About this event
34th Annual Teddy Bear Toys for Tots Charity RoadRally
For the past 33 years the wonderful folks at Subaru have sponsored the NNJR-SCCA & Motorsport Club of North Jersey’s annual charity road rally. This event is open to the general public and requires only a car or light truck with a working odometer and a pen to compete. The fee, per car, is a brand new Teddy Bear/unwrapped toy worth at least $35.00 retail which will be donated to the USMC Reserve Toys for Tots
This is a 60 mile Course Following 'Gimmick (GTA) Rally. No math or special timing equipment needed, just a working odometer.
Awards for 1st and 2nd in each of 3 classes (Expert, Intermediate, & Novice).
Special Awards for: Best First Time, Best Subaru, Best SCCA, Best PCA, Best BMW, Best RVSCC, Best Family, Best Husband & Wife/Partner and Dead Last But Finished.
In-person sign-in starts at 10:30 AM
Drivers Meeting: 11:30 AM
Time: First car out at 12:00 PM (Noon)
- You will need paper and a pencil/pen a clipboard will be helpful. A valid driver license and proof of current liability insurance are required. Your vehicle must meet basic safety standards (e.g., lights, brakes, windshield wipers and horn must work).
- Each vehicle participating shall have at least two participants, a driver and navigator. Passengers are allowed but no more than can safely be carried in the car and they must sign a event waiver and register for the event.
- The object of the event is to provide new toys for the many needy families in our area. The event is a novice friendly course following rally using all paved roads. Just follow the rally course, and keep an eye out for special photo instructions that will test your observation skills. Your score on each leg of the rally will be determiend by how well you follow the route, and is based on 100 points for each mile that you vary from the official route.
- A digital SCCA Minor Waiver must be provided for each minor (person under the age of 18).
- More info can be found here https://www.scca.com/downloads/59650-digital-annual-waiver-instructions/download
- Experienced - You know who you are, long time ralliests with years of experience.
- Intermediate – You have been on several rallies in the past and have won 5 or more trophies on prior events, but are not ready to move up to the experienced class.
- Novice - New to the sport or have only been on simple 'trek' events and have won less then 5 awards on other events.
- Beginner - This is youi first car rally or Trek. (You are also eligible for Novice Awards)
The rally will be conducted in full compliance with Motorsport Club of North Jersey General Instructions as supplemented by the events’ Special Instructions (Photo Clues).