About this event
After attending O'Fest Forever, the ///M Chapter is headed to the BMW Performance Center in Thermal, California on October 2nd for our ///M Chapter Day event. The Performance Center West provides current model ///M cars, instructors, gas, tires, lunch and a first-class facility for a fun-filled day at the track. Just show up ready to drive!
The focus of this event is on improving your driving skills and having fun through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience are required. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
For this event, two drivers pair up and share a car. This provides plenty of drive time for both participants and allows passangers to focus on the technical aspects of the excercises. This format provides an great mix of learning and driving. Don't worry, you will get plenty of drive time and be exhausted by the end of the day.
We can also offer drivers a car to themselves for the entire day. No sharing, you will drive all day for $1,590.
This school is a special program designed by the Performance Center staff specifically for BMW CCA chapters. It includes instruction on proper driving position, vehicle dynamics, car-control skills, weight-transfer, oversteer/understeer and improving your vision. The day is divided into morning and afternoon sessions which mix skill exercises and competitive events, including skid pad wet/dry courses, braking and handling practice, autocross, lapping and more.
We will be driving current model BMW ///M Cars for this event. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session contents and the ///M cars available may vary from one school to the next.
Sunday, October 2, 2022
- 8:00 AM - Meet @ the Performance Center West / Thermal Club
- 8:15 AM - Drive day begins
- 5:00 PM - Drive day ends
The Fine Print. Please read carefully!!!
- Slots will be first-come, first-served to all current ///M Chapter BMW CCA members.
- If you are not a current ///M Chapter member, please contact BMW CCA Headquarters at (864) 250-0022 or register on-line to become a club member and a member of the ///M Chapter before you register for this event.
- The event coordinators only accept applicants into this school through the MotorsportReg.com registration site.
- All drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license to drive the Performance Center ///M cars. Sorry, no exceptions.
- The cost of $795.00, per day, per driver, per seat includes driving Performance Center ///M cars, tires, gas, instructors and lunch at the Performance Center.
- Travel expenses, meals and lodging costs are the responsibility of the attendees and not included in the $795.00 event registration fee.
- You do not have to own a BMW or ///M-car to attend this event. (However, be prepared - you may want to purchase one when you return home!)
We anticipate that this school will fill very rapidly. The cost of the school is $795.00, per driver, per day. Registration will open at 9:00 AM EST on Wednesday, June 1st and close on August 31st or when the event is full, at the discretion of the event coordinators.
Completed registrations will be accepted first-come, first-served, based on the registration date. Applications will be considered complete upon receipt of both the registration and full payment by credit card or eCheck. Your payment reserves your spot!
Each driver must pay the $795.00 fee to participate on each day. Sorry, no one drives for free. Non-driving guests may not ride in the cars on track with participants.
NOTE: Applicants must be ///M Chapter BMW CCA members to drive in this school. Payments will be taken when you are entered into this school by the event coordinator.
The BMW CCA will not reimburse any registrant or be responsible in any way, at any time, for any reason, for any travel-related expenses incurred by participants to this event.
You are encouraged to check your registration and acceptance status in your MotorsportReg.com account.
NOTE: If you are a BMW CCA member, but are not yet a member of the ///M Chapter, please join us by calling the national office at (864) 250-0022 or on-line and ask them to process your request to join the ///M chapter as a secondary chapter. ///M Chapter membership is required for this event, but you don't have to have an ///M car to join the ///M Chapter.
No refunds after July 1st, 2022, unless we can fill your slot or the event is canceled.
Once you pay the event fee, we will deduct $45.00 per person (for non-recoverable MSREG fees) from ALL cancellations. Therefore, for this event, each person that cancels after paying their fee will be refunded $750.00.