About this event
Winter Sprint Ironman
We’re excited to announce the winter sprint ironman format of racing here at GoPro Motorplex. We have built in make-up dates for severe weather conditions in the case of extreme temperature, rain, or snow. As always, no refunds will be issued. Come on out and race with us this Winter!
$85 per night, 20 seats available per night
All participants between the ages of 16 -18 must have their guardian print and sign the minor release and have it NOTARIZED! This must be brought to registration the day of the event.
Must be 16+ years old with a valid driver's license (Must show I.D.) to drive our rental karts. Learner's Permits are not accepted.
*While GoPro Motorplex strives to provide the best karting experience for our customers, mechanical issues may arise from time to time. GoPro Motorplex will make every effort to get racers back on track as soon as possible (in most cases the next available session).
- Two lap Qualifying, 10 lap race; (1) Forty minute race with two mandatory kart swaps
6:10PM Drivers Meeting
6:30PM Race 2 lap qual/10 lap race
7:15PM Race 40 min race/ 2 mandatory kart swaps
- Driver must weigh 190+ pounds on GoPro Motorplex scale -gear included (and ballast if necessary)
- Driver must weigh 220+ pounds on GoPro Motorplex scale -gear included (and ballast if necessary)
- The drivers meeting is mandatory and will start at 6:10 pm. Any driver not in attendance will start in the rear of the first race.
- Ballast: GoPro Motorplex lead sheets must be in the driver's seat only. Additional weight must be secured to the driver only.
Qualifying: is 2 laps and you will be disqualified if you stop on track for ‘clear track’. If you impede the other qualifying karts on track from their fast lap(s), you will start last.
- Starts: will be a double file rolling start at a consistent 10mph or less. There will be 2 cones down by T1 that all drivers must be on the outside of. Off pole must be even with the polesitter and everyone else must be nose to tail behind the leaders, not pushing the kart in front of you, but also not laying back. You cannot step out of line before the last cone. The leader starts the race once they are past the first cone, once the leader fires off, the green flag will be waved. If the leader does not fire before the 2nd cone, the flagger will wave the green to start the race. Lastly, if we do not wave the green flag, all competitors must remain slow and short cut the track at T3 AND start/finish for another attempt.
- The starting grid for the 40 minute race will be set from the finishing order of the 10 lap sprint race.
- The two mandatory kart swaps will need to take place between 35 minutes and 5 minutes remaining in the race.
- When commencing a kart swap, the driver must stop in the stop box designated on the grid. After completing the swap, the driver must be buckled in before leaving the swap lane. Failure to come to a complete stop or be buckled in will result in black flag stop & go penalty (includes making a kart swap that does not count as one of the two mandatory).
- 40lbs of lead weight in the seat is allowed
- The spirit and intent of sportsmanlike driving is to compete without touching or endangering the vehicles of fellow drivers. Inadvertent contact is a reality of racing. Maneuvers such as more than one direction change to defend a position (blocking), intentional crowding of karts beyond the racing edge of the track or any other dangerous change of direction is considered unsafe.
- Unsportsmanlike or unsafe driving will result in a penalty. All penalties will be either a black flag stop and go or a final position change.
- Concrete run-off is not considered part of the racing surface. Hitting barriers on the concrete may result in a black flag stop and go penalty (includes making a kart swap that does not count as one of the two mandatory).
- If you have an open black flag directed at you, you must come into pit lane for a stop and go penalty. You have 2 laps to adhere to the black flag. If you don’t adhere within 2 laps you will be removed from the entirety of the remaining night’s event.
- If you see a red flag, you must come to a safe, controlled stop wherever you are on track.
- If you see a blue flag with yellow stripe (passing flag), that is to warn you that faster karts are approaching and to give them the space they need to continue on.
- No passing in parts of track with local yellows.
- Top five finishers in both races will weigh in at end of the session.
- Bad behavior and/or foul language will not be tolerated and any person involved will be asked to leave the premises.