About this event
You’re invited to the Tick Tock Rally, an SCCA Regional Time-Speed-Distance (TSD) tour rally. The rally will start and end in Anna, Texas and will traverse paved backroads of Collin County. At fun speeds. This is a precision driving event to (re)introduce TSD rallying to the Texas Region. We give you speeds to travel and then time you at points along the route to see how well you maintain those speeds. Liz Witt is Rallymaster and, for those who know her, she promises there are absolutely no traps on this rally. All instructions telling you where to go have official mileages so following the course is very easy. It is not a speed or racing contest. Timing will rely on the Richta GPS smart phone app, developed recently by an experienced SCCA rallyist. We will send you information on it after you pre-register. Also, we plan to conduct a Rally School (currently scheduled for October 10th), including a short test rally that you can run to see how the app works, before rally day. More to follow on this.
In light of the current COVID-19 situation, every attempt will be made to minimize the risks of exposure to the virus. New processes and procedures have been developed and will be put into place to support this objective. We will send you all the registration materials to print and fill out at home. You do not have to get out of your car. We will collect the completed registration forms from you and witness you signing the Release and Waiver of Liability. We will also send you the General Instructions and Route Instructions to print out at home.
Ultimately, it is your responsibility to assess the risk to you, comply with applicable COVID-19 guidelines and make the decision on whether or not to participate. If you are feeling unwell or are experiencing symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath, please stay home. If you have been in contact with someone who has been experiencing these symptoms in the last two weeks, please stay home. While on site, please take the health and safety of your fellow participants, volunteers and staff into consideration and practice social distancing, wear a mask, and wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Starting Place: Parking area facing railroad tracks across from Anna Independent School District building, 501 S Sherley Rd, Anna, TX 75409.
- Complete registration and orientation: 10:00 am to 10:45 am on Rally Day
- Cars leave the start: 11:00 am plus your car number
- Length: approx. 80 miles (~3 hours)
- Finish: same location as starting place; results to be announced and trophies awarded there. You are welcome to have lunch at nearby Crow’s Country Café or other establishments after wrap-up.
- Rally type: TSD Tour. A smart phone, as well as a clipboard and pencil is all you need
- Route: paved roads in Collin County and (some) in Grayson County
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Three classes: First-timer (neither crew-member has run a rally before), SOP (Seat-of-the-Pants) (no timing calculations may be performed), Calculating (can use any app or calculator to determine if running late or early along the route)
- SCCA membership requirements: at least one SCCA Member required in each car, either regular/annual Member or Weekend Member; if not currently a Member, you will be able to become a Weekend Member during online pre-registration
- Rally entry fee: regular SCCA Members $25.00; Weekend Members $35 (includes membership fee). You must preregister on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rally Master: Liz Witt.
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules well ahead of the event. The final version of the rally rules will be emailed at least one week before the event. All entrants must pre-register – no same-day registration allowed – and you are advised to pre-register as early as possible. Notice too that registration closes two days before the rally, rather than the evening before the event. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the second event in the 2020 Texas Region SCCA Championship RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 20-RRRT-19832.
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, or at registration.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Weekend Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Weekend Member during online pre-registration. The following scenarios apply:
(1) If both Driver and Navigator are already regular Members, either one can complete this registration for the team and receive the Member rate for the for the team/car.
(2) If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration, so as to receive the Member entry fee rate for the team/car. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
(3) If neither Driver nor Navigator are regular Members, you have the option of first signing up for a regular Membership (www.scca.org). and then returning to this registration process, now under one of the previous two scenarios. Otherwise, if you proceed, the registration system will assign the person registering as a Weekend Member, which entitles them to certain benefits (see below). The other person(s) in the car will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part). If there is a preference for who becomes a Weekend Member, then that person should complete this registration. The other occupants if the car will be registered as Trial Members (no action required on their part). Under this scenario, you qualify for the Non-Member/Weekend Member entry fee rate, which includes the cost for the one Weekend Membership.
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.
Term: 5 days (consecutive) from day of initial event
Entitled to full participation privileges in SCCA events excluding SCCA Pro Racing events
Entitled to apply a $15 coupon towards any SCCA Annual Membership within 60 days of issuance
Weekend Member will receive email with details and membership upgrade coupon a day or two after the Rally