TX Region SCCA Spring PDX and Club Trial
SCCA - Texas Region - Solo
Registration closed May 4, 2017 11:59 PM on May 4, 2017 11:59 PM CDT Registration ends May 4, 2017 11:59 PM on May 4, 2017 11:59 PM CDT Registration opens March 16, 2017 12:00 AM on March 16, 2017 12:00 AM CDT Registration runs from March 16, 2017 12:00 AM to May 4, 2017 11:59 PM
This is a Club Trials (PDX Level 2) event per SCCA time trial rules. SCCA Performance Driving Experience events (PDX) are designed to concentrate on driver enjoyment, philosophy, and the application of performance driving techniques. PDX is a non-competitive event. SCCA Club Trials (CT) events provide a constructive learning environment that stresses proper driving techniques, while at the same time offering a timed event. This event offers both PDX and Club Trials options for participants.
Additionally, in 2017 Texas Region SCCA is offering a Club Trials Championship series, where points are earned for each Club Trial throughout the year.
This event has two elements - PDX, and Club Trial. Please choose the correct element during the registration process:
- The PDX element is open to novices with little or no track experience. PDX drivers will have an instructor assigned to them for the day.
The Club Trials element is a timed event (SCCA level 2 PDX), with the option to participate in the 2017 Club Trials Championship Series.
Driver qualification will be as follows:
- Hold a current SCCA Competition license, or a history of tracking events with SCCA or SCCA recognized organizations such as PCA, NASA, CHIN, BMW, PBOC, etc; or
- Hold a current SCCA PDX License; or
- Hold an SCCA PDX log book that indicates the ability to 'solo' and has successfully completed at least 3 SCCA PDX events; or
- Has been approved to drive solo by any of the following HPDE schools: Apex, Drivers Edge, Chinn, Eagles Canyon, Texas World, Edge Addicts.
- Receive an entry waiver from the PDX Chief Driving Instructor.
- If you do not meet the requirements of 1-4 above, you can request an entry waiver by contacting the Chief Driving Instructor, Brad Flack (email@example.com). All drivers approved for participation who do not meet 1-4 above and who don't have and entry waiver will need to choose the PDX option when registering. PDX drivers will have an instructor assigned to them for the day. Log Books will be provided at registration. The log books will be filled out after each session and can be used toward PDX licensing.
- Driver qualification will be as follows:
*Your AMB transponder must be compatible with our timing system. If you're not sure, please email Brad Flack (firstname.lastname@example.org) for clarification.