About this event
The Track Junkies group is Alberta’s premium recreational lapping day experience, with a safe and welcoming environment for people with high-value street and track cars to come out and play. This special event is run differently from our typical Track Junkies offering, so please read the following FORMAT description carefully to consider if you are qualified for this event.
FORMAT: This is our "Sunday Service" OPEN PIT LANE DAY. That means, the track is hot from 08:30 to12:30, and hot from 1:00pm to 5:00 pm. No segregated run groups; you can come and go on the track as you please. You could conceivably lap continuously for 8 hours with a half hour break for our corner workers at 12:30. It's our most popular format and many enjoy its relaxed social atmosphere. Morning or afternoon half day options are available as well.
INSTRUCTION will not be available on this day. This event is for signed off solo drivers.
SCHEDULE: This is a DAYTIME event.
- Gates to the paddock open at 7:30 AM
- Short Driver Meeting 8:20 AM
- Track hot from 8:30 AM until 12:30 PM.
- Lunch Break 12:30 PM - 1:00 PM
- Track Hot 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
RATES for this event:
- Fee per driver: $295+GST (Full Day), $149+GST Half Day (Morning or Afternoon)
- No Time Attack Competition at this event.
- NO lunch or hydration refreshments will be provided to you. Please bring your own liquids to stay hydrated and pack your own food. Bring a lawn chair to sit in your paddock stall.
- VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
- SAFE, TRACK-WORTHY VEHICLE INSPECTED IN ADVANCE OF THE EVENT. Please note the following:
- Trucks, SUV's, SAV's and other high center of gravity vehicles are NOT permitted.
- Convertibles, cabriolets, and open-top cars must have structural rollover protection ... if you do not know what this means, please contact us BEFORE registering. A partial list of convertibles with acceptable factory-provided roll bar protection can be found on our website at http://www.trackjunkies.ca/approved-convertible-list/. If your convertible is not on the list, feel free to email at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm if your car qualifies to run in our events.
- "Inspected in advance" means downloading the Track Junkies self-tech inspection form found at www.trackjunkies.ca/self-tech.pdf prior to the event and verifying the condition of each item on the form. Vehicles must be inspected separately for each event --- photocopies of previous inspections are not acceptable. The term "self-tech" means you may perform the inspection yourself if you have the required knowledge and tools. If you do not have the technical knowledge or tools required, or are not willing to take the time to properly inspect each item, please have the vehicle inspected by a licensed Automotive Service Technician with knowledge of the rigors expected in road course driving.
- BRAKE FLUID must be less than six months old on event date.
ONCE YOUR TECH INSPECTION FORM IS FILLED OUT, SCAN OR TAKE A PHOTO OF IT AND EMAIL IT TO email@example.com BEFORE 18:00 HOURS THE NIGHT BEFORE THE EVENT. In the event you forget to email it, you will be required to email it first before entering the race facility on the morning of the event. Do it before, please, to avoid delays entering the race facility.
- HELMET: Snell-approved M-2010 (motorcycle) or SA-2010 (motorsport) or newer helmets are required for all participants. ALL Snell-approved helmets bear a Snell rating sticker, typically found by lifting up the helmet liner (you should not need to remove any glued portions of the liner to view the sticker). Open-face helmets are preferred in vehicles with air bags; closed-face helmets are preferred in vehicles without air bags. We have a limited number of open-face Snell-SA rental helmets available for Novice drivers.
- EVENT WILL GO RAIN OR SHINE … please be prepared. No refunds for inclement weather.