About this event
Waterford Hills Open Track Day
Registration closed 9/9 - already have 30 people on the waitlist.
WHRRI member $175.00
*Day of Event:
WHRRI member $200.00
Dates for 2020:
OTD 1 - April 18th - Cancelled OTD 2 - April 19th - Cancelled OTD 3 - May 9th - Cancelled
- OTD 4a - June 13th *NEW
- OTD 4b - June 14th
- OTD 5 - July 5th
- OTD 5b - July 25th *NEW
- OTD 5c - July 26th *NEW
- WDC OTD - August 14 (Friday) *NEW
- OTD 6 - August 23rd
- OTD 7 - September 13th
- OTD 8 - October 4th
*3 pack and 6 pack discount packages are available
- 10% base cancellation fee
- 30% cancellation fee if notification is received between 6 to 48 hours of the event. Reduced to 10% if your spot is filled.
- 50% cancellation fee for notification received in the 6 hours prior to the event. Reduced to 10% if your spot is filled.
- No Show/No Notification prior to start of event = 50% cancellation fee. No reduction will be provided for this penalty if the vacant spot is filled.
- Track Pack/Credit cancellations: Penalties will be applied to the rescheduled event.
- Events start at 7:00am for registration and tech inspections.
- 9:00am driver's meeting and novice instruction
- Vehicles on course at 10:00am
- Lunch ~12:30
- Track secured at 6:00pm.
How do we make up the run groups?
- We usually have 5 run groups made up of 16 drivers
- Each group is scheduled to get 4 sessions during the day
- Each session will be ~15 to 20 minutes
- Drivers are split up into groups based on experience.
What kind of equipment do I need?
- A vehicle that can pass a basic safety inspection (Contact me about restrictions on convertibles, open wheel, Truck, SUV and Hybrids)
- Recommend using vehicles with manual transmissions
- A SNELL rated helmet that’s 2010 or newer (We have rental helmets available at the track if you don't have one)
- No special tires are required!
I'm new to this!
- Everyone was new at one point!
- We have basic instruction in the morning
- Club drivers can provide one on one instruction when available
- Track day people are Awesome! Pretty much anyone at the track will be happy to help, or come find me and I'll introduce you to an experienced driver
- I've been collecting lots of information and posting it in our forums… check it out here: OTD Primer
- Send me an email and I'll get any other questions answered ASAP! (OTD@WaterfordHills.com)
Join our Email List
- Keep up to date and register for Track day events!
- We use this list to keep everyone informed on schedules and changes.
- Tips and tricks for newcomers!
- Go here to join the list: Waterford OTD Mailing list
How do I rank myself for registration?
- I double check your experience levels during the registration process.
- If you have a question, note it in the "Notes to Organizer" on the entry form. I do read them!
- Unsure of your skill level - start out as a Novice (HPDE-1) and tell me what your experience is - we'll get you in the right group!
- Use the table below to help you figure it out:
LICENSED RACE DRIVER.
This event is approved for track day insurance with the following companies:
- Hagerty track day insurance: https://www.hagerty.com/Insurance/Track-Day-Insurance
Long pants and closed toe shoes are required
No passengers are permitted during hot sessions (except instructors)
2018 WATERFORD_HILLS_OTD_TechForm.pdf (Tech form is for reference only - printed form will be provided to you on day of event)