About this event
- $205 for GGLC members and $225 for non-members. You can join the club for $25 when you sign up and take the $20 discount immediately.
- additional $20 off if you register by March 31. Yes that's right, total price is only $185 for members who sign up quickly.
- Cancellations with full refund are allowed before April 30.
- All brands of cars are welcome.
- Each group is scheduled for 7 twenty minute sessions.
- We have a few spots open for beginners who have never driven on a racetrack before. We will pair you with a personal coach.
- Novice and Intermediate groups will have open passing on the long straights and pointbys required on the short straights and in turns.
- Advanced group is open passing.
- Open wheel cars are allowed in the Advanced Group only.
The Golden Gate Lotus Club has been running open track events for over 20 years. We are a non-profit group and our goal is to provide low-hassle open track days for minimum cost with maximum track time.
All brands of cars are welcome at our events. Typical events are about 20% Lotus and 80% other cars. Lemons-type race cars are allowed if they are in excellent mechanical condition (Lemons cars will receive a special safety inspection at the track). Open top cars must have a roll bar with rear braces or factory installed roll-over protection (pop-up bars or similar). Open wheel race cars are allowed in the Advanced Group only. Roll bars in open cars must pass the broomstick test. (top of drivers helmet must not be above the top off the roll bar and windscreen.
Helmets must be rated SA2010 or later. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed. Eye protection required for open cars. Head and neck restraint systems are STRONGLY recommended for all drivers and passengers. If you are using a 4, 5, or 6 point harness then a head and neck restraint system is required.
This is for drivers with zero track days experience. We will assign a coach to you and he will ride with you during each session until you are deemed safe to solo. There will be a maximum of 5 beginners allowed and you will be on track with the Novice group
You must have a minimum of 1 track day or equivalent previous experience. Passing without a point-by will be allowed on the long straights only. Passing in turns will be allowed with a point-by.
You must have a minimum of 6 track days previous experience or equivalent. Passing without a point-by will be allowed on the long straights and some of the short straights. Passing in turns will be allowed with a point-by.
You must have a minimum of 15 track days experience or equivalent . This is an open passing group and pointbys are not required.
This event will run rain or shine.
You are solely responsible for the safety of your car. We may choose to inspect cars for safety at any time for any reason. Lemon's type cars and cars with damaged bodywork will receive a special safety inspection at the track. Any size water, brake fluid, or fuel leaks will disqualify you. Minor oil leaks are typically acceptable.
You are responsible for any damage you cause to the track or facilities. Any extra charges from the track for cleanup, fire, damage, etc may be charged back to you and we will decide this on a case-by-case basis.
Your helmet must be rated Snell SA 2010 or later. Motorcycle helmets are not allowed.
All cars must have numbers on both sides of the cars for Identification. Pick any number. Digits must be 6” tall minimum.
You are responsible for any damage you cause to the track or facilities. The track will charge us for damage to crash barriers and we will transfer that charge to you.