About this event
The Texas Region of the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) would like to cordially invite all fellow car enthusiasts to this charity rally benefiting Scottish Rite for Children, one of the nation’s leading pediatric orthopedic centers, and honoring Sasha Lanz, long-time former leader of our RoadRally program. All are welcome and no prior rally experience is necessary.
This road rally will follow a pre-determined route on scenic Collin County roads. You answer fun questions from signs you see along the way. We use puns and silly plays on words. While on your journey, you will also solve a murder mystery. A foul act has been committed. Your job is to figure out who did it, with what weapon and where. Patterned after the Clue Game, you will hunt down the culprit.
Each person in the car is asked to contribute two new books for the patients at Scottish Rite. They need books for all ages – 5 through 16 – including Look-and-Find books, board books, chapter books, Spanish-language books, etc. We will collect the books at registration/check-in.
If you’re new to road rally and/or still deciding whether to sign up, we plan to conduct a Rally School via Zoom (November 26th) to help prepare for the rally (for details and to pre-register for the School, go to http://msreg.com/CBR23RSmsr ). For those who can’t join the live session, we will post a YouTube video recording of the session.
- Check-in and starting place: El Fenix Restaurant, 3450 S Central Expy (at corner of southbound 75 frontage road and Craig), McKinney, TX 75070
- Registration/check-in: 9:30 am to 10:00 am on Rally Day
- Mandatory safety briefing: 10:10 am
- Cars leave the start: 10:30 am plus your car number.
- Length: 85 miles (~4 hours)
- Finish: El Fenix Restaurant, 3450 S Central Expy, McKinney, TX 75070, where we will gather for a beverage or meal, announcements, and awards
- Rally type: GTA (Games, Tours, Adventures) rally
- Route: paved roads in Collin County, Texas
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 (or even 3) wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- Classes: First-timer, Novice (3 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies).
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed.
- Rally entry fee (per vehicle): $40.00; regular SCCA Members: $12.00 discount. A $5.00 late fee will be assessed to anyone not pre-registered on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rally Master: Liz Witt
While same-day registration will be allowed, we encourage you to pre-register. To pre-register, page down and click on “Register Now”.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With over 55,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the fifth event in the 2023 Texas Region SCCA RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 23-RRRG-61711. It qualifies for Texas Region Championship points but does not qualify for National Championship points.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
About Scottish Rite for Children
Scottish Rite for Children is one of the nation’s leading pediatric orthopedic centers. A wide range of orthopedic conditions are treated, including sports injuries and fractures, as well as certain arthritic, neurological and learning disorders, such as dyslexia. Patients receive treatment regardless of the family’s ability to pay. For more information about services available at the Dallas or Frisco campuses, volunteering or donating, visit scottishriteforchildren.org
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If any one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, or at registration. An online Annual Digital Waiver option is also available.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Weekend Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Weekend Member during online pre-registration. The following scenarios apply:
(1) If both Driver and Navigator are already regular Members, either one can complete this registration for the team and receive the Member rate for the for the team/car.
(2) If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration, so as to receive the Member entry fee rate for the team/car. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
(3) If neither Driver nor Navigator are regular Members, you have the option of first signing up for a regular Membership (www.scca.org). and then returning to this registration process, now under one of the previous two scenarios. Otherwise, if you proceed, the registration system will assign the person registering as a Weekend Member, which entitles them to certain benefits (see below). The other person(s) in the car will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part). If there is a preference for who becomes a Weekend Member, then that person should complete this registration. The other occupants if the car will be registered as Trial Members (no action required on their part). Under this scenario, you qualify for the Non-Member/Weekend Member entry fee rate, which includes the cost for the one Weekend Membership.
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.
Term: 5 days (consecutive) from day of initial event
Entitled to full participation privileges in SCCA events excluding SCCA Pro Racing events
Entitled to apply a $15 coupon towards any SCCA Annual Membership within 60 days of issuance
Weekend Member will receive email with details and membership upgrade coupon a day or two after the Rally