About this event
THIS EVENT IS NOT YET OPEN FOR REGISTRATION BUT WILL BE SOON. THE DETAILS BELOW ARE FROM LAST YEAR'S EVENT AND MAY CHANGE SLIGHTLY FOR 2022
Come join the Golden Gate Lotus Club for this open track event at the 3-mile Thunderhill Raceway Park (East Track) on May 16, 2022.
All types of cars are welcome at our events. We will be running this event in the normal counter-clockwise direction WITH THE BYPASS in the morning and then switching after lunch to the REVERSE DIRECTION (Clockwise) WITH THE BYPASS for the afternoon. Yes, that's right.
Price is $175 for members and $195 for non-members. You can become a GGLC member for $25 when you register and take the member discount immediately.
This event will be divided into 3 different groups on track with 20 minute sessions. The three run groups will be as follows: Advanced Group for experienced drivers with 15+ track days/racing experience or equivalent, Intermediate Group for drivers with at least 7 track days experience, and Novice Group for drivers with at least 1 track day experience. Each group will have seven 20 minute sessions. Sign-up for whichever group is appropriate for your experience level. If you sign up for a particular group and decide at the track that you are not comfortable, then ask a GGLC official to switch groups, we can usually accommodate this.
Open wheeled cars will be allowed only in the Open Passing Group.
Due to the Coronavirus, there will be no Beginner Group since this would require us to put a coach in your passenger seat. However, if you are a Beginner (zero track days experience) and would like to join, and you can find a qualified (GGLC-approved) coach from within your own family, then you may join by contacting the GGLC and we will add you to the Novice Group. Note, there will still only be 3-4 Beginner slots available.
We will run the event run rain or shine. Cancellations before 9/10/2020 will receive a credit for a future track day which will be good for one year from the cancellation date. Cancellations after 9/10/2020 will receive a credit ONLY if the event sells out.
We will not conduct a tech inspection on your car. You are solely responsible for the safety of your car. However, the Golden Gate Lotus Club reserves the right to reject any vehicle if we deem it unsafe or mechanically questionable.
For drivers experiencing mechanical failures that result in dropping oil on the track, damage to track property such as broken brake markers, etc., and deployment of the fire truck which results in any additional charges to us for clean-up, repair to track property, etc., we will consider whether to pass on these additional costs to the responsible driver on a case-by-case basis.
Open top cars MUST have a roll bar that attaches at four locations on the body/chassis. Decorative, or "Style Bars" are not allowed. Factory installed roll-over protection including pop-up bars are allowed. Drivers of open top cars must wear eye protection.
Passengers will not be allowed unless they drove to the track in the same car with you and must be at least 18 years old.
All cars must have numbers on both sides for Identification. Pick any number. Digits must be 6” tall minimum.
Please use the MotorsportReg website and your credit card to register and pay for your entry.
Golden Gate Lotus Club Open Track Day at Thunderhill Raceway Park Thursday, September 24, 2020.
GGLC COVID-19 TRACK DAY POLICY & REQUIREMENTS
The GGLC is committed to providing events that put participant safety as a number one priority. All GGLC events will follow the guidelines and mandates of the local health officials and authorities.
Entrants are required to follow these guidelines. Any participant may be asked to leave the event for non-compliance.
AT GGLC TRACK DAYS THE GGLC WILL:
- Follow state and municipal guidelines in relation to COVID-19
- Provide, when possible, COVID-19 prevention supplies to event staff—hand sanitizer, disposable gloves, trash baskets, disposable face masks and cleaners/disinfectants.
- Plan ways to limit in-person contact for workers supporting our events
- Close event to spectators who are not associated and supervised by an entrant
- Require event staff and participants to stay at home if they are at higher risk for severe illness, or if they are sick or experiencing COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Limit the sharing of equipment.
- Hold driver meetings within social distancing protocols
- NOT supply food, water. There will not be community beverage coolers or similar.
- NOT supply lunch.
- NOT supply loaner helmets.
- NOT have community pens, clip boards, tire pressure gauges, etc.
- Announce in advance any change normal event hours to provide more time for set-up, registration and break-down.
AT GGLC TRACK DAY PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUIRED TO:
- To stay home if you are NOT feeling well or have been ill within two weeks prior to the event. The GGLC will refund entry fees.
- Report to the GGLC immediately should you fall ill at the event.
- Follow the local, Track and GGLC COVID-19 protocols for participants and workers
- Bring your own –
- Pen (for signing waivers at gate)
- Bring your own PPE –
- Wipes and/or hand sanitizer
- Avoid sharing equipment, tools, food, beverages, etc.
- Bring and use their own helmet and driver equipment. Do not share with others.
- Maintain social distancing at all times. Staff may remind participants during the event to maintain Social Distancing. Anyone who continues to ignore social distancing procedures will be asked to leave.
- Park 6’ away from other vehicles or as far as paddock space allows
- Stay out of special work areas (timing/scoring, start/finish) unless you are assigned to work
- Limit the guests to family (of the same household) and essential support.
- Wear a mask at all times, unless on-track. If are unwilling to meet this requirement and wish to cancel, notify the GGLC at least 48 hours in advance and your entry fee will be refunded”.
COACHING & PASSENGERS
- In vehicle coaching will NOT be allowed unless the driver and coach are from the same household.
- In vehicle passenger (maximum of ONE) are allowed ONLY IF the driver and passenger are of the same household
REGISTRATION & CHECK-IN
- Online registration is required. There will NOT be any at-event walk-up registrations.
- Do not handle clipboards. Waivers will be in a place accessible by the participant. Pens will not be available, bring you own.
- GGLC will try to have non-contact check-in
DRIVER & WORKER MEETINGS
- Worker & Driver meetings will be held outdoors and social distancing protocols must be followed
- COVID-19 procedures will be reviewed in these meetings