About this event
You’re invited to the Tick Tock Rally, an SCCA Regional Time-Speed-Distance (TSD) tour rally over scenic paved backroads of Collin County. All entrants are welcome. No prior rally experience is necessary. A precision driving event at fun speeds as we (re)introduce TSD rallying to the Texas Region. Course following is easy with GPS mileages on every turn. We assign speeds to drive. Object is to arrive at checkpoints along the route at the correct time. We score you on how close to the perfect time you arrive at checkpoint locations. Get one point for each second early or late; low score wins. No calculations necessary. This year’s rally will consist of five different kinds of legs, so you can experience various flavors of TSD Tour rallying:
1. Give you miles to checkpoints, sign references and perfect times of day to arrive.
2. Give you miles to checkpoints, sign references and perfect elapsed times from leg start to arrive.
3. Give you miles to checkpoints and sign references.
4. Give you sign references to checkpoints
5. Have unmarked checkpoints section--no miles or references to checkpoints.
This is not a speed or racing contest. You will be timed at the checkpoints by means of the Richta GPS smart phone app. Scores are automatically reported to the Rallymaster. No score sheet to fill out. We will send you information on it after you pre-register. Also, we plan to conduct a Rally School via Zoom (currently scheduled for October 2nd) to help prepare for the rally (for details and to pre-register for the School, go to http://msreg.com/TTR22RSmsr). For those who can’t join the live session, we will post a YouTube video recording of the session. We encourage you to attend the School.
- Starting Place: Spring Creek Barbeque, 1993 N Central Expy N, McKinney, TX 75071.
- Complete registration and orientation: 10:10 am to 10:40 am on Rally Day
- Cars leave the start: 11:00 pm plus your car number
- Length: approx. 90 miles (~4 hours); 2 optional rest breaks on course
- Finish: same location as starting place
- Rally type: TSD Tour. A smart phone, as well as a clipboard and pencil are all you need. No timing calculations needed (unless in Calculating Class – see below).
- Route: paved roads in Collin County
- Vehicles: Sports Cars, Family Cars, Classic Cars, Antiques, anything with 4 wheels that’s street legal is OK in this Rally. Note: speed is not a factor.
- At least two people (a driver and a navigator) are required in each car; contact email@example.com if you have a minor child (<18) in the car, as a form will need to be signed
- Three classes: First-timer (neither crew-member has run a rally before), SOP (Seat-of-the-Pants) (no timing calculations may be performed), Calculating (can use any electronic app or mechanical calculator to determine if running late or early along the route)
- SCCA membership requirements: at least one SCCA Member required in each car, either regular/annual Member or Weekend Member; if not currently a Member, you will be able to become a Weekend Member during online pre-registration
- Rally entry fee: regular SCCA Members $25.00; Weekend Members $35 (includes membership fee). You must preregister on MotorsportReg.com.
- Rallymaster: Liz Witt.
Registrants will be emailed the rally rules well ahead of the event. All entrants must pre-register – no same-day registration allowed. We encourage entrants to pre-register at least a week in advance. It gives you time to prepare and us time to properly plan for awards and other car-count-dependent arrangements. The Rally Committee reserves the right to limit entries. To pre-register, page down and click on “Continue”.
Texas Region SCCA (www.texasscca.org) is affiliated with the Sports Car Club of America (www.scca.org). With nearly 65,000 members, and with Regions all over the US, the club offers car related activities in a broad range of automotive events.
This is the seventh event in the 2022 Texas Region SCCA RoadRally Series. This event is sanctioned as a Regional Rally by SCCA, under Sanction Number 22-RRRT-59221. It qualifies for Texas Region Championship points but does not qualify for National Championship points.
For more information on the RoadRally Series, visit www.texasscca.org/rally
There must be at least 2 people old enough to read in every rally car. The driver must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance. The car must be in good mechanical condition. If one of the rally car occupants is a minor (under 18 years old), that person must have an SCCA "Minor Release" signed by a parent in the presence of either the rally registrar or a Notary Public. The form is available from firstname.lastname@example.org, or at registration.
For purposes of liability insurance protection, SCCA has (re)instituted membership requirements for RoadRally participants. There must be at least one SCCA Member in every rally car, either a regular/annual Member or a Weekend Member. If not currently a Member, you will be registered as a Weekend Member during online pre-registration. The following scenarios apply:
(1) If both Driver and Navigator are already regular Members, either one can complete this registration for the team and receive the Member rate for the for the team/car.
(2) If only one of the team is a regular Member, then that Member should complete this registration, so as to receive the Member entry fee rate for the team/car. The other person(s) will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part).
(3) If neither Driver nor Navigator are regular Members, you have the option of first signing up for a regular Membership (www.scca.org). and then returning to this registration process, now under one of the previous two scenarios. Otherwise, if you proceed, the registration system will assign the person registering as a Weekend Member, which entitles them to certain benefits (see below). The other person(s) in the car will be designated as Trial Members (no action required on their part). If there is a preference for who becomes a Weekend Member, then that person should complete this registration. The other occupants if the car will be registered as Trial Members (no action required on their part). Under this scenario, you qualify for the Non-Member/Weekend Member entry fee rate, which includes the cost for the one Weekend Membership.
Note for Members completing the Registration: MSReg verifies your membership against the SCCA database. Your Member number, first name and last name must all match exactly with the SCCA data. The verification uses the name in your MSReg account profile, so please make sure that your name matches the one in your SCCA profile exactly to avoid verification failures (e.g., Steve vs Stephen will cause a mismatch error). If different, we recommend that you update your MSReg account name to match the SCCA data.
Term: 5 days (consecutive) from day of initial event
Entitled to full participation privileges in SCCA events excluding SCCA Pro Racing events
Entitled to apply a $15 coupon towards any SCCA Annual Membership within 60 days of issuance
Weekend Member will receive email with details and membership upgrade coupon a day or two after the Rally