About this event
You’re invited to the Tick Tock Rally, an SCCA Regional Time-Speed-Distance (TSD) tour rally over paved backroads of Denton and Cooke counties. A precision driving event at fun speeds to (re)introduce TSD rallying to the Texas Region. This will be a Monte Carlo style rally. Course following is easy with a mileage on every instruction and a sign reference, if there is one. We score you on how close to the perfect time you arrive at checkpoint locations along the route. No calculations involved. We tell you where every control is and the perfect time to arrive there. All you have to do is arrive at that time. Get one point for each second early or late; low score wins.
It is not a speed or racing contest. You will be timed at the checkpoints by means of the Richta GPS smart phone app. Scores are automatically reported to the Rallymaster. No score sheet to fill out. We will send you information on it after you pre-register. Also, we plan to conduct a Rally School via Zoom (currently scheduled for April 25th) to help prepare for the rally. It’ll include a short test rally that you can run to see how the app works before rally day. We encourage you to attend the School.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures have been developed and will be put into place to support this objective. You should not have to get out of your car. All of the registration materials and rally materials needed for the event will be available online or sent to you via email, and can be completed and returned ahead of the event or, if applicable, you can print them and bring them with you. In some cases (e.g., Minor Waivers that have not been notarized) we will witness you signing the completed form. We will also send you the General Instructions and Route Instructions to print out at home.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, comply with applicable COVID-19 guidelines and make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home. While on site, please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Starting Place: HL Brockett Elementary School front parking lot, 900 Chestnut St, Aubrey, TX 76227.
- Complete registration and orientation: 10:30 am to 11:45 am on Rally Day
- Cars leave the start: 12:00 pm plus your car number
- Length: approx. 87 miles (~3 ½ hours); 2 rest breaks on course where you can snack or get fast food
- Finish: same location as starting place
- Rally type: TSD Tour. A smart phone, as well as a clipboard and pencil are all you need. No timing calculations required.
- Route: paved roads in Denton and Cooke counties
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Three classes: First-timer (neither crew-member has run a rally before), Novice (2 rally trophies or less), General, and Master (this is an optional class: no trophies).
- SCCA membership requirements: at least one SCCA Member required in each car, either regular/annual Member or Weekend Member; if not currently a Member, you will be able to become a Weekend Member during online pre-registration
- Rally entry fee: regular SCCA Members $25.00; Weekend Members $35 (includes membership fee). You must preregister on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rallymaster: Liz Witt.
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules well ahead of the event. All entrants must pre-register – no same-day registration allowed – and you are advised to pre-register as early as possible. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the second event in the 2021 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 21-RRRT-55631; it does not qualify for the National SCCA RoadRally Championship.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If any one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, or at registration.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Weekend Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Weekend Member during online pre-registration. The following scenarios apply:
(1) If both Driver and Navigator are already regular Members, either one can complete this registration for the team and receive the Member rate for the for the team/car.
(2) If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration, so as to receive the Member entry fee rate for the team/car. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
(3) If neither Driver nor Navigator are regular Members, you have the option of first signing up for a regular Membership (www.scca.org). and then returning to this registration process, now under one of the previous two scenarios. Otherwise, if you proceed, the registration system will assign the person registering as a Weekend Member, which entitles them to certain benefits (see below). The other person(s) in the car will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part). If there is a preference for who becomes a Weekend Member, then that person should complete this registration. The other occupants of the car will be registered as Trial Members (no action required on their part). Under this scenario, you qualify for the Non-Member/Weekend Member entry fee rate, which includes the cost for the one Weekend Membership.
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.
Term: 5 days (consecutive) from day of initial event
Entitled to full participation privileges in SCCA events excluding SCCA Pro Racing events
Entitled to apply a $15 coupon towards any SCCA Annual Membership within 60 days of issuance
Weekend Member will receive email with details and membership upgrade coupon a day or two after the Rally