About this event
Regisration for this event in now CLOSED. If you are still interested in attending please contact us at email@example.com
The Oak Tree Bowl HPDE at Virginia International Raceway presented by the Tidewater Sports Car Club
VIR - Full Course - Saturday, February 06, 2021
VIR - North Course - Sunday, February 07, 2021
The weather may be cold but your engines will be warm! Join us at VIR for two days of superb driving! This event has weather insurance: In the event of forecasted SEVERE weather that threatens the safety of our attendees and staff we will cancel the event and issue full refunds. In the event of a cancellation part-way through the event, refunds will be pro-rated based on lost time.
Drivers are split into 5 run groups based on skill level. Green and Yellow will be required to run with instructors. Each run group will get four 20 to 25 minute sessions per day!
– Green: This is the Novice group for anyone who has zero, or very limited, track experience (2 weekends or less). A lead follow instructor will be provided to each student to help get all members of this group up to speed.
– Yellow: This is the Intermediate group, which is for anyone with multiple weekends of experience. A lead follow instructor is optional to assist driver's in continuing to grow their on track skills.
– Blue: This is the Advanced run group, which is for anyone with many track weekends, no instructors are required. You should have a solid history with numerous events completed.
– Red: This is the Licensed run group, for those who hold Time Trial and/or Competition licenses (NASA, SCCA, WRL, etc). This is an open passing group.
[ ]– White: This is the Lead Follow Instructor run group.
All Experience will be verified for instructors and advanced run groups.
Student and Solo Pricing:
$400 - Until December 1st
$425 - Until January 1st
$450 - registering January 2nd or later
$250 - Solo Saturday Only
$225 - Solo Sunday Only
Instructors - Instructors may join us at no charge. All instructors get a one run group guarantee. This will be lead follow instruction. If you wish to instruct and have not done so with us before, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm. Experience will be verified.
Registration closes on January 20th. No walk ups will be accepted!
Cancellations will be handled on a case by case basis. Cancellations within 30 days will be subject to an administrative fee and only credit will be given. In the event of inclement weather, all participants will receive a full refund.
Schedule of Events:
Schedule will be announced closer to the start of the event
Carefully read all sections of this page. Failure to do so can delay or prevent participation at the event!
- Drivers must have a valid driver or competition license. License must be able to be presented at registration.
- Drivers under 18 years old must have a parent or guardian on site at all times.
- All Drivers must be wearing closed-toe shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt made of cotton or other non-synthetic fibers.
- Multiple drivers in the same car will not be allowed in the same run group. We are aiming to keep the run groups small to maximize track time, and to help ensure a relatively open track for all groups. All drivers must individually register to run in this event.
- All Drivers MUST READ and understand the TSCC HPDE Supplemental Rules (CLICK HERE).
Vehicle Tech and Safety:
The Tidewater Sports Car Club takes the safety of our drivers, instructors, and Safety Workers very seriously. Please pay close attention to this section as you WILL NOT be allowed on track if you fail to comply with our safety and tech policies.
A Pre-Event Tech Inspection is required for all participants to be done and our form filled out within 30 days of the start of the event. The tech form can be downloaded/printed HERE. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions. Given the Covid-19 guidelines TSCC will not hold a tech inspection day. A a valid, 2020/2021 Tech sticker (NASA, SCCA, WRL, etc) can be used as a substitute to the pre-tech form.
To ensure your vehicle will have no issues passing tech at the event, please READ THE TSCC HPDE SUPPLEMENTAL RULES (CLICK HERE).
we WILL be doing a hands on inspection of all vehicles the day of the event.
Please read our complete HPDE Supplemental Rules (CLICK HERE) which contain all information needed regarding specific convertible requirements, the broomstick test standards, and other safety requirements such as harness install, etc. All convertibles must have adequate rollover protection and owners shall contact firstname.lastname@example.org to verify if the factory rollover protection is adequate.
Miata and S2000 stock rollover protection is NOT adequate and a suitable roll bar is necessary. MOST factory vehicles do not have adequate rollover protection.
You must have a SNELL Rated Helmet SA2010 or newer.
Registration, Payment, and Wait List:
All attendees will be placed on "hold" status until prior experience is reviewed and verified. Payments will be processed upon signup.
Instructors - If you wish to instruct and have not done so with us before, please email email@example.com to confirm. Experience will be verified.
Registering for this event acknowledges agreement to comply with these rules set-forth above.
All Participants must pre-register for this event. All experience listed WILL BE VERIFIED to ensure safe run group assignments.