About this event
Pre-Registration for Members - $50
Pre-Registration for Non-Members - $65
We will not be permitting Walk-Up Registrations.
Ready to practice your Scandinavian flick? Need to dial in those new dampers?
Susquehanna Region SCCA is hosting a RallyCross practice day on Saturday, April 17 at the Farm Show Elmerton Lot. This event will operate similarly to a typical RallyCross event, but with the absence of scoring and season points. Timing will be operational and cone calls will still be a thing. This way, you can find out if tightening the nut behind the wheel or that new header is actually improving your times.
2021 Susquehanna RallyCross events will be run according to the SCCA RallyCross National Rules as shown on the SCCA website at SCCA.com.
All national SCCA RallyCross classes will be recognized.
In addition to vehicle eligibility as defined in the 2021 RX rulebook, drivers wishing to compete in a truck must demonstrate their vehicle is at least as wide as it is tall to be eligible. No SUVs or Jeeps will be allowed.
A 10 MPH speed limit will be strictly enforced for all areas of the venue except when on the actual competition course. Any individual found to be driving unsafely or at excessive speeds may be disqualified at the discretion of the organizers without option to appeal.
Approximate Event Schedule
- Suggested arrival time: 7:30-8AM
- Registration & Tech opens at 8AM
- Registration & Tech close at 9:10 AM
- Driver’s meeting: 9:15AM
- First car off: 10AM
- Finish and cleanup: 4:00PM
Technical Inspection and Helmets
The car will be inspected to verify that it is in proper working order, and has a legible registered entrant number on each side of the car. Items to be inspected may include but are not limited to: seat belts, seats, brakes, wheel bearings, ball joints, lug nuts, throttle return, battery tie-down, and steering. No major fluid leaks will be allowed.
In addition to vehicle eligibility as defined in the 2021 RallyCross rulebook, drivers wishing to compete in a truck, SUV, or crossover must reference the rollover rating found on the website for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration ( https://www.nhtsa.gov/ratings ). If your specific vehicle is not listed, a vehicle from that same production run a.k.a. “generation”, may be referenced. Vehicles with a rollover risk greater than 17% are barred from entry. Trucks, SUVS, and crossovers not rollover rated on the NHTSA website are also barred from entry. Any suspension modifications that raise the height of any given vehicle will be reviewed for entry eligibility by the Safety Steward. Final discretion of eligibility (special exemption or exclusion) will be ultimately decided by the Safety Steward or program chairs.
Helmets must be Snell 2005 (M2005 or SA2005) or newer.
Entries per car
There will be a maximum of two drivers per car per run group.
A competitor must be a minimum of 16 years old and those under 18 must have a properly executed SCCA minor waiver.
A competitor must possess a valid driver’s license or driving permit and be prepared to show it at registration. If a driving permit requires a parent/legal guardian, that person or an approved instructor must be present in the vehicle. Competitors and passengers must be SCCA Members. SCCA Weekend Memberships will be available at registration at a cost of $15.00.
SUSQUEHANNA REGION SCCA RALLYCROSS COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS FOR 2021
Please know that our main concern for everyone is their health and safety, therefore, it’s our responsibility to put that in the forefront of event logistics. We must also adhere to all state and local regulations while planning for our events. So with that, please read all of the policies below to make sure you are prepared for the events happening in 2021.
- If you aren’t feeling well, or feel like you may have symptoms of an illness, please stay home!
- Everyone on site is required to wear a mask. With the Governor’s recent statement on 7/1/20, we are required to wear masks outside. Masks are absolutely required in the “public” areas of the event, which include registration, tech and the driver’s meeting.
- Until further notice, we will only be accepting pre-registered competitors through MSR. We will not be accepting any walk up registrations at the events.
- The driver’s meeting will be conducted via our PA system, please make sure you practicing social distancing, and remain 6 feet apart.
- Loaner helmets will not be available at any events until further notice. If you do not have your own helmet, you will not be able to participate.
- The events will be limited to competitors ONLY. No spectators are permitted at the events.
- Make sure that you have the following items with you, we will NOT be offering the following items:
- Bottled Water
- Painter’s Tape for car numbers/classes
- We will have cleaning supplies like hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes for our Core staff to clean items like radios, timing equipment, and other equipment needed to run the event. You will need to bring your own sanitizing items and PPE to participate in the events, as the items will not be readily available for all competitors to use.
- Please be respectful of your fellow competitors, follow social distancing guidelines when in busy areas like registration, the driver’s meeting and course walk.
- If you are not comfortable with the above guidelines, please do not register for any events. If you are not following the guidelines we have put in place, you will be asked to leave, and may not be able to attend future events.
Additional information can be found on our Supplemental rules: http://www.scca-susq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/2021_Supplementals_rallycross_final.pdf?x42886