed) on light race tires||0.984|
|STREET (FI)||Elise or Exige with forced induction (Elise S, Exige S, Cup car, ForceFed) on street tires||0962|